Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Patent Information

Wrightstown, NJ(Zone 7a)

When you purchase an African Violet how can you tell if it is patented. In most tropicals they mark them PP..but I have noticed none of that marking on AV but I do see one that said AVSA #0000 or some other numbers. Is that just a registration number or does that mean it may not be propagated for sale? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

Hi,
I am not sure but I will be glad to post this on another site where they would know for sure (if you would like me to).

I know you are not supposed to reproduce the Optimaras and some others,but I know many African violets have been propagated from registered violets.
Lynn

Wrightstown, NJ(Zone 7a)

Lynn, I would appreciate that very much or if you tell me where to do it I will. I am a small certified nursery in NJ and sell and ship starter plants all over the USA. Mostly tropicals. I have always loved AV but have never been able to propagate them for some reason. I was going to begin to do it again just because it is a challenge and yet I do not want to invest in plants I can not reproduce and sell. I appreciate your help. JB

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.