Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Weather In Your Garden # 128

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Coming from here ~ http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1295879/#top

It's only 5 degree's this morning but Mother Nature gave me something other than white to look at when I woke. ^_^

Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560
Thomaston, CT

How beautiful, Pixie! It's snowing, sleeting, raining here.....schools are canceled.....waiting for hospital to call me with Mom's placement....I'm hoping I can see her this afternoon when it all changes to rain...need to bring her flowers on her 98th birthday today.....thank you all for praying for her.....I must say she was treated with respect at the hospital, the doctors & nurses spoke directly to her, instead of through me.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Happy Birthday to your Mom Robin, prayers for her and you as well. :) Drive safely if you do go out.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

happy b-day to your mom and hope she is feeling better.

was 16 here this morning and just had a snow shower.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Happy Birthday to your dear mother today! Be safe when you go out.

40 here going to 50. Rained during the night

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

46 and the wind has picked up.

South Hamilton, MA

33 & a mixture of snow & rain, changing to rain. Looks mewssy. DH got the mailbox so it would swing out again. Huge pile of snow next to it now.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Pretty shots!

Two hour delay for kids. Now it's all rain. 33.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

43 and sunny, much nicer for a late walk.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Robindog, Sending birthday greetings to your Mom. She is a month older than my Mom. Hope we get those genes.
My poor DH had his skiing plans cancelled as the weather in Vt is windy and icy. He did all that work in the dark last night to go today, but a good thing as all that snow would be horrible to move now as it turns to ice. He did in front of barn and shed too, but you can't tell from this shot.

Weather in Nantucket is dull, and 42, and only a little wind, but an occasional good gust.. One dog happy to outside while the other is having none of the icy ground. I tried to go out for a walk, but it is treacherous. Birds happy to have time to eat without getting blown to Siberia. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Currently foggy and 43 nothing like the sound of snow falling off the roof...everything's melting :(
rain rain and more rain...yuck what a mess!!! Thankfully hubby drove the kids to school today

Happy b-day to your Mom, Robin and here's to a speedy recovery!

You should hear the thunder of lots of snow sliding off the solar panels onto the lower roof! Wow.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

IT'S SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

South Hamilton, MA

38 & rain. 2 more snowstorms predicted during the week. Along the south shore there are placed still without power & mighty damage.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

The weatherman said "a dusting", does this look like a dusting to you? It's been doing this for over half an hour, we have a 1/2" already!
So much for that beautiful sunrise. " Red skies in the morning, sailors take warning".......they ain't kidding. :(

This message was edited Feb 11, 2013 1:33 PM

Thumbnail by pixie62560

Well there's dust and then there's DUST...

South Hamilton, MA

Power just went out for about 20 min. freezing rain, 39

Via Twitter:

Quite a temperature range in the U.S. last 24 hours! McAllen, Texas hit 96 Sunday. Yellowstone Lake, WY down to -25 this AM!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

awful weather here now.Clouds 56* and high wind with torrents of rain.
I doubt it will last.If half the snow dispersers thats OK with me.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Raining and sleeting

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

It's still snowing :( :( :(

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

super foggy!

South Hamilton, MA

rain all day power went out for about half an hr this afternoon. Have to re-log in everywhere.

Crazy foggy here too. I think it was MY kid I just dropped off...

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Funny. No fog here, and snow is almost all gone. Why did I spend so much time clearing the drive and parking area yesterday? Currently drizzling and 46 degrees out. Patti

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Happy Birthday Momma!!!

Thomaston, CT

Thanks all of you dear, dear folks! I brought Mom sugar free ice cream for her present, she loves it....Wish I could say nice things about the weather, but Pixie, your day was worse than mine....Patti, love that barn, sorry your DH couldn't ski....Just cannot think about even one more inch of snow here!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Glad she had a good day Robin and a special treat. :)

The weather is just crazy, it's now freezing rain on top of the 4" of new snow.

Sherrie In, NH(Zone 5a)

Puxatauny Phil is a no good lying lazy gardern eating Rodent.

Go back to your cave & fire those men in coats & hats that brain washed you.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

still wicked windy here.

Blizzard time lapse.

http://vimeo.com/59328635#

South Hamilton, MA

More snow in the prediction, but I think we are on the edge of the storm. time to get more food as we were finishing our supply tonight.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

It's 30 now, high of 41 with snow/rain showers this morning.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I just saw the news said snow wed night.. 39 now going to 41.. not much change there

South Hamilton, MA

36 & sunny

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

36 and cloudy

Thomaston, CT

Cannot walk on my drive yet, very icy, but I see some melting.....should be around 38 again today.....

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

43 partly sunny

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Sunny, snow gone except in deepest shade and that melting fast. 47 and still. Patti

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Lied, not still as I just went for a walk and it is more windy than I thought. Still a lovely day. But, the big news is that I have several Narcissus in obvious bud. Not surprising they are N. Rijnveld's Early Sensation which is usually the first to bloom for us. I took shots and will post them later. Also some Hellebore and more Hamamelis out. Both of our H.Diane and H. Sunburst are opening. H. Wisley Supreme is still looking bright and cheery. Patti

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.