Photo by Melody

Beginner Gardening Questions: Orga-plus...pelletized "compost" from Netherlands.....

Communities > Forums > Beginner Gardening Questions
bookmark
Forum: Beginner Gardening QuestionsReplies: 11, Views: 70
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
doublecc
Solomons, MD

February 9, 2013
8:55 PM

Post #9413742

Has anyone actually used Orga-plus? Have not been able to determine what exactly has been composted.
WeeNel
Ayrshire Scotland
United Kingdom

February 14, 2013
1:48 PM

Post #9419126

Wish I could help but never heard of Orga - Plus, I assume it's either a plant food or fertiliser to add to soil but I.m just guessing due to the name.
If it's bought from a store, I would imagine there has to be a contents list of ingredients on the packaging, IF there is, perhaps you can get back to this thread and give the list then someone can come on the thread to help you better than I can.
Good luck. WeeNel.
doublecc
Solomons, MD

February 18, 2013
7:56 AM

Post #9422977

Thanks. I checked for ingredients. They only list the finished product, not what was actually composted. 'Organic' may not be the same in California as in northeastern U.S...same for 'all natural'. Years ago, worked at a golf course, where they used reactivated sewage sludge for fertilizer...wouldn't want that in my gardens today. Been hearing lately about toxic compost...pesticides,antibiotics and such...veterinarian medicines...that could be in "compost" and ruin gardens if
one doesn't know the source of ingredients. Orga-plus' website doesn't list ingredients either. Would be helpful to know before I use product, that's all. Not saying this product NG, just don't know. Thanks for reply...
WeeNel
Ayrshire Scotland
United Kingdom

February 18, 2013
9:39 AM

Post #9423102

I understand what you mean Doublecc regards what is getting into our gardens ect, we have the same problems going on here in UK and where water is tested in some areas, there has been traces of antibiotic, Household cleaning chemicals, Pesticides all leeching into the waterways via the run off from gardens, when it rains and the waste water from the services have to go somewhere so it ends up in waterways/ rivers ect, same for stuff thrown down sinks washing machines ect, everyone assumes it goes nowhere but it has to go somewhere and it is returned to us via tap water (supposedly filtered ) but in lots of places there has been so many homes built that we dont have enough water storage to cope or enough water or sewage plants to cope either, here in UK, any overflow from sewage beyond a certain amount, gets dumped / piped out to sea so we eat fish here ????, they eat pur drugs, chemical ect that we dispose off down our drains. I do avoid using chemical cleaners IF pos and never use Chemicals in my garden UNLESS very last resort and I think that was a small area about 7 years ago.
It's really a case of education from an early age but then there are others who really dont give a hoot where stuff comes from or goes and dont want to know the word environment, but hey, we can only do our own little bit for the planet we want to protect for everyone who follows after us.
WeeNel.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

February 18, 2013
10:58 AM

Post #9423178

I found this link that tells you what is NOT in Orga-plus...they state it is entirely safe and made from natural organics that are pathogen free...

http://orgaplus.kandwwholesale.com/Details.html

the spec sheet info

http://orgaplus.kandwwholesale.com/Varieties.html
doublecc
Solomons, MD

February 18, 2013
12:45 PM

Post #9423297

Thanks for comments, and website info. I submitted my question directly to the wholesaler...will wait for a reply.I hope it works out...NGK balance of 3-3-3, slow release...could be beneficial. Thanks again for answers...

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

February 18, 2013
12:48 PM

Post #9423305

You are most welcome...hope they answer your questions.
doublecc
Solomons, MD

February 21, 2013
7:59 PM

Post #9427407

The wholesaler for the Orga-plus did not respond to my question...maybe that is very telling in itself. Thanks for suggestions and support.
doublecc
Solomons, MD

February 26, 2013
7:25 PM

Post #9433085

I have received e-mail from wholesaler for Orga-plus. He assures me that the foundation for this product is chicken manure composted, w/vegetable and vegetable by-products added to it to allow formation of Standard, Hi-Calcium or Hi-Magnesium products. Beyond that, the process is patented and protected. Nothing in the product will impact soil negatively, in fact...he indicated benefits and good results from using Orga-plus.

Just wanted to follow up. Thanks again...doublecc

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

February 27, 2013
5:25 AM

Post #9433327

Cool. That was pretty much what I gathered from all the literature...because they kept saying "natural organics" Nice to know it is the pelletizing part that is secret...not the ingredients.
Hans_ORGAplus
Hoogeveen
Netherlands

October 19, 2013
2:20 AM

Post #9689315

Hi everybody, I'm Hans, owner of the ORGAplus company. Jost "googeled" this nice website and your questions. I can help you out: all of our ingredients are 100% organic origine. like chickenmanue (layers, not broilers due contermination antibiotics), horsemanure, mushroonsoils, etc. no pigmanure ore substances from questionabel origine like feather/bone/blood meal. we use a specific and patented 24H compostingprocess and it's focussed on the endproduct. we are able to produce everytime the same productanalyses as we did -dor eexample- 3 years back. mainly what we do, is break down the protein chains and rebuilding them in a better way. benefits: appr. 65% Effective Organic Matter in our product, almost all nutrients are bounded to organic matter, so no leaching to the enviroment, absolutely no crop burnings even applied 3-5 times the adviced ammount, and our product has positiv effect on soilstructure and better enviroment for the existing Mikro Organisms.
if you have more questions: just ask
With kind regards, Hans Jansen, ORGAplus INT BV
doublecc
Solomons, MD

November 1, 2013
8:22 PM

Post #9699981

Thanks, Hans for all the information on Orga-plus. And thanks for taking the time to actually respond...feel more confident about using your product. Be well...

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Gardening Questions Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cyclanthus bipartitus 'Gigant' bepah 3 Jun 11, 2010 9:05 AM
Welcome to the Beginner Gardening Questions forum! dave 53 Jun 18, 2013 4:28 PM
canna rhizomes help Allison_FL 20 Jan 16, 2013 6:55 PM
Where to locate my garden - light issues Martell 18 Apr 19, 2010 2:17 PM
Baby Oak Tree Seedtosser1 13 Jun 4, 2009 5:13 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America