AuthorContent

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

February 7, 2013
8:26 AM

Post #9411087

Here is a new thread for your pics...since I don't have any new ones, this pic is Moon rise just after sunset in Brisbane Australia

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1272629/

This message was edited Feb 7, 2013 10:29 AM

Thumbnail by themoonhowl
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 7, 2013
8:49 AM

Post #9411099

Thanks Jean for the new thread. The photo taken from Brisbane Australia is very interesting! I understood your DH has recently visited Australia but left you home. So next time you go, would you consider bring me along? LOL

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

February 7, 2013
9:09 AM

Post #9411122

I would enjoy to, Kim. My DD and family are coming here for a month at the end of March, so will be at least a year before the next trip for me Down Under...or more if the fares keep going up...8-(

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 8, 2013
3:38 AM

Post #9411784

Good morning guys! I've been busy this week. The kids were here on week-end and I had a wonderful time with Nicholas who got stuck on me the second he saw me!LOL We played a lot, went out and cleaned the MG's dry vines from the fence. He loved to see the black seeds coming out from the dry pods. I even made him sing a bit of the kids spring song "Here comes Spring!(Vine, vine primavara!)". This might be true because my snowdrops are popping up! I talked to Cici and told him that we'd better bring Nicholas alone over on week-ends so we won't have to see the jerk so often. I told Andreea and she was about to ask me the same for this week-end...so they're bringing Nicholas tomorrow and we'll drop him off on Monday morning. I had an article to finish until Tuesday, then I had to cook and bake, or do laundry.

Kim, weather has been warmer than usual and nice, but it's getting cold again tonight. It rained a lot last night, but I prefer that than snow. Shoot, it's snowing now, more like sleet!

Sherri, what wonderful sunset pics!

I have a few sunrise pics from a few days ago and also more pics with Nicholas :

[HYPERLINK@picasaweb.google.com]

Posting a few here too.Waving to all!

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti
Click an image for an enlarged view.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 8, 2013
3:41 AM

Post #9411785

And Nicholas, Andreea exercising on her Dad what she has learned on her trimming hair lessons and a snowdrop popping up in my garden.

Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 9, 2013
9:01 AM

Post #9413039

Jean, forgot yo tell you how wonderful your picture is and thanks for starting a new thread for us!
And welcome to BernieH! Great pics!

Adina
bernieh
Townsville
Australia
(Zone 11)

February 9, 2013
1:40 PM

Post #9413330

Thanks for inviting me over, Jean.

Thank you also to Adina for your welcome. Those sunrise photos are just beautiful. I never tire of seeing such beauty.

I've shared a twilight shot with you all today.

Thumbnail by bernieh

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

February 9, 2013
2:17 PM

Post #9413370

Thanks Adina...beautiful sunrises, and Nicholas is becoming quite the handsome fellow.

Hi Bernie, glad you joined us. Nice cloud color. By the way...Townsville is lovely. My daughter's MIL lives there and we had the opportunity to spend a day with her.
bernieh
Townsville
Australia
(Zone 11)

February 9, 2013
4:21 PM

Post #9413472

Very glad to be here, thanks Moonhowl.

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your flying visit to Townsville. I'm a bit partial, but I have to say it's a lovely little corner of the world.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

February 10, 2013
6:57 AM

Post #9414025

I do agree. We have been fortunate to see a number of pretty places in QLD . And a bit of NSW and NT...and hopefully the opportunity to see more.

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 14, 2013
1:53 PM

Post #9449339

Pretty sun and moon shots, I got lost for awhile, but found you all again.

Adina, Nicholas is quite the happy little fella.

A picture of my husband watching the sunset while we were camping the beginning of this month...it just happened to be his 60th birthday...it was very cold and windy.

This message was edited Mar 14, 2013 3:54 PM

Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed         

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

March 14, 2013
2:17 PM

Post #9449384

Belated Happy Birthday to your DH...nice pic...love the reflection of light on the moss.
jmorth
Divernon, IL
(Zone 5b)

March 15, 2013
6:30 PM

Post #9450819

Illumination - walking in the sun's radiance; very cool.
jmorth
Divernon, IL
(Zone 5b)

March 15, 2013
6:49 PM

Post #9450830

March 9th sunrise then 2 from 3-13 sunset.

Thumbnail by jmorth   Thumbnail by jmorth   Thumbnail by jmorth      

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 15, 2013
7:02 PM

Post #9450842

Beautiful photos J and Sherri. We've had some beautiful sunset lately. I've been so busy and didn't have time to take lot of pictures to share. Hi Jean, has spring arrive there in La. yet? Down here we're getting close. Waving hi to everyone.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

March 16, 2013
6:34 AM

Post #9451089

Everyone is beginning to thaw...grin Cool Pics J.

Hi Kim...yeah...kicking and screaming and dragging its feet, but Spring is slowly but surely getting here.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

March 18, 2013
2:53 AM

Post #9453119

Hi everyone! Great pics! Spring is here too and here are some sunrise pics.
Sherri, Happy Belated to your DH! Beautiful pics!
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti      

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 21, 2013
7:44 AM

Post #9456849

J and Adina what beautiful sunrise/set shots, the skies so full of swirls and color.

Thanks for the bday wishes for the hubs, I'll let him know. He'll probably say he hopes I didn't give away his age, so we'll just keep that between us...got to keep him happy. ☺

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 21, 2013
9:25 AM

Post #9456970

Great pics. Adina and J. Look at those pics.! They share the same common coloration, very nice. Jean, in our regions Spring is timidly showing its beauty. We're experiencing--hopefully the last cold-front currently. Temp. is in the mid 30'ish F. ouch! Although I've seen some 70'ish last few weeks. No sun rise/set pic. from me yet. Just drop in to say hi and wishing everyone Happy Spring.

Sherri, lol with you about the hubs. Happy belated BD's and wishing him many more.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

March 21, 2013
10:03 AM

Post #9457004

Hi Kim. Same thing here...gorgeous weekend with low 70 temps and then rain and barely out of the 50's Monday. Things started to leaf out a couple weeks ago...just in time for that sudden drop to 28...shocked the leaves right off some stuff...I personally have had more than enough of the cold.

Good to see everyone wandering back in again.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

March 21, 2013
1:33 PM

Post #9457238

Kim, aaahhhh, tulips and hyacinths! Ours are just popping out now!
Jean, same weather here. Yesterday were 60F and today it dropped down to 50F. Rainstorm outside as we speak. Bad weather iwll continue and temps are going to drop more until Sunday when we might have snow..grrrrr! I have a sunrise, but it's on the camera, have to upload it in the laptop.

Adina

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

March 21, 2013
2:39 PM

Post #9457307

I have been a bit miffed at Puxatawney Phil, the famous predictor of Spring...who is actually a slightly overweight ground hog...Big Hoopla...no shadow...early spring...yea!!

Even my plants were fooled Jap magnolias all budded and bloomed, daffs popped up Brugmansias in the ground started sprouting along with every thing else...bam! dropped down to 28 and everything shrieked...any way, the garden and I are starting again. Happy Spring...ummm Happy when ya get here Spring Grin

Moon

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 22, 2013
5:43 AM

Post #9457870

Hah! Jean, I think Puxatawney Phil fell down on his job this year. lol Many saucer magnolias around our neighborhood have been affected due in part because Phil said "Spring is early this year", then mother nature brought the cold front back to prove him wrong, lol. Luckily, ours was fine being near the water... Adina, the small flowerbed in the front yard is one of my spring time's delight. I worked on making/replanting the bed every Fall, and rip the reward this time of year with all those blossoms.
Keep those pics. coming everyone. I may not have time to post pics. but I do visit our thread often.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

March 22, 2013
6:08 AM

Post #9457900

I watched the news blurb and it looked like they swooped him up the instant he emerged, declared it Spring and left Phil blinking in their wake...so maybe we should vent op frustration toward the TopHats...grin

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 26, 2013
8:36 AM

Post #9462466

It is even cold way down here in Florida this week. Poor vacationers on the beach in jackets. Well some are brave enough to get in the water. Crazy people.☺

I briefly saw the moon up there last night while out bringing my orchids in once again.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 26, 2013
7:25 PM

Post #9463314

Cold in windy here too...too cloudy to see the moon. :((

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

May 5, 2013
5:57 AM

Post #9508745

Hi all! It's been awhile since I posted here. How have you all been? I've been gardening a lot, Easter cleaning...BTW, today it's our Easter, lots of goodies are waiting for me back home...yes, I'm at the office today, yuck! I also have a new doggie who came on our field, pregnant and gave birth in one of my dog houses. Poor puppies died all of them, but I took the Mom inside my yard. Gave her a name, Minnie and she is feeling better everyday. She was scared at first, but not anymore. Especially since Nicholas came over with his Mom and Dad. They came over for Easter last Thursday and will be here until Tuesday.
Posting some pics with the sunrises I saw lately and with Minnie.

Adina

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

May 5, 2013
5:59 AM

Post #9508746

Foggy sunrise and finally Minnie who's digging through my garden...not funny! She likes this place under the thujas, but also near the lilies.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

May 5, 2013
7:18 AM

Post #9508855

Hi Adina, Happy Easter.

Great color on the sunrises. Minnie has such a sweet face...bet she'll make a nice addition to the pack. sad about the babies, but you couldn't have kept them all...and Minnie has gained a new home. I am sure Nicholas will make her one of the family rather quickly...GRIN
MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

May 5, 2013
3:00 PM

Post #9509437

Hi Adina and everyone. Happy Easter, Adina. Beautiful sunrises. How kind you are to adopt yet another dog. She looks so beautiful. Poor little darling, she knew which house to go to.
jmorth
Divernon, IL
(Zone 5b)

May 6, 2013
8:12 PM

Post #9511261

Nice shots, and cool dog. I've a Husky.
Couple of days ago.

Thumbnail by jmorth   Thumbnail by jmorth   Thumbnail by jmorth      

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

May 7, 2013
2:30 AM

Post #9511410

Wow, yours are gorgeous! We want to see the Husky! Cool rainbow. I have one from a few weeks ago.
Thanks, Jean and Margaret! Easter went well, we had fun and ate well, lots of goodies. Everyone helped and we had a great time. We are all so happy about our new doggie...except for the other doggies!LOL Although she doesn't seem to have more than 1 year old.

Adina

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

May 7, 2013
6:14 AM

Post #9511584

Hi Margaret. How are things in Perth? Has it gotten cooler yet?

Great pics J...nice color...and I love "sunbeams" in the clouds.

Stormy sky Adina...nice. The other dogs aren't sure they want a new housemate? Poor Minnie, she must have been on her own for a while...or her owners dumped her because she was gonna have puppies...either way, I am sure she will have a much better life with you and Nicholas.
MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

May 7, 2013
7:35 PM

Post #9512564

Hi Moon, yes, a bit cooler, but still T-shirt weather. We had a bucketful of rain overnight, which is wonderful. We've had the warmest April on record, following the hottest summer on record. I'm thinking of moving to Antarctica.
jmorth
Divernon, IL
(Zone 5b)

May 7, 2013
7:58 PM

Post #9512582

Adina, here's Polaris -

Thumbnail by jmorth   Thumbnail by jmorth         

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

May 8, 2013
9:19 AM

Post #9513251

J, he's gorgeous! Love his name!Thanks for the pics.
Jane, we got Minnie inside our yard so the other doggies won't attack her. She's going to stay here now.
Hei Margaret ! I'm so happy it's getting cooler for you, but happy it's getting warmer here!LOL
Here's Minnie.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

May 8, 2013
10:25 AM

Post #9513321

Bravo on the rain Margaret. Seems like things have been on the dry side in parts of NSW...a friend in Merino gets excited every time she sees a dark cloud...but only gets a mm or two. I understand the mosquitoes in Antarctica are the size of birds and number in the millions...year round...may wanna rethink that...grin

J, Polaris is just beautiful...such a sweet face.

Adina...Minnie looks like she is making herself right at home.

rootdoctor

rootdoctor
Harrisville, MI
(Zone 5b)

May 13, 2013
3:26 PM

Post #9519360

Can I squeeze one in here? They call my area of Mi. the sunrise side.
Root

Thumbnail by rootdoctor

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

May 13, 2013
4:03 PM

Post #9519392

What a fine picture, Rootdoctor...such a lovely expanse...see why you are the Sunrise Side of MI...great color

rootdoctor

rootdoctor
Harrisville, MI
(Zone 5b)

May 13, 2013
4:07 PM

Post #9519397

Thanks,the lake should get the credit. My friend took this one at the harbor.

Thumbnail by rootdoctor

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

May 13, 2013
4:09 PM

Post #9519399

Truly a beautiful area...hard to not get a beautiful pic there.

rootdoctor

rootdoctor
Harrisville, MI
(Zone 5b)

May 13, 2013
4:17 PM

Post #9519403

It is good to be home,I'm looking forward to our 2 weeks of summer...lol.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

May 13, 2013
4:20 PM

Post #9519406

Do you think they will get there soon? Grin
MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

May 13, 2013
4:28 PM

Post #9519415

Welcome, rootdoctor. Fantastic images. I look forward to seeing more.

rootdoctor

rootdoctor
Harrisville, MI
(Zone 5b)

May 13, 2013
4:50 PM

Post #9519433

Thanks,it was 70 degrees 2 days ago,snow yesterday,maybe summer has already been here.;0)

rootdoctor

rootdoctor
Harrisville, MI
(Zone 5b)

May 13, 2013
4:53 PM

Post #9519435

We also get a few sunsets.

Thumbnail by rootdoctor

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

May 14, 2013
4:55 AM

Post #9519865

rootdoctor welcome and some very nice sunset shots, really like the second one.

You all are killing me with your pup pictures, I keep going back and forth on should I get another dog or not. I sure miss my dog, she was with us 13 years until three years ago last fall.

I don't have any sunsets to share at this time, but stopped in and enjoyed all of your shots...and the rainbows are nice too.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

May 14, 2013
6:04 AM

Post #9519955

Hi sunkissed...hard isn't it? My sweet Springer Spaniel Chester crossed the Bridge a little over 2 years ago at the age of 10, now Sophie, the beagle who is 12 has been diagnosed with a thyroid tumor and congestive heart disease...every time we lose a beloved pet, we say no more...but this time, I think I truly mean it...too hard saying goodbye to them.

rootdoctor

rootdoctor
Harrisville, MI
(Zone 5b)

May 14, 2013
8:12 AM

Post #9520117

We do have rainbows also.
I gave up on pets years ago,after having one poisoned,my plants are my babies now.

Thumbnail by rootdoctor

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

May 14, 2013
8:31 AM

Post #9520135

So neat to see the full arc...

This is the last go with having dogs...but I reckon we will always have a cat or two...right now we have Max 17, Mea 16 and Bob 8...I don't think I can imagine life with no pets at all.

rootdoctor

rootdoctor
Harrisville, MI
(Zone 5b)

May 14, 2013
7:13 PM

Post #9520896

I'm sorry I said anything,,back to happy thoughts
It was cool by the lake this morning.

Thumbnail by rootdoctor

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

May 15, 2013
7:31 AM

Post #9521328

Not a problem RootDoctor...just a part of the day to day...grin

Lovely pic...do you think you'll get a few consecutive summer days or will they be interspersed with winter until August? Here we have two seasons...hot and not hot...and until this year, not hot was a very short season...grin

rootdoctor

rootdoctor
Harrisville, MI
(Zone 5b)

May 15, 2013
7:27 PM

Post #9522139

It's a guessin game here,I've lived in KC,La. an Al. I'll take Aug here any day.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

May 16, 2013
6:47 AM

Post #9522536

I wouldn't squabble over your summers...but MAN...I'll keep my winters...grin

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

May 16, 2013
8:45 AM

Post #9522650

Welcome, rootdoctor! Great shots! Is that snow?
Sherri, I think you should get another doggie, even if it's so hard when they are gone.
Jean, I'm so sorry for your Sophie! Are you treating her? Sending big hugs for her.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

May 16, 2013
9:25 AM

Post #9522695

Hi Adina

Thanks...we are treating for the heart problem and she is taking a thyroid supplement and steroid to see if that helps the situation. At this point, since Sophie is 12 and has heart problems there is little more we can do...we talked with an oncologist...he was not very encouraging as says she is not candidate for surgery given age and heart...and frankly was 50-50 on radiation/chemo...at this point, given the prognosis, her age and health, not to mention the enormous expense of a "maybe" fix and the quality of life with radiation/chemo ( she is in her 80's in human years) we are doing palliative care for her.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

May 17, 2013
2:44 AM

Post #9523517

Poor girl! Must be so hard for her, but also for you to see her like this. You are doing the right thing for her.
On a positive note, since we've been talking about getting a new dog, I have a good news : we're getting a new dog, and I mean A DOG!!!!! Remember our neighbor's giant dog Fira, the Romanian Shepherd whom I have been dogsitting when they were on vacation? Well, miss Fira has puppies, and hang on, they are 12!!!!!! She gave birth 2 days ago and all are feeling well, mother and puppies. We still don't know how many girls and how many boys because Viorel, our neighbor is exausted after not sleeping while watching Fira giving birth and now watching her eat, do her business...his parents are here to help, but Fira doesn't want anyone near except him. She even bit his Mom pretty badly from the hand, before giving birth and now the poor woman is afraid to get close to Fira again. Yesterday when Fira was out in the yard Viorel's Mom took a puppy to enjoy a bit. When Fira came back in, she went straight to her...lucky Viorel yelled at his Mom to close the door to her room and stay in there...uh!
Therefore, Viorel asked me yesterday if I agree to submit myself to an "experiment", as he named it...meaning if I would want to go at his place and face Fira in the room where she's staying with the puppies...I think he thought I would say no, but how could I say no when I just love Fira and most of all, the 12 PUPPIES!!!!!!!!LOL Only I told him to let her calm down and relax a bit, get accustomed to her new job, as a Mom. In a few days, or maybe sooner, I would be happy to come and see if Fira would want to hurt me too or not.
The reason for which Viorel wants me to do his "experiment" is obvious, because his Mom can't take care of Fira anymore, at least for now, and he and his wife are going on vacation next month, so someone has to take care of the doggies. I'm confident that Fira won't get mad at me, but I won't know unless I try.
I can tell you how anxious I am to see the puppies, especially now that we're going to have one of them! Cici is so excited about this, he has been wanting a shepherd dog for a long time. Only I told him that I don't want to hear anything about not having money for the dog, even this might mean to make some sacrifice.
Meanwhile, Minnie is making herself at home. She has started to play with the ball and became more confident. She got used to the leash and collar and even walks when she has the leash on. I gave her treats every time I would put the collar on her and then when I took it off, so I kinda trained her a bit!LOL
I made a video with her running and playing and more pictures too , here :

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

May 17, 2013
5:54 AM

Post #9523633

Looks like Minnie is becoming quite at home...she is a pretty pup. Good that you can help with Fira...I would suggest a couple minutes with her away from the puppies so she can re-establish her connection with you...then she will want to show you her brood...grin

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

May 17, 2013
6:23 AM

Post #9523662

Jean, good advice! Thanks.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

May 17, 2013
6:33 AM

Post #9523672

Most welcome...just be careful...you know how testy new mothers can be...grin

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

May 18, 2013
12:32 AM

Post #9524551

Yes, and Fira acts like any of us when we first had our babies. She's allert when going out, stands still to listen...if she doesn't hear any noise from the pups, she goes to do her business. Made me remember how me and DH slept on the first night after I came home with Andreea from the hospital...it's hilarious now, but back then every noise she would make was a tragedy!LOL

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

May 18, 2013
7:17 AM

Post #9524769

How well I remember those days...grin.. DH and I kinda felt like baby sitters with our first one...kept waiting for the parents to show up, tell us we did a good job, and let us go home...LOL Fira sounds like a good Mama.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

May 21, 2013
3:28 AM

Post #9528041

LOL! Last news : the puppies need suplementary milk or they are crying. They can't get all to the teets.

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

May 24, 2013
11:09 AM

Post #9532568

Well Adina I'll think about the dog, but for now my cats keep me very good company. I think I'm with Jean, my plants are my babies now. ☺ And sorry about Sophie, poor old gal...just love on her.

I get to pet lots of doggies when doing my morning walk and if one ever showed up on my doorstep and needed a home, I'm sure I could oblige.

Rootdoctor nice rainbow and beautiful sunrise on the beach.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

May 24, 2013
6:26 PM

Post #9532956

Hello everyone, sorry for my extended absent. I'm now back and have a few pics. to share...As I was watching my very first Ric Rac's orchid cactus flower opens up this evening when the sun sets. Hope y'all enjoy the bloom along with me.

Thumbnail by Lily_love   Thumbnail by Lily_love   Thumbnail by Lily_love      

rootdoctor

rootdoctor
Harrisville, MI
(Zone 5b)

May 25, 2013
4:31 AM

Post #9533236

Thanks,beauty of a bloom you have there.
The moon last night.

Thumbnail by rootdoctor

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

May 25, 2013
6:46 AM

Post #9533338

LOL...lily I just saw your blooms on the tropical forum and asked how the new camera was coming along. Good to see you back, nice sunset, bet you're out on that dock every night watching it.

Wow, Rootdoctor, you need to put hat shot in the moon forum, really a beauty!

rootdoctor

rootdoctor
Harrisville, MI
(Zone 5b)

May 25, 2013
11:52 AM

Post #9533605

Thanks,haven't had alot of time to explore in here much,it's grown so big.
Hmmm Moon forum.

Thumbnail by rootdoctor

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

June 1, 2013
6:38 AM

Post #9541781

Watching the sunset from my garden

Thumbnail by sunkissed

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 1, 2013
8:07 AM

Post #9541896

Hi Sherri, good to see you posting. Where is everybody? Jean? Is she on vacation?

Thumbnail by Lily_love

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

June 1, 2013
2:11 PM

Post #9542233

I wish I was on vacation...pollen overload...I have a miserable sinus infection and ear infection...stagger around like a drunk sailor as it messes with my equilibrium...I am dizzy enough on the day to day without being sick...LOL

Great pics folks. The trees have all leafed out so I have to chase the sun to see it rise or set. and that isn't happening any time soon.

Good thoughts and big Howdy waves to you all.

Jean

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

June 3, 2013
10:40 AM

Post #9544603

Oh poor Jean, hope you get over all that crude soon. I'm sure sneezing a lot these days, all the honeysuckle, jasmine, gardenias blooming...but boy do they all smell so sweet. Hard to see the sunsets and rises in my garden also, way too many trees...For now I'll just enjoy Lily's dock...But promise I'll make up for it when we hit the beach.`

Sherri

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

June 3, 2013
11:44 AM

Post #9544675

Thanks Sherri. trying to get used to only seeing the sun overhead again. I'll join you on the dock...with lots of southern sweet tea and a big icy pitcher of margaritas...we can wait out the return of our sunsets...GRIN

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 3, 2013
11:50 AM

Post #9544688

Common down my friends, we've two guets' room upstair. Southern sweet tea and icy margaritas sound terrific. How about some barbeques to top all that off? I'm working on planting some vegetables so that helps complete our balance diet. lol
Jean, hope the pollen problem will subside soon. Sherri, please bring me some caterpillars when you do come.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

June 3, 2013
4:06 PM

Post #9545057

Hey Kim...thanks...I can bring a sack of crawfish too...

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 3, 2013
5:15 PM

Post #9545126

That does it! We've have got it goin' on. crawfish are welcomed. Thanks Jean.

This message was edited Jun 3, 2013 6:17 PM

Thumbnail by Lily_love

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

June 3, 2013
5:20 PM

Post #9545135

We will be sitting pretty on the dock of the bay...GRIN

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 3, 2013
6:34 PM

Post #9545229

Wishing you were here; the Ric Rac cactus flower opened this evening.

Thumbnail by Lily_love   Thumbnail by Lily_love   Thumbnail by Lily_love   Thumbnail by Lily_love   Thumbnail by Lily_love

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

June 4, 2013
9:21 AM

Post #9545958

Oh how nice Kim, and you got a sunset bloom. The first photo is really great. I've seen those Ric Rac cactus but never realized they had such a nice bloom...Shoot, would've bought one if I knew that.

You're really tempting me to come to the dock by the bay, Sunsets, margaritas and crawfish...it all sounds soooo great to me right now.
I have lots of cats eating my plants bare, so I'd bring them on up too and they can start on your plants. First time I've seen the monarchs actually eat the giant milkweed, last year they didn't touch it. I cut the tall lanky stalks off and shoved them into a pot of soil and all of them rooted and sprouted leaves right away. So a very good propagator.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 21, 2013
6:57 AM

Post #9567378

There isn't any Monarch here thus far. I'm so ready to see them. I keep looking for eggs, 'pillars on my milkweed daily, but so far no such luck.
1. Missed the sunrise this morning, but the tranquility after sunrise.
2. I went out and water the containers garden before the temp. heats up.
3 & 4 'Milk and wine' crinum blooming.
5. Tiger lilium about to unfurl.

Waving hi to all my friends.

Thumbnail by Lily_love   Thumbnail by Lily_love   Thumbnail by Lily_love   Thumbnail by Lily_love   Thumbnail by Lily_love

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

June 21, 2013
8:02 AM

Post #9567467

Beautiful pics Kim. Hope everyone is well. Love the crinums.

Moon
MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

June 21, 2013
2:26 PM

Post #9567842

Hello everyone. Kim, you live in a beautiful place.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 21, 2013
2:51 PM

Post #9567869

Awww, thanks Margaret. I'm ready to have you and Jean and Sherri over for a cook out. We're going to introduce you to some of our Southern cooking. :)
MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

June 21, 2013
3:55 PM

Post #9567916

Vegetarian? Marna's just sent me a recipe for a vegetarian burger which looks good.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 21, 2013
4:34 PM

Post #9567948

Okay, if you or Marna will send the recipe, I'd get the ingredients ready to grill. Marna is also invited.
MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

June 21, 2013
5:09 PM

Post #9567990

Brilliant! See you then.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 22, 2013
4:19 PM

Post #9568979

I know it's such a distance, it's difficult to get together. But I keep wishing. Hope to see you someday Margaret. Jean, these pics. are especially for you. Yesterday hubby and I took the boat out for a test drive; and I came close to see one of the neighboring home with this lovely landscaping with alot of Crinums. What took my breath away was their Blue bird house with a baby blue bird poking its beak out of the entrance. Look!

Thumbnail by Lily_love   Thumbnail by Lily_love         

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

June 22, 2013
9:29 PM

Post #9569367

Oh how sweet. I get to see the adults during migration every year, but very few of them stay in the area. My dark pink/rose crinums are just beginning to bloom...have to get a pic of them since I'm loath to get a sunrise or sunset picture...grin

Margaret, my hubby and I are both hoping to get to the Perth side of AU on one of our visits...the furthest west so far has been Uluru/Mt Conner and north to Daintree/Port Douglas..and of course south to Sydney. Since our daughter is in Brisbane we have seen quite a lot of Queensland. Looking forward to one day sharing a meal with you.
MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

June 22, 2013
10:10 PM

Post #9569401

Moon, that would be fantastic. I'd love to meet you.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

June 23, 2013
6:15 AM

Post #9569635

And I you, Margaret...maybe we can sneak Kim in the suitcase...GRIN

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 23, 2013
6:26 AM

Post #9569660

Haha, that's what I was thinking, the suitcase afair. lol

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

June 23, 2013
6:31 AM

Post #9569666

Wish I could offer better trip accommodations...GRIN One day my ship will come in and we will all go to visit Margaret...first class...LOL

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 23, 2013
6:37 AM

Post #9569678

I'll be patient and wait 'til the day ... :-)

Thumbnail by Lily_love

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 24, 2013
3:42 PM

Post #9571686

1. Sunset yesterday
2. Sunrise this morning
3. My desperate attempt to grow Crinum; in pot. I'm testing this large bulb. If I get blooms from this method, where I can provide full sun condition. I'll put more of them out next year.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

June 24, 2013
4:36 PM

Post #9571735

Kim...nice picks. In Fall of 2011 I had to dig up some Crinum asiaticums...I didn't know where I wanted to plant them, so stuck them (about 12-14 large bulbs) in a nurdery container that I poured about 3 inches of soil into...set the bulbs in and added maybe 4 inches of additional soil. I carefully tucked it behind the greenhouse in my makeshift holding area...uncovered space. Long story short...I forgot them. They have been there for almost 2 years...quite happy growing and a couple have bloomed...I think yours should do quite well in containers...oh, not roots escaped the pot...it was sitting on a couple cinder blocks...

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 24, 2013
4:51 PM

Post #9571768

I'll look up the mentioned asiaticums, I've a dark pink crinum called 'whatchumacallit' lol, its name sorta escaped me. Oh wait, wait, it's called 'Ellen Bouquet' I think. It bloomed for me in container before, then I found a spot with good enough sun light so it has been happy there for me. I've this tender crinum (I tried one out in the garden before, and frost killed it). So I've a big pot of it that I have to haul indoor every Fall.

Ready? Here is 'Queen Emma' I saw so many of these in Hawaii when I visited the Island 3 years ago. The 1st pic. is the flower bud; it's huge. Then when the inflorescent unfurled these pics. were taken middle of August last year.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

June 24, 2013
5:14 PM

Post #9571817

I love Queen Emma...she has the same flowers shape as C asiaticum...the stamen are a lovely magenta

Thumbnail by themoonhowl

MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

June 24, 2013
8:42 PM

Post #9572083

Nice shots, Kim and Moon. Kim, I know you've got a boat, but do you also have a kayak? Every time I look at the shots of the? lake ? bay at your doorstep I imagine myself kayaking to the far side.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 25, 2013
4:48 AM

Post #9572265

Thanks Margaret, we've a ski boat, and a fishing boat. But not a kayak. Neighbor has one, maybe I can borrow and try one.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

June 25, 2013
4:54 AM

Post #9572268

Give it a try, Kim. It really is wonderful. If your neighbour has a racing-type kayak (long and skinny), make sure you have lessons as they aren't very stable. The little sit-on-tops are slow but are very stable.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 25, 2013
5:46 AM

Post #9572311

I'll see about trying it, Margaret. I think the young man has the sit-on-top type. That's about my speed. :-)

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 1, 2013
5:58 PM

Post #9582535

Sunset this evening, hello everyone.

Thumbnail by Lily_love   Thumbnail by Lily_love   Thumbnail by Lily_love   Thumbnail by Lily_love   

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 1, 2013
6:00 PM

Post #9582538

Oh Jean, the Noid crinum that I put in a pot. It's forming bud! Flower bud.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

July 2, 2013
7:00 AM

Post #9583103

A nice big healthy bud at that...can't wait to see the blooms.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 2, 2013
7:24 AM

Post #9583144

Yah, I can't wait. I can see some red undertone. It's going to be colorful one. A nice surprise. My 'Ellen Bosequet' crinum that was transplanted to the backyard is also yielding an inflo. Though, it isn't as big and healthy looking as this NOID.

A glimpse of the misty sunrise this morning.

Thumbnail by Lily_love   Thumbnail by Lily_love         

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

July 2, 2013
7:35 AM

Post #9583173

Too Cool...reminds me of a song...Smoke on the water...grin

Looking forward to pics of the blooms.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 3, 2013
2:15 PM

Post #9585231

Hah, the song is one of hubby's fav. lol. Jean, you've got to look at this. This is one of the biggest crinum inflorescence I've ever seen! And have you got one that's dark red? This is gonna be that red
Look!
This may unfurl in the morning, stay tuned. Oh, got an idea. I'll nickname this crinum "freedom" since it's likely to open up on July 4th. What say you?

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

July 3, 2013
2:46 PM

Post #9585297

What a happy crinum. Looks kinda like my dark rose when she buds up.

Thumbnail by themoonhowl   Thumbnail by themoonhowl         

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 3, 2013
3:25 PM

Post #9585372

Wow, that resembling my 'Bosequet' crinum somewhat. Maybe tad darker. I'm excited about this new one.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

July 3, 2013
3:56 PM

Post #9585416

I have no idea who she is...A friend was cleaning up her grandmother's yard in prep for sale about 20 years ago. These had taken over an area by the door so they came home with me.

I like Freedom...can't wait to see the blooms.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 4, 2013
6:31 AM

Post #9586104

Here comes "Freedom". Though not fully unfurled, but it won't be long now. Happy Independence day to all.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

July 4, 2013
7:30 AM

Post #9586229

Gonna be a beauty, Kim

Long may she wave.

Thumbnail by themoonhowl

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 7, 2013
6:30 AM

Post #9589885

Good morning all. Hope the 4th's celebration was a good one for everyone? My neighbors decided to celebrate the 4-5 days weekend, so I can anticipate more fireworks again this evening.

There is not much of sunrise/set since we're inundated with rains, and more rain. Jean, the crinum waited until this morning to unfurl. Here she's!

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

July 7, 2013
6:46 AM

Post #9589904

Oh how pretty Kim. Such nice strong blooms. Oh, Is that a weeping willow in the background of the first pic? My Great Aunt India had one...when I was a kid it was the perfect playhouse...a green cave on a summer day.

Thanks for the pics and the memories...grin

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 7, 2013
7:07 AM

Post #9589920

Yes, weeping willow it's. Jean, we planted that a few years back. The 1st one we tried, hubby topped the main leader off and it died. We replaced the tree which was about 7-8 feet tall then. Ever since then, Jim was reluctant to even prune the branches. Willows do well by the water... I'm glad it brought back some nice memories of your Aunt India. Oh, I've a plumeria named India. When it blooms, I'll dmail you a pix.

Speaking of plumeria, here is a NOID pink in bloom (with the wisteria in the background).

Thumbnail by Lily_love

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

July 7, 2013
7:15 AM

Post #9589929

Beautiful Plumeria Kim. I have a friend that is making starts for me. I lost all three of mine to a power outage during one of our extremely rare snow falls/hard freezes back in 2010.

I look forward to the picture of your India. My Great Aunt is the one who instilled a love of gardening in me...

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 7, 2013
7:59 AM

Post #9589972

Your Great Aunt has given you a gift that keeps on giving! By far this year, my India hasn't made an inflo. yet. But, I'm pampering her and a few others hoping to rip the reward of blossoms. Yes, I can relate to the unpredictable weather we do get in our Southern regions. Cultivating tropical/semitropical (in our climate) is a challenge in and by itself!

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

July 7, 2013
8:02 AM

Post #9589978

Even with the difference in zones, our challenges can be very much alike. I can have things grow and thrive for years and suddenly lose them to weather extremes...such are the vagaries of gardening...grin

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

July 7, 2013
8:06 AM

Post #9589982

hello, all been away on Sanibel Island for a couple weeks so had to catch back up. The photos are all so wonderful and just so you know Kim, my overnight bag is always ready to go, probably just a long day's drive to your lake. :-)

I did get some nice sunset shots while on vacation and rainbows, it rained most evenings but they do make the best sky shots after a storm.

-Sherri

Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

July 7, 2013
8:21 AM

Post #9589998

Oh and I took these pic's of the Queen Emma lily on the Island, I sure would like one of these in my garden. Check out the pink plumeria tree, no freezes there, like here in Central FL. there were so many in so many colors. The last is a purple allamanda bush, just awesome, the pic not so great because it was so sunny. I also couldn't walk into the yards to get good photos, they'd probably throw mangoes at me for being a trespassing tourist. LOL.

Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

July 7, 2013
8:29 AM

Post #9590004

Great pics Sherri. Glad you had a good time. The large plumeria gives me grower's envy...grin. My DD lived in Queensland and has 3 or 4 huge Plumerias in her back yard...she actually calls them "a bit of a nuisance"...just blows my mind.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 7, 2013
8:38 AM

Post #9590012

Ah, Sanibel Island! That brings back nice memory for me as well. Jim and were there a few years back. Need to revisit the Island, such beautiful place! Sherri, one needs not to travel all the way to Hawaii to enjoy tropical paradise, we just need to go to Sanibel Island in Fl. lol

Oh just for a cookout by the water, come and see me. :) Love all those pics.

The day is once again over cast. Maybe sunshine will return another day.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 7, 2013
5:49 PM

Post #9590658

Sunshine returns just before sunset.

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

July 8, 2013
5:24 AM

Post #9591125

Nice, the first photos is really great, pink flower, pink sky.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 8, 2013
5:35 AM

Post #9591154

Thanks Sherri, there isn't much of a sunrise this morning. The sky is once again over cast;

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 10, 2013
6:11 AM

Post #9593817

After all the rain, sun shines once again. Sunrise this morning.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

July 10, 2013
2:55 PM

Post #9594421

Beautiful photos, Kim and Sunkissed. Kim, the outlook from your place is so beautiful. I think I'd set up house on the deck.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 10, 2013
2:58 PM

Post #9594423

Thank you Margaret, let's you and I build a house out there. :-)
MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

July 10, 2013
3:36 PM

Post #9594463

Ha ha. That would be some project.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 10, 2013
3:45 PM

Post #9594481

Grinning. That it would be! I'm going to have to shut my pc down. Some bad weather is heading our way...back later.

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

July 11, 2013
8:01 AM

Post #9595127

Wow Kim that is one great shot of the sun rise. Stay safe. Sunny and hot here.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 11, 2013
8:38 AM

Post #9595165

Hi Sherri, thanks goodness. The bad weather by passed us, just some turned over ornamental containers.
The sunrise isn't as spectacular this morning, and yes it returned to be hot and humid. However, the birds are back out, a tranquil morning.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

July 27, 2013
8:40 AM

Post #9613328

HI everyone! Sorry I've been MIA for so long. I was on vacation, besides working hard in the garden. We went to the beach this year, in Eforie Sud, a nice resort on the Black Sea coast of Romania.
We've never been to this resort before, but we knew it was a quiet little town, where mostly older people went for mud baths treatment. Nowadays the resort has grown, new buildings were built for receiving tourists and most of them are children in the camp or with families. We went there thanks to Petre, Andreea's DH who is working as a chef in a small restaurant. We decided quickly after he told us that one of the landlords who owned a small hotel near the restaurant had vacancy rooms. We are lucky to have any vacation paid by our institution, which means we were at the beach for free!
The weather was great, just the first day was cloudy, which was good for my skin, but the rest of the days were hot, with full sun. The sea had huge waves at the beginning, but then it calmed down. I played almost everyday with Nicholas in the sand and in the sea because Andreea couldn't stay too much in the sun and in the water, but I enjoyed every minute of it! Hurray! Our little man was afraid of the huge waves, but after the sea calmed down he was brave enough to enter all by himself in the sea.
The food was very good at the restaurant, all cooked by Petre.
This was our hotel called " Andreea". The view from the balcony. The sea and the beach.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

July 27, 2013
8:47 AM

Post #9613334

I couldn't loose any chance of seeing the sun rising from the sea, even if sometimes the pics were blurry!LOL

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

July 27, 2013
8:52 AM

Post #9613339

More sunrises and some with the sea.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 27, 2013
9:23 AM

Post #9613351

Welcome back Adina after being MIA for some time. Your Nicholas is absolutely adorable, and the vacation is most fabulous. It's great news about Andrea with her darling husband Petre. Well wishes are being sent to the young family.

Lovely, lovely sunrise/set. And many more.
Kim
MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

July 27, 2013
3:41 PM

Post #9613670

Hi Adina and hi Kim. That looks and sounds wonderful, Adina. So glad you had beautiful weather.

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

August 14, 2013
7:11 AM

Post #9630391

Adina what lovely vacation pictures, and pretty water at that beach, glad you enjoyed your vacation. I just got back from the beach also, it was pretty darn hot, the first week we had some nice afternoon showers, but second week hottest temps so far this summer, mid to upper 90's and NO Rain...I was actually glad to get back to my shady oak trees. ☺

Some of my sunrise and set pictures, with no clouds they are pretty boring...we are on the east side of FL so the sun rises over the ocean but when the sun sets on the west side of FL we get pretty pink skies.

Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed   

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

August 14, 2013
7:13 AM

Post #9630393

Oh and Nicholas sure is growing, happy fellow he is.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

August 15, 2013
12:13 AM

Post #9631113

Thanks guys!

Sheri, wonderful pictures! Love the pink skies! I'm also glad you had a great time, except the heat. We also have high temps here. Andreea is back at the beach now and she says it's too hot, almost unbearable...unless you stay inside the sea!LOL Nicholas has a great time and he's in the water all the time.
This is a link to an photo album from the beach, if you want to watch...some videos too :

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

January 16, 2014
2:52 PM

Post #9749394

Happy New Year's everyone! Are you still there?
MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

January 18, 2014
4:58 AM

Post #9750396

Happy New Year, Adina. Yes, still here but I'm not spending much time online. I hope everything goes well with you and your family. Nicholas must be 4 years old now.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

January 18, 2014
8:55 AM

Post #9750518

Margaret hey! I was just thinking about you after I heard of the very high temperatures in Australia. Is it that bad where you are living?
We're OK, the winter is very warm this year. Actually these days it's like spring!
Nicholas is almost 4...in May, but now we have the other Grandson, Andreas , who is now 3 months old. I was so busy, although they are not staying with us, but we've been visiting pretty often. They were here for the holidays. Here are some pics.
I hope you and everyone are well.

Adina

MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

January 18, 2014
1:49 PM

Post #9750705

Hi Adina, there's no mistaking that you've got a couple of boys there. How fascinating watching Nicholas grow.
We've had a couple of heat waves over in the west. Last week we had 44C and we're expecting 38 today and another run of heat during the coming week. 56 homes were destroyed by fire in the hills last weekend (I'm on the coast). Victoria, which is a couple of thousand km east of us has been having the worst of it, with temperature up to about 46. South Australia has also been copping it. Summer is not pleasant any more. I remember when we were kids a 30C day was considered hot. Now, 30C is "very pleasant".

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

January 19, 2014
6:41 AM

Post #9751089

Adina, the new little grandson is beautiful, congrats! How special to have two lovely grandsons.

Margaret, I hadn't heard about the fires, that is horrible. This is certainly one very strange weather year. It has been a warm winter here until these past three weeks and now making up for it. This morning a frosty 34F...we had many days in the mid 80's in December so the garden thought it was spring already.

-Sherri
MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

January 19, 2014
4:31 PM

Post #9751450

Sherri, weather events worldwide seem to be whacky. I saw on the news a couple of days ago that there are persistent fires in ? Los Angeles (California, anyway) that are now considered part of the natural environment. Scary, if that's the case.

When you get a warm early winter like that and the plants think it's spring and react accordingly, then when winter returns for real the plants have no way of protecting themselves.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

January 20, 2014
2:50 AM

Post #9751631

Thank you guys!
Maragaret, we have the same problem with the very high summer temps , altough yours seem higher.

Sherri, same strange weather here, feels like spring. Our trees are budding, the snowdrops and tulips are popping out...and they say it's going to freeze in a few days.

Adina

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 28, 2014
1:48 PM

Post #9757563

Weather is really strange! Artic blast is hitting us now, snow in Alabama! It's said to be in the teens over night.

Hi Sherri, Margaret, Adina. Adina, congrats on your second grand baby!

Thumbnail by Lily_love

MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

January 28, 2014
3:49 PM

Post #9757617

Hi Kim. Boy, that does look bleak.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 28, 2014
4:10 PM

Post #9757639

It's total chaotic on the roadways. Jim is stranded at work and so are many of his coworkers and others. We still have power so it okay. I hope I've put out enough seeds for the birds.

Margaret, we sure can use some of your summer's heat. lol

Thumbnail by Lily_love

MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

January 29, 2014
1:43 AM

Post #9757863

Poor Jim and his co-workers. I hope they have some creature comforts. Thank goodness there are people who feed the birds and other wildlife. Poor souls. Oh, Kim, you're most welcome to any heat you like.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

January 29, 2014
8:55 AM

Post #9758083

Hey, Kim! Thank you. Sorry for the bad weather and for Jim and his co-workers starnded at work.
Since my last post we had a blizzard (on week-end) and now we're having another one, more powerful.
We had difficulties getting out of our street at first, but then the plower came and cleared it. Now it's all drifted again, but I left the car at the end of the street so we can still go to work and we're walking to our house through the drifts. We just came home now and we're beat...we meaning me and my DH. It's still snowing and the blizzard gets more powerful every hour, so tomorrow we have the day off. They said the blizzard will still blow until tomorrow at noon...grrrr! We have drifts higher than the ones I just cleared yesterday so, by tomorrow we might be buried in snow again, like 2 years ago. We have power and heat, enough food, so we're good.
Posting a few pics with Minnie, our doggie, and the snow.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 29, 2014
9:00 AM

Post #9758086

Thanks Margaret for the 'warmth' offer. This winter storm could be as bad as one we had back in 1993, back then the snow quickly melted, not with this time because the unusual cold kept the snow from thawing, if anything they froze solid, it's almost noon and it's barely reaches 12F. degrees. Icy road made it dangerous for travelers!

In time of need, there is good news: The communities are pulling together and sent out help for people got caught off guard out there. Just heard from Jim, one of his coworker braved out the road roughly an hour ago. Only he returned because the road is still impassible.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

January 29, 2014
2:14 PM

Post #9758312

Hi Kim, long time no chat. I've been watching all that snow/ice up there, even closed schools in the panhandle of Florida...how about that? The lakefront does look brrrr cold. Do hope everyone gets to their homes safely, but better to stay put than get on dangerous roads. It is rainy cold here today too, yesterday I was working in the garden in shorts and it was 80 degrees, right now it is 45...and they say by Sat. back to 80.

Adina, Minnie sure seems to love that snow, love the pictures, sure is a lot of snow.

This message was edited Jan 29, 2014 5:17 PM

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

January 29, 2014
11:56 PM

Post #9758584

Sherri, what a strange weather even in Florida! Please sent some of the warmth over here!

Kim, what a good news for Jim and his colleagues! I hope the weather improves for you soon. Brrr, it's cold at your place!

The wind has calmed down, but it started to snow again. A plower came and cleared the road this morning. It's gorgeous outthere, but very cold. It's 19F right now and forecasted 0F tonight. The good news is that it'll start to warm up on Saturday.
Stay safe everyone!

Adina

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

May 16, 2014
7:12 AM

Post #9840206

I have some sunrise and sunset photos from the Florida Keys last couple of weeks...

Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed      

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

May 17, 2014
1:13 AM

Post #9841050

Sherri, what beautiful sunrises! I also have one from the other day. We didn't have much sun lately, it rained a lot.
How is everyone?

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti         

MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

May 17, 2014
1:32 AM

Post #9841052

Beautiful, sunkissed. The first shot looks like perfect osprey territory.

Lovely shots, Adina. Everything's good here, except we need rain.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

May 17, 2014
2:26 AM

Post #9841056

Margaret, hi! I'll be happy to send some rain over there!LOL We're having floods here, not at my place, but in some parts of our country. I've been weeding a lot and now they are all over the garden again! The plants are huge and the grass is growing like crazy!
Sending some photos from my garden.

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

May 17, 2014
4:29 AM

Post #9841093

Thank you Margaret and Adina, and Margaret the Osprey were catching fish there, so fun to watch them diving right in front of us. Hope you get some rain soon.

Adina your gardens are so beautiful, so are those grandchildren.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

May 17, 2014
7:10 PM

Post #9841800

Waving hi to all my friends. I am vacationing out in southwest.

MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

May 17, 2014
10:12 PM

Post #9841900

Adina, you garden looks beautiful. Glad to hear you're not affected by the floods.

Good grief, sunkissed, I really am turning into an osprey.

Hi Kim. Waving right back. Nice shots. Enjoy your holiday.

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

May 18, 2014
4:17 AM

Post #9841961

Hi Kim, good to see you again, enjoy that vacation. That last picture looks like a street I lived on in El Paso, TX. ☺

My spring garden this year.
-Sherri

Thumbnail by sunkissed

MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

May 18, 2014
6:14 AM

Post #9842031

Your garden is so pretty, sunkissed.

Adina, I just saw footage of the floods on the news. Horrendous. Dreadful for those directly affected, but I remain glad that you're safe.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

May 19, 2014
10:03 AM

Post #9843146

Thank you for your support, Margaret. Most horrendous floods are in Serbia, but we're scared the Danube will flood in Romania too. It has been raining so much, no wonder the rivers are flooding.
So far the rain has stopped, sun is up and temps are going up too. It's been a cold spring so far. My radishes and spinach are barely growing although I sowed them in March!!!!
Kim, have a wonderful vacation. The place looks so beautiful!
Sherri, your garden is gorgeous!Love it!

LoveForests

LoveForests
FU
United States
(Zone 9b)

June 1, 2014
7:54 PM

Post #9855868

Wow, Sunkissed, your plants are gorgeous!!

Adinamiti, hope things get better for you soon! Hope the rains slow way down for you.

Some sunset photos...

Photo1 ... Sunset clouds photographed in Florida.
Photo 2 ... Pine Tree at sunset, photographed near Elkins, West Virginia.
Photo 3 ... Sunset near the ocean, photographed in the northeast of the U.S.

Thumbnail by LoveForests   Thumbnail by LoveForests   Thumbnail by LoveForests      

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

June 2, 2014
12:39 AM

Post #9856081

LoveForests, great photos!

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

June 2, 2014
4:36 AM

Post #9856148

LoveForests those are very nice shots, I especially like the tree and dock silhouette photos.

Adina, hoping the rain has ceased a bit.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

June 3, 2014
3:15 AM

Post #9857209

Yes, Sherri, rains have ceased a bit. Here is a huge pond which appeared due to the heavy rains on the field near my house. Looks pretty though!

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

LoveForests

LoveForests
FU
United States
(Zone 9b)

June 3, 2014
12:27 PM

Post #9857725

Thank You so much Sunkissed & Adinamiti :]

That is a very beautiful photo of the pond of water Adinamiti. --- Send some of your rain-storms my way, so I don't have to water so often :]

Sunkissed, I stood on a metal Guard Rail on a side of a mountain to get that shot in West Virginia.
If you looked down, you would see the far cliff of the mountain. Good balance paid-off, or I woulda been rolling down a mountain side, LoL.

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

June 6, 2014
6:24 AM

Post #9860615

LoveForests, that is too funny, I can't tell you the amount of times I've been in some dangerous positions to get a photo shot. ☺

Adina, good to know the rains have ceased and yes the pond is pretty.

I can't see much of the sunsets/rises from my garden, way too many trees. I get most mine when at the beach.

Pretty clouds at sunset and a ring around the sun I took while laying in my hammock when we were on vacation. My son and my dog watching the sunset, I love this picture.

Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed      

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

June 6, 2014
11:41 AM

Post #9860867

Sherri, what beautiful photos! I also like the one with your son and the dog best, so sweet!
MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

June 7, 2014
5:10 AM

Post #9861321

Love your photos, LoveForest. Love the tag, too.

Sunkissed, we're the same with sunrises. There have been some spectacular ones, but we have so many trees (I'm not complaining) that we just get glimpses. And because we're in a valley, we don't really see the sunsets. I have to go down the beach to see the sunset.

Glad the rain has stopped in your part of the world, Adina. They sure were devastating floods. It takes many years for recovery to start showing in country areas.

Back from vacation yet, Kim? I hope you had a great time.

LoveForests

LoveForests
FU
United States
(Zone 9b)

June 7, 2014
12:22 PM

Post #9861680

Sunkissed, ... I love the 'ring around the sun' photo, and the photo of your Son & your dog is absolutely spectacular!!! Wow!

Sunkissed, ... Yes, us photogs take nutty risks to get either weird or gorgeous shots. Surprised we make it out it one piece, LoL. --- Well, sometimes a few ailments here & there, but so far in one piece :]

Thank You so much Margaret :]

Photo 1: Photographed in Florida.
Photo 2: Photographed in Florida from my back yard, after a storm.

Thumbnail by LoveForests   Thumbnail by LoveForests         

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 9, 2014
6:58 AM

Post #9863260

Hi everyone, Yes Margaret. I'm back from my vacation. It took me nearly a week to re-adjust to my time zone. Back to gardening and enjoy home life. LoveForests, welcome to our thread. Sherri your son's pic. with the dog ... the profile looks as if it could be our son's! Adina, if I didn't send my congratulations on your new grandson. I'm sending one. How beautiful the boys are.

Where is our friend Jeane?

Thumbnail by Lily_love

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

June 9, 2014
7:01 AM

Post #9863261

LoveForests, those are beautiful, I love storm clouds and photograph them often, one day I'd love to catch a good lightning strike.

Margaret, I do love my trees, especially these 95 degree days. Raking leaf time...not so much. ☺

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

June 9, 2014
7:03 AM

Post #9863265

Hi Kim, you posted while I was posting...good to have you back, vacations are nice, but I do always love getting back to my garden again.

LoveForests

LoveForests
FU
United States
(Zone 9b)

June 9, 2014
9:02 PM

Post #9864033

Sunkissed, ... I would go out late at night during Heat Lightning. --- Set up my tripod, set my camera's lens to infinity towards the storm cloud, set the aperture to about 6.5 and the shutter speed to 30 seconds, then hit the the shutter button and wait to see how many little lightning strikes I captured on that photo.
It works pretty good, all while getting bit & chased by mosquitos non stop, stepping on prickly burrs on my bare feet, and sweating like a hog, LoL.
I once went out late at night around 12:00am to photograph Heat Lightning while bare-footed.
I stepped on something sharp, I jumped about 3 feet in the air and screamed out loud because I thought a snake might of bit my foot. I only stepped on a prickly weed was all. Made a complete arse outta myself !

'Heat Lightning clouds' happen around here at night, maybe 3 to 5 times during the hot summer months.

I would take about 12 photos like that in one night, one after another, then take my camera, fall onto my couch from exhaustion & from sweating and look through the photos. I would maybe get about 2 to 3 ok shots from that outing, lol.

Photo # 1 ... A shroom-shaped cloud in Florida, lit-up by lightning at night.
Photo # 2 ... Clouds at night in Florida, with a lightning bolt.

Thumbnail by LoveForests   Thumbnail by LoveForests         

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

June 10, 2014
12:00 AM

Post #9864084

I was also wondering where is Jean.
Great photos, congratulations for catching the lightnings Loveforests! I also caugh a few some years ago while setting the camera to continuous pictures. I had to delete about 3000 pictures. Like your avatar too. Is it your cat?
Welcome back , Kim! Thank you. Your deck flowers are beautiful!
Margaret, I hope you can go to the beach more often to get those stunning pictures.
I have a picture of some funny clouds at sunset over the wheat field.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

LoveForests

LoveForests
FU
United States
(Zone 9b)

June 10, 2014
1:08 AM

Post #9864088

Adinamiti, ... Thank You for your compliments. -- My avatar is of my 13 year old cat who is a 'Maine Coon'. (He is loving and makes all the rules in the house).

Gorgeous photo over the Wheat Field :]

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

June 11, 2014
7:24 AM

Post #9865174

LovesForests, those are fantastic shots. I've only had this new camera since Dec. 2012 and still learning a lot. I'll have to try when we go to the beach in a couple weeks, hopefully there will be some storms out over the ocean, but I'll wear some flip flops ☺. Your cat looks quite content in that photo.

Adina I really like that scenery shot, the field has a such a nice glow to it under those clouds.

LoveForests

LoveForests
FU
United States
(Zone 9b)

June 12, 2014
1:32 PM

Post #9866354

Sunkissed, lol, yeah footwear advised at night time :]
The reason for the long exposure setting, like 30 second or 15 seconds, is so you get more chances of catching a lightning strike. Need to set aperture to about 6.5 - 7.0 if lens is set t0 18mm- 50mm, or aperture set to 4.5 to 6.0 for lens set to 55mm to 80mm. And it must be dark out, no sunlight, or your photos will turn out overly bright or over exposed. Must use sturdy tripod when using long exposures when it is dark out. Complicated yes, but I've been doing this for several years though. I'm not a good at explaining things either too, lol. Sorry about that :]

Sunkissed, oooo you get to go to the beach, lucky Woman you :] (I mean that in the nicest way).

My Maine Coon does loves his sleep time. I sold that image of him on a couple products.

Here is another lightning shot taken lastnight while I was sweating like a hog and smelling like bug spray... (it is kind of blurry, the clouds were moving too fast and I also need more practice at it) ...

Thumbnail by LoveForests

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

June 13, 2014
6:16 AM

Post #9866888

I'm going to print out your instructions, and appreciate the help. Hopefully I can get some great shots like yours.

I had a Maine Coon cat that lived quite a long time, her name was Whiskey and I got her when I was 14 years old, when living in Mass. She went across country with us to CA and then moved again across country in the back of a camper shell pick-up with a dog to FL. She was almost 20 when she finally died. But one heck of a great cat.

LoveForests

LoveForests
FU
United States
(Zone 9b)

June 14, 2014
12:16 PM

Post #9867809

Sunkissed... Oh my Goodness! Your Maine Coon lived to almost 20 years??!!!!!! Oh my Gosh, I hope mine will live that long, he is soo amazing and loving and a dork.
You sure did travel and move alot.

Awwe, Glad you think my photography info is good enough to print-out :]

If ya ever have questions just ask. But night time and lightning photography is really tough.
You rock and hope you are doing well, hugs.

LoveForests

LoveForests
FU
United States
(Zone 9b)

July 8, 2014
5:42 PM

Post #9889044

Geez, hope I didn't kill this thread.

Take good care every one.

Thumbnail by LoveForests   Thumbnail by LoveForests   Thumbnail by LoveForests      

MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

July 9, 2014
1:48 AM

Post #9889243

LOL LoveForests. No of course you didn't kill it. Sometimes it goes into dormancy for a while. Gorgeous shots you've posted.

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

July 9, 2014
5:39 AM

Post #9889310

Those are beautiful shots LoveForests, the last is a very nice silhouette.

Margaret is right this thread does go awhile without any post. I don't get sunrise/set photos unless I go on vacation. I do have some in my camera I'll download eventually.

I saw lots of lightning while at the beach but didn't capture it, since it was not heat, but real wicked stuff.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

July 9, 2014
1:52 PM

Post #9889647

Great shots, Loveforest! Is your name Christina? I have a sunset from a few days ago. I'm just busy gardening and getting ready for vacation.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti         

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

July 10, 2014
6:58 AM

Post #9890129

Pretty Adina, enjoy your vacation!!!

LoveForests

LoveForests
FU
United States
(Zone 9b)

July 10, 2014
3:11 PM

Post #9890437

Thank You so much to you all. I appreciate your comments.

Sunkissed, ... Yeah it is hard to capture lightning unless it is Heat Lightning at night (heat lightning is safer too).

Adina, lovely sunset sky shots :]
I hope very much you enjoy your vacation.

--Christina.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

July 27, 2014
1:56 PM

Post #9904236

Thank you guys! Just came back home and I have a few sunrises to show you.

Adina

MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

July 27, 2014
5:37 PM

Post #9904422

Beautiful, Adina. Where did you go?

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

July 28, 2014
1:47 PM

Post #9905082

Margaret, thank you. We went to Eforie Nord, a resort on the Black Sea coast, in Romania. Our son-in-law is working there for the summer, so we went there with the grandkids and my daughter.

MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

July 28, 2014
4:40 PM

Post #9905201

Popular place, Adina. The water looks amazing.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Photos Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the photo forum! dave 34 May 3, 2013 10:18 AM
My tractor and I, Part II dave 52 Sep 27, 2009 7:18 PM
Spring Spring! and my bowling ball! nicole_in_nc 6 Apr 21, 2010 3:35 PM
Riesentraube tomatoes dave 4 Feb 9, 2008 3:25 AM
It's a Bird...It's a Plane....It's Superdave! gardenwife 27 Nov 18, 2007 7:53 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America