Photo by Melody

Home Repairs and Maintenance: Air in water at kitchen sink faucet.

Communities > Forums > Home Repairs and Maintenance
bookmark
Forum: Home Repairs and MaintenanceReplies: 3, Views: 63
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
RESORT2ME
BATTLEBORO, NC

February 5, 2013
9:18 PM

Post #9409856

Have a ssslllooowww drip from double wide fridge Thru-Door water outlet. Salesman at Lowe's claims this happens if air is getting into the water line.

So far I find no leak anywhere. The water at kitchen sink is getting a LOT of air spitting out with each use.

I haven't looked yet as the weather has been bad. But I think there may be air coming in at the water meter. If so, there ought to be a water leak and wet ground around the meter box. I see no water running at all, anywhere.
I would think if air gets into the line when drawing water, there would be water leaking out at all other times. The water comes from city water line.

Any ideas?
1_Lucky_Texan
Arlington, TX
(Zone 8a)

February 5, 2013
9:50 PM

Post #9409867

any construction going on in your neighborhood?

do any neighbors have a similar problem?
JCalhoun
Saraland, AL
(Zone 8b)

March 23, 2013
3:53 PM

Post #9459396

The water service coming from the main to the meter and to the house is pressurized. There won't be a vacuum to pull air into the lines.

Normally air get introduced into the plumbing from either a repair or addition where the lines are cut and put back together. Let the water faucets run wide open for about 10 to 15 minutes to clear out the air. If it keep coming back it might be coming from the water main and you'll to inform the water works.
luicyfleming
Ridgefield
United States

September 19, 2013
12:23 AM

Post #9663699

Keep the tap open of kitchen sink for half an hr. Most of the time air pressure generates at the sink pipes due to multiple times usage. For more info check out this: http://www.thertastore.com/Kitchen_Sinks_s/6061.htm

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Home Repairs and Maintenance Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to Home Repairs & Maintenance Terry 19 Dec 7, 2014 11:16 AM
hiring help roxroe 16 Mar 27, 2007 9:04 AM
I hated trimming the grass along the fence jleec 15 Jun 6, 2011 6:47 AM
Hi! I'm new but have 2 questions Illoquin 7 Apr 5, 2007 6:48 PM
Eeek... mice! dreamingofeden 10 Mar 15, 2009 10:50 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America