Darlyn Wilkinson is the owner/hybridizer and she offers some very special Japanese irises that are mesmerizing. The best part about her plants is that they perform from the very first year, blooming just two months from delivery date, and continue to bloom every year. The words dependable and reliable comes to mind.
I asked Darlyn if she had visiting hours and this was her reply:
We do open for garden visits, on Friday afternoons 1 to 5 PM. Usually the JI bloom about the 3rd week of June until the first week of July. After that, the daylilies start. But, one never knows how the season will be.
Here are just a few of her JI's:
1. Just look at these roots and the amount of fans! Staggering for those who have ordered elsewhere and received small pieces! That's Greywoods Royal Antics, received on 4/20/12.
2. Greywoods Royal Antics blooming here on 6/20/12.
3. Greywoods Dark Desire because it is so breathtaking! When the sun begins to set this flower is a photographer's dream.
4. Picture perfect is the only way to describe Greywoods Etcha Sketch. It is the perfect JI.
5. And this photo is twice as much pleasure, also Greywoods Etcha Sketch.
On these dreary winter days why not brighten up an hour and go look at the site? You're sure to find something you love.
Communication with Darlyn is superb and she is eager to please and make her customers happy. I've been ecstatic with all my purchases from Greywood Farms and I'd love to hear of your experiences with them since that "big JI company" doesn't hold a candle to Greywood Farms.
Arlene, I am really hoping that the jl's you sent survived the winter and do well. I planted them all over the garden in all different sorts of conditions to see what works best. Am also looking forward to seeing the astilbes. If so, I will most certainly visit Greywood Farms. I love iris but have gotten sort of tired of the same old Siberian. Have hopes for a few of my bearded that seem to survive. Just have to up the fertilizer or compost to give them food to bloom.
I just ordered 4 JI's from Greyswood. I've never visited their site but after reading this thread I was curious so I took a look. BAD MOVE. Of course I saw some irises I could not live without and now my bank account is less. Sigh.