Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

2013 Isolette quilts continuation

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

It seems I have been sick forever. I'm trying to play catch up. Nasty bronchial cough that just seems to linger on and on. I've totally lost count and we just turned in 5 that I didn't get to photograph so I have no idea what the count is at this point.
Starting with Number 1 through 4.

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Does this relate to another thread? I want to hear the story of isolette quilts and what you are doing. They are lovely. Hope you are now feeling better and able to share the story of your quilts. Are they going to a neonatal unit?

For back history on this thread you might enjoy starting with March 6, 2009

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/959683/

then continue here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1240142/

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

Thanks for posting these links Mittsy, I sure enjoyed reading them over again and seeing all the loverly isolette covers.

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

all wonderful, butttttt I love # 1 :)

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

It is fun to revisit them. I like number one as well. It gave me an idea for a DG friends quilt. Im wanting to use the swap charms, blocks etc, in one quilt, all together. I was going to take al the charms and make a big twister basket, but I also think cutting them and doing something like that quilt would be good too.

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Yes, thanks mittsy.

5. toys 2 wholecloth. 6. Space kids. 7. Dinosaurs. 8. Goldilocks 1 wholecloth. 9. 1234

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy

10. Green lovey. 11. panel. 12. pastel lovey.

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy
(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Lots of new pretties!

I agree, love the panel # 11 ♥♥♥

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Tomorrow nite my guild will be donating children's quilts to the Country Sheriff Dept. We make them all year then, every Feb, donate them to a local charity. Last year they had over 200 & filled the backs of 2 patrol cars. I have 4 to take.

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

That's wonderful Jean. They are so appreciated!!!!
Mittsy your girls are truly angels. What wonderful ladies you are able to surround yourself with....

One more, we call this one Teddy Charms. 15 machine embroidered teddy bears are scattered througout. Front, back, close ups of embroidery and serpentine quilting. Thank you to Blossom.

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy

Just so great. And who is Blossom?

Blossom joined us in the fall and has become a very productive new member. I will get her picture when she returns, she's currently sick with whatever it is that is going around.

Longboat Key, FL(Zone 9b)

checked in here as I need a pattern for a baby girl quilt.Manager here had GDD and he is my life saver here...Nothing fancy or intricate.

A treasure cove of patterns and ideas.

another one to add to the finished pile. Front and back. Third is a lap quilt to be donated to Rocket Quilter;s for their Community service outreach.

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Those are pretty quilts!

Very nice Mittsy!

A few more. Blossom is on the right showing her new Easter table runner. Christine is on the left, she is our very special ironner. Blossom's
granddaughters were visiting but camera shy. Also visiting was MaryEllen, Judy R's mom. She managed to make several quilts for us while here. We loved having her join us. Carol V. also joined us.

Baby Footprints. Front & Back of a new method for flannel reversibles. I was so thrilled that we emptied a lug of flannel , but wouldn't you know it, at dinner last night we received two bags of flannel. Enough to make 3 more quilts. Sheila dropped in briefly to drop off and pick up items as she was on her way to a longarm class in Orlando. When she met us at the library she was just bubbling over with new things she had learned and couldn't wait to try. She's holding a table runner that was on it's way to be backed and finished. Kathy fnished it last night at the library and into the lug it will go.

Great job everyone! Really love that Easter table runner!

Very very nice. beautiful work!!!!

Before Maryellen, Judy R's mom, left to go back , she and Judy made two more flannel quilts for the hospital babies. Judy leaves tomorrow so she dropprd them off and said goodbye. They are reversible so I have taken pictures of the fronts and backs. Flannel 1 front and back, flannel 2 front and back. Carol V brought back Mary B's finished 2" squares which Carol added borders to and layered andquilted . She also made the binding and sewed it on. So lovely all I have to do is photograph and deliver to the baby leader. What a team, I am truly blessed to have so many wonderful generous quilting friends.

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy

Flannel front and back, quilt 2. Mary Brodeur's 2" marvel. For some reason I am having trouble uploading pictures . So trying again.

Those are beautiful! Lots of work in the 2 inch blocks!

Wonderful work Mittsy. Please pass on our "attaboys" to them.

A couple of more, with some close ups.

I LOVE the zoo animals!!! a lil lamb!! those both turned out so cute.

Mittsy !!! thank you !! that close up reminded me..... I have some of that foot print fabric !! I can make something for Ryleigh with it, and maybe a little woobie for Malena's new baby doll !!!

zoo animals ARE adorable !! My big tough soldier boy...loved lambs when he was little...shhhh...don't let him know I told.... LOL

I do love the embroidery machine and have been trying to do more with embroidering on the isolette quilts and placemats. I have a Mickey that I'm working on now, just a basic 9 patch but has some Mickey fabric in the patches.

"A 100 years ago" (OK, I'm exaggerating,it was 40 years ago) I used to make custom vests for my boyfriend, he was a waiter at Farrell's Ice Cream Parlor. I remember doing a Mickey theme with BIG applique on the back, and really fun "circus" vest that I carefully centered this big picture fabric on. An elephant on the back, an acrobat on the front of one side etc. When he was done wearing them, his brother (a manager at Farrells in Seattle) took them there and sold them used. It was soooo much fun!! I need to find a way to get more creative and ENJOY my free time now.!

Mittsy, I have found a quilting guild about 30 miles away. Maybe I can finally get with a group of women in person and do some sewing! I love your projects, they are always beautiful and fun.

Go for it Pat..................... having a group can lead to much inspiration & new friends who share your interests.

Since I turned 70, I have found I really love the interaction with the younger members that are in our group. It helps keep me young and informed. I think it very sad that all of mom's friends have died and she lost that interaction Pat, I'm sure you'll find something fun to do. My granddaughters, both of them, loved the Sun Blossoms from youtube. We made two of them and they went home with them. I have saved the supplies so we can do it again as a craft project with them. The dress I copied from the thrift store was a big hit with dgd Taylor and dd Lisa, but Hannah was bummed because she forgot her bathing suit so she wouldn't try it on. Taylor held the dresses so I could get this picture.

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy

Yes, I'm grateful to have friend & co-workers of many ages. I LOVE the flamingo print!!! flamingos have a special place in our family.... lots of practical jokes involve a stuffed flamingo my brother brought home. It made the rounds in our family for years.

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

We used to mess with my dad over flamingos. He was the sort who if he had paint and a brush, everything got painted until he ran out..bird houses, rocks, etc. That's how he got blue flamingos in his yard. My mom was livid but we had to keep it going by continuing to buy flamingos and putting them in the yard every chance we had, We put about 50 in the yard when he was coming home form the hospital after cancer surgery.

good plan!!!

I think that is the same flamingo fabric I have. Think it is the piece Robin gave me!!!! I've been looking for the "perfect" pattern for a quilt. Maybe I need a bathing suit cover up instead!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.