Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

FLOWER SEEDS

Staten Island, NY(Zone 6a)

I ORDERED SOME SEEDS AND WHEN THEY ARRIVED I GOT PELLETED SEEDS . I SOWED SOME AND I AM NOT SURE HOW TO STORE THE REST I DID NOT USE. CAN ANYONE ADVISE ME

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Info on pelleted seeds
"The pre-prepped pelleted seeds are only good for a single growing season at best!"

Calgary, AB(Zone 3b)

It really depends on the species of plant as to how long the seeds remain viable. Given that the seeds are pelleted, it sounds like they are likely annuals in which case they probably have good (multi-year) longevity.
Well, why don't I just ask - what are the seeds for?

THE SEEDS ARE VERBASCUM

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

Take your typing letters off the capital setting...

Ayrshire Scotland, United Kingdom

Is there no info on the seed packets, or even get in touch with the supplier's, it's difficult to know the best advice as things will depend on your zone, where and how you store the seeds and even ask, do you wish to do a later sewing of the same seeds like I do with carrots, peas ect so I dont have a glut of stuff needing picked / harvested all at the same time.
Can you say what type of seeds you have, some seeds are good for another year and others are best used the same year.
Good luck, Weenel.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3b)

Don't worry... Verbascum seeds are not short-lived. They'll be fine for years to come.

I gather they must be pelleting the seed just to make them larger and easier for beginners to handle?

(Zone 7a)

My Verbascum seeds came pelleted, as well. They do just fine. And, yes, it makes them much easier to handle.

Good luck with them! I love Verbascum.

My verbascum seeds in the pellets germinated well, I already transplanted them. I was really surprised at the end result. Thank you altagardener and kwanjin

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.