Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Dahlias: Dahlia and garden pictures to help with winter blues

Communities > Forums > Dahlias
bookmark
Forum: DahliasReplies: 5, Views: 131
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Steve_D
Massapequa Park, NY
(Zone 7a)

February 5, 2013
6:23 PM

Post #9409749

Hi All,

Here are some pictures I took at the ADS National show in Portland OR. Last September. This years show is in Grand Rapids MI. I will put some up each day for awhile. The exhibition had 8000+ show blooms and 92 arraingments. We then visited Swan Island Dahlias and the next day Ted and margaret's Hollyhill Dahlias.
Enjoy and remember spring is coming.
Steve

Thumbnail by Steve_D   Thumbnail by Steve_D   Thumbnail by Steve_D   Thumbnail by Steve_D   Thumbnail by Steve_D
Click an image for an enlarged view.

pirl
(Arlene) Southold, NY
(Zone 7a)

February 5, 2013
7:02 PM

Post #9409789

Wonderful. Love the waterlily arrangements!
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

February 14, 2013
11:18 AM

Post #9419004

I couldn't resist adding this picture. I was going through pictures from last year, catching up on attaching names and such. It just struck me as a summer thing -- not sunshine but an absolute gully washer downpour. I went out and took lots of pictures all over the yard just for the affect of it all being wet, bright and shiny.

Okay I got carried away. Just looks so wonderful as I look out at the greyness and snow.

Thumbnail by Oberon46   Thumbnail by Oberon46   Thumbnail by Oberon46   Thumbnail by Oberon46   Thumbnail by Oberon46
Click an image for an enlarged view.

Steve_D
Massapequa Park, NY
(Zone 7a)

February 15, 2013
5:34 PM

Post #9420341

Beautiful garden! THANKS. Do you know my friend Jeff Lowenfells on the radio in Anchorage?
Steve
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

February 17, 2013
7:00 AM

Post #9421696

Beautiful! I really love the wet photos with the rain.

Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

February 17, 2013
8:52 AM

Post #9421810

I pulled out my seed box and have listed all my seeds to plant for 2013 along with their germination times. Now need to add special initial treatment of the seeds. Am going to get begonia bulbs (they just arrived) and get them planted in the dining room. They take forever to grow if I want flowers before Sept. (finally learned) A good habit to go and chat up the greenhouse guys. :)

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Dahlias Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Dahliettas, gallery dahlias, jackpot dahlias Lenjo 12 Mar 7, 2013 6:27 PM
Dahlias and black walnut hart 17 May 16, 2008 10:37 PM
Will the real Edinburgh please stand up? mvespa 19 Apr 17, 2007 8:44 AM
NO H20 - Candy says "Hi!" Please say Hi back Poochella 11 Oct 12, 2009 12:13 AM
Do ya really really have to dig them? WayehMalamutes 18 Apr 14, 2008 6:30 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America