Anyone like Hotrods?

north coast nsw, Australia

I have a heap of photo from a hotrod show is it worth me posting them?

Thumbnail by breeindy Thumbnail by breeindy
Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

I like them and me & my DH will both admire them if you would care to post...

ok here goes, dont ask me what the cars are though cause all i know is hot!

Thumbnail by breeindy Thumbnail by breeindy Thumbnail by breeindy Thumbnail by breeindy Thumbnail by breeindy

My 9 yr old daughter took all these photos, as she'd just gotten a new camera. She loved the glittery paint on that 2nd one.

Thumbnail by breeindy Thumbnail by breeindy Thumbnail by breeindy Thumbnail by breeindy Thumbnail by breeindy

We have these cars come every year and stay in our town (Yamba) for a few weeks having a street parade and other activities.

I think i have to write something on each of these pictures for them to load.

still more coming......

1st one on this post is the front of the last one on the post before(one of my favourites).

Thanks for taking the time to post! Those are some cool rides. Tell your daughter thank you also.

I suspect your favorite will also be my husbands' favorite. It is an either a 49 or 50 Mercury which he lusts after. But... we already have six older ones and two newer daily drivers and no room for more. lol

How fun it must be for those that own the cars to take them on tour. Fun for the communities that they visit also.

Hope others get over here to enjoy this run of hot rods. Kristi

Ok so some of these aint really hotrods but still hot cars. I love older Camaros.

What sort of cars do you have?

I love this 2nd black ute and the flame paint on the last one. Oh and my favouite, a camaro.

This message was edited Feb 5, 2013 4:13 PM

Had to take the corvette(isnt it?) pic, gotta love it.

Actually i dont know if i like Camaros more than Mustangs. hehe! Love that 4th car and the last pic is the pic that was on it.

2nd pic was painted on the 1st car.

Thumbnail by breeindy Thumbnail by breeindy Thumbnail by breeindy Thumbnail by breeindy

Wow, wow, wow! You did have a heap of photos. How fun that would be...

I've been looking for photos of some of our rides but most aren't on this computer. I need to scan some photos so I can post them.

The first photo with two cars are mine. I had them posted on an earlier thread on this forum. Both Volvos, the red one is a 1959 and the white a 1973. (need to see if I can resize this photo)

My husbands' latest one is a 66 Chevy Super Sport. The next photo was when it got to carry Miss Merry Christmas in the Christmas parade.

The next photo is for you... a yellow Mustang. Owner unknown. With a red Camaro behind it in a local car show and my husbands' Chevy was the third one back so I saved that photo.

Will try to post more in a day or two and thanks to your daughter for taking those photos and to you for taking the time to post them. Most enjoyable. Kristi

This message was edited Feb 5, 2013 10:49 PM

Thumbnail by podster Thumbnail by podster Thumbnail by podster

just a larger copy of the Volvos (I hope)

Thumbnail by podster

And a couple more... trucks anyone?

Some still live here, some don't...

My brother, driving a cool old one in a parade.

Hoping others have some photos to share...

Thumbnail by podster

Love the black and red truck. Always wanted a big American Chevy or Ford pick up.

Are pickups common to find in Australia? Here in TX, most folks drive pickups every day ~ newer models of course.

None of the photos I posted is quite as cool as what you had and only one has been street rodded. That is the old black pickup. It looks original (1940) but has all the amenities of a new ride, a real sleeper.

Yeah i know i love that about America, no we have a few utes but not big ones like you's. Our utes are mainly Toyota Hilux like the one in the background of pic 3. Boring.
This 1st black car is awsome. pic 4 old 50 chicks.hehe!

The downside to the big pickups is if you get into the bigger towns, parking places are tight. Really designed for smaller vehicles.

Quote from breeindy :

pic 4 old 50 chicks.hehe!

Did you know them? Were they happy to have their pic taken? LOL

So tell me, are you shopping for a Mustang or Camaro for yourself?
What fun you would have!!! Kristi

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Pod, you are so right about tight parking spaces for big trucks. Especially at the hospitals. I cringe every time I have to park in a parking garage in the city. I usually try to make someone else drive or borrow a different vehicle. lol

Bree, great pics!! I used to own a 78 Ford pick up. Wished I still had it but it got totaled in a wreck one year. Now I just admire and drool over hot rods and other old vehicles. lol

Yes, a Houston hospital parking garage was exactly what I had in mind when I said that.
I survived it more than once but it was nervewracking to say the least.

Got any photos of your Ford pickup? I remember you mentioning it before.

It's the black truck in this pic. I was taking pics of birds out my window last week. lol. We are a big Ford family. lol

Thumbnail by pepper23

Cool ~ you still have it. Can it be repaired?

I don't have the 78 anymore. It got totaled almost 10 years ago. I just have the black truck which is a 96 and I've had it going on 7 years now. It's funny you mention repairs because it's currently in the shop to repair the hood. lol. It flew up on me a few weeks ago and messed up the hinges. I thought it had closed but apparently not. lol

I have a pic of my old 78 somewhere on the computer but can't find it right now.

look at this old Chevy El Camino ute. Ive never seen one but like it.

Thumbnail by breeindy

Cool... I've seen one here like that but not in the best condition. It's a 1959 if I'm not mistaken and I wonder where they found that tonneau cover for the bed. Thanks for sharing...

hotrods are on today again...its been a year since i posted them last lot of photos.

Christiana, TN(Zone 7a)

Thanks for all the pictures of Hot Rods. I love them and go to Car Shows when I can. My dream car is a '32 Ford Coupe.

thats ok. We have the hotrods every year in my town. Dont ask me what they are i just take pictures of those i like. hehe!

and this was my favourite...even know its not a hotrod, its HOT!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.