Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

SUNRISE AND SUNSET #12

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

Here is a new thread for your pics....since I don't have any new ones, this pic is Moon rise just after sunset in Brisbane Australia

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1272629/

This message was edited Feb 7, 2013 10:29 AM

Thumbnail by themoonhowl
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Thanks Jean for the new thread. The photo taken from Brisbane Australia is very interesting! I understood your DH has recently visited Australia but left you home. So next time you go, would you consider bring me along? LOL

I would enjoy to, Kim. My DD and family are coming here for a month at the end of March, so will be at least a year before the next trip for me Down Under...or more if the fares keep going up...8-(

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Good morning guys! I've been busy this week. The kids were here on week-end and I had a wonderful time with Nicholas who got stuck on me the second he saw me!LOL We played a lot, went out and cleaned the MG's dry vines from the fence. He loved to see the black seeds coming out from the dry pods. I even made him sing a bit of the kids spring song "Here comes Spring!(Vine, vine primavara!)". This might be true because my snowdrops are popping up! I talked to Cici and told him that we'd better bring Nicholas alone over on week-ends so we won't have to see the jerk so often. I told Andreea and she was about to ask me the same for this week-end...so they're bringing Nicholas tomorrow and we'll drop him off on Monday morning. I had an article to finish until Tuesday, then I had to cook and bake, or do laundry.

Kim, weather has been warmer than usual and nice, but it's getting cold again tonight. It rained a lot last night, but I prefer that than snow. Shoot, it's snowing now, more like sleet!

Sherri, what wonderful sunset pics!

I have a few sunrise pics from a few days ago and also more pics with Nicholas :

https://picasaweb.google.com/104386080983966169167/20130204?authkey=Gv1sRgCLTb7cLcw_iODw#

Posting a few here too.Waving to all!

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti Thumbnail by adinamiti Thumbnail by adinamiti Thumbnail by adinamiti Thumbnail by adinamiti

And Nicholas, Andreea exercising on her Dad what she has learned on her trimming hair lessons and a snowdrop popping up in my garden.

Thumbnail by adinamiti Thumbnail by adinamiti Thumbnail by adinamiti Thumbnail by adinamiti Thumbnail by adinamiti

Jean, forgot yo tell you how wonderful your picture is and thanks for starting a new thread for us!
And welcome to BernieH! Great pics!

Adina

Townsville, Australia(Zone 11)

Thanks for inviting me over, Jean.

Thank you also to Adina for your welcome. Those sunrise photos are just beautiful. I never tire of seeing such beauty.

I've shared a twilight shot with you all today.

Thumbnail by bernieh

Thanks Adina....beautiful sunrises, and Nicholas is becoming quite the handsome fellow.

Hi Bernie, glad you joined us. Nice cloud color. By the way....Townsville is lovely. My daughter's MIL lives there and we had the opportunity to spend a day with her.

Townsville, Australia(Zone 11)

Very glad to be here, thanks Moonhowl.

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your flying visit to Townsville. I'm a bit partial, but I have to say it's a lovely little corner of the world.

I do agree. We have been fortunate to see a number of pretty places in QLD . And a bit of NSW and NT....and hopefully the opportunity to see more.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Pretty sun and moon shots, I got lost for awhile, but found you all again.

Adina, Nicholas is quite the happy little fella.

A picture of my husband watching the sunset while we were camping the beginning of this month...it just happened to be his 60th birthday...it was very cold and windy.

This message was edited Mar 14, 2013 3:54 PM

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed

Belated Happy Birthday to your DH...nice pic...love the reflection of light on the moss.

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Illumination - walking in the sun's radiance; very cool.

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

March 9th sunrise then 2 from 3-13 sunset.

Thumbnail by jmorth Thumbnail by jmorth Thumbnail by jmorth
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Beautiful photos J and Sherri. We've had some beautiful sunset lately. I've been so busy and didn't have time to take lot of pictures to share. Hi Jean, has spring arrive there in La. yet? Down here we're getting close. Waving hi to everyone.

Everyone is beginning to thaw...grin Cool Pics J.

Hi Kim...yeah...kicking and screaming and dragging its feet, but Spring is slowly but surely getting here.

Hi everyone! Great pics! Spring is here too and here are some sunrise pics.
Sherri, Happy Belated to your DH! Beautiful pics!
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti Thumbnail by adinamiti Thumbnail by adinamiti

J and Adina what beautiful sunrise/set shots, the skies so full of swirls and color.

Thanks for the bday wishes for the hubs, I'll let him know. He'll probably say he hopes I didn't give away his age, so we'll just keep that between us...got to keep him happy. ☺

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Great pics. Adina and J. Look at those pics.! They share the same common coloration, very nice. Jean, in our regions Spring is timidly showing its beauty. We're experiencing--hopefully the last cold-front currently. Temp. is in the mid 30'ish F. ouch! Although I've seen some 70'ish last few weeks. No sun rise/set pic. from me yet. Just drop in to say hi and wishing everyone Happy Spring.

Sherri, lol with you about the hubs. Happy belated BD's and wishing him many more.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

Hi Kim. Same thing here...gorgeous weekend with low 70 temps and then rain and barely out of the 50's Monday. Things started to leaf out a couple weeks ago...just in time for that sudden drop to 28...shocked the leaves right off some stuff....I personally have had more than enough of the cold.

Good to see everyone wandering back in again.

Kim, aaahhhh, tulips and hyacinths! Ours are just popping out now!
Jean, same weather here. Yesterday were 60F and today it dropped down to 50F. Rainstorm outside as we speak. Bad weather iwll continue and temps are going to drop more until Sunday when we might have snow..grrrrr! I have a sunrise, but it's on the camera, have to upload it in the laptop.

Adina

I have been a bit miffed at Puxatawney Phil, the famous predictor of Spring....who is actually a slightly overweight ground hog.....Big Hoopla...no shadow...early spring...yea!!

Even my plants were fooled Jap magnolias all budded and bloomed, daffs popped up Brugmansias in the ground started sprouting along with every thing else...bam! dropped down to 28 and everything shrieked....any way, the garden and I are starting again. Happy Spring....ummm Happy when ya get here Spring Grin

Moon

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Hah! Jean, I think Puxatawney Phil fell down on his job this year. lol Many saucer magnolias around our neighborhood have been affected due in part because Phil said "Spring is early this year", then mother nature brought the cold front back to prove him wrong, lol. Luckily, ours was fine being near the water... Adina, the small flowerbed in the front yard is one of my spring time's delight. I worked on making/replanting the bed every Fall, and rip the reward this time of year with all those blossoms.
Keep those pics. coming everyone. I may not have time to post pics. but I do visit our thread often.

I watched the news blurb and it looked like they swooped him up the instant he emerged, declared it Spring and left Phil blinking in their wake.....so maybe we should vent op frustration toward the TopHats....grin

It is even cold way down here in Florida this week. Poor vacationers on the beach in jackets. Well some are brave enough to get in the water. Crazy people.☺

I briefly saw the moon up there last night while out bringing my orchids in once again.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Cold in windy here too....too cloudy to see the moon. :((

Hi all! It's been awhile since I posted here. How have you all been? I've been gardening a lot, Easter cleaning...BTW, today it's our Easter, lots of goodies are waiting for me back home...yes, I'm at the office today, yuck! I also have a new doggie who came on our field, pregnant and gave birth in one of my dog houses. Poor puppies died all of them, but I took the Mom inside my yard. Gave her a name, Minnie and she is feeling better everyday. She was scared at first, but not anymore. Especially since Nicholas came over with his Mom and Dad. They came over for Easter last Thursday and will be here until Tuesday.
Posting some pics with the sunrises I saw lately and with Minnie.

Adina

Foggy sunrise and finally Minnie who's digging through my garden...not funny! She likes this place under the thujas, but also near the lilies.

Hi Adina, Happy Easter.

Great color on the sunrises. Minnie has such a sweet face....bet she'll make a nice addition to the pack. sad about the babies, but you couldn't have kept them all....and Minnie has gained a new home. I am sure Nicholas will make her one of the family rather quickly...GRIN

PERTH, Australia

Hi Adina and everyone. Happy Easter, Adina. Beautiful sunrises. How kind you are to adopt yet another dog. She looks so beautiful. Poor little darling, she knew which house to go to.

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Nice shots, and cool dog. I've a Husky.
Couple of days ago.

Thumbnail by jmorth Thumbnail by jmorth Thumbnail by jmorth

Wow, yours are gorgeous! We want to see the Husky! Cool rainbow. I have one from a few weeks ago.
Thanks, Jean and Margaret! Easter went well, we had fun and ate well, lots of goodies. Everyone helped and we had a great time. We are all so happy about our new doggie...except for the other doggies!LOL Although she doesn't seem to have more than 1 year old.

Adina

Hi Margaret. How are things in Perth? Has it gotten cooler yet?

Great pics J...nice color...and I love "sunbeams" in the clouds.

Stormy sky Adina...nice. The other dogs aren't sure they want a new housemate? Poor Minnie, she must have been on her own for a while....or her owners dumped her because she was gonna have puppies....either way, I am sure she will have a much better life with you and Nicholas.

PERTH, Australia

Hi Moon, yes, a bit cooler, but still T-shirt weather. We had a bucketful of rain overnight, which is wonderful. We've had the warmest April on record, following the hottest summer on record. I'm thinking of moving to Antarctica.

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Adina, here's Polaris -

Thumbnail by jmorth Thumbnail by jmorth

J, he's gorgeous! Love his name!Thanks for the pics.
Jane, we got Minnie inside our yard so the other doggies won't attack her. She's going to stay here now.
Hei Margaret ! I'm so happy it's getting cooler for you, but happy it's getting warmer here!LOL
Here's Minnie.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Bravo on the rain Margaret. Seems like things have been on the dry side in parts of NSW...a friend in Merino gets excited every time she sees a dark cloud...but only gets a mm or two. I understand the mosquitoes in Antarctica are the size of birds and number in the millions...year round...may wanna rethink that....grin

J, Polaris is just beautiful...such a sweet face.

Adina....Minnie looks like she is making herself right at home.

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

Can I squeeze one in here? They call my area of Mi. the sunrise side.
Root

Thumbnail by rootdoctor

What a fine picture, Rootdoctor....such a lovely expanse...see why you are the Sunrise Side of MI....great color

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

Thanks,the lake should get the credit. My friend took this one at the harbor.

Thumbnail by rootdoctor

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.