Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Round Robin Quilt - Pictures of our completed tops

(Susan) Calgary, AB(Zone 3b)

This is a forum for us to showcase our tops when we get them back, with all the borders added.
If I see them in another thread, I'll post them here too.

Finished quilts:
Audrey - Feb 14th
Barb - Feb 14th
Betty - rec'd March 1

This message was edited Mar 4, 2013 6:53 AM

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks for the thread Susan, I have it watched.

:-)

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Happy Valentine's Day with a special hello to Audrey. Here is your quilt top dear heart!!!

Thumbnail by Quilter5bdsr
Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Thanks for posting the picture, it looks beautiful. Good work, all.

And this is mine!!! I'm so very pleased with it. Your all did such a great job with color for this. I so appreciate all the time you took and I thank you all so very much.....

That is beautiful, Barb. I love the pine trees accent.

It's awesome to start seeing completed tops, with all our various ideas of what "goes" with the center!

I'd be happy to see what the originator of the tops do with them afterwards - add to them? Simply put batting/backing on and quilt?

Please post your pictures of the FINISHED quilts!

Mittsy- the trees were done by Cheryl. I think they were paper pieced. She is so talented.

I did the center with the brown edge.
Audrey added the light border.
Betty added the green.
Cheryl added the brown with pine trees.
Susan added the gold and
Linda added the outside floral.

Again I can't thank all these ladies enough. I just love it and Norm does too!!!!

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Those are really turning out nice. I wish I would have found time to enter this swap but knew I could not find the time. THANKS for sharing the pictures and letting us all enjoy your beautful efforts!

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

we can do another one whenever you are ready Doc!!! I'd be in. :)

I'm not up to hostessing right now but I might be interested when another one comes up.

I love seeing all the fun borders and some creative additions. Some GREAT ideas! I had a Fons & Porter "Quick Quilts" in my hands today and talked myself out of it. I have PLENTY of started projects and don't need more ideas. I just need to buckle down and get some sewing done, get some quilts DONE!!!

I would not mind hostessing one....Just let me know when you are ready....I am not ready yet either...still have some to go on this one.....and phd's galore!!!

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

I'm piling up PHD's too. I suspect I will get behinder with this move. No telling when I'll get a sewing room again.

PHDs?

Let's see..... we started this one last summer, right? Let's see if we're finished this one by late Spring, and if so, I'll host another one - this is a Great way to bring out the creative genius in all of us!

I'm looking forward to seeing my finished top!

Barb posted (in response to my comment about seeing the finished quilts):
I need to save up to have mine quilted. I can't do big pieces like this anymore... Maybe when income tax refund comes in..
I replied:
Take your time Barb - after all, we'd given a timeline of May to have the tops back, and they're starting to come in now! Hate to jinx it, BUT - we're ahead of the game

phd's projects half done I think it sounds better than ufo!! sure sounds goood to say I am working on multiple phd's!!! ^_^

:-)

Well then........ I have a LOT of PHDs....hmm makes me sound educated.... or edjakated - your choice lol

I'm afraid I'd have to claim PQD, many of mine don't reach the half mark!!!

Here is Betty's completed top!!!

2" added by Cheriffic - Cheryl
3" added by Tallulah - Susan
4" added by taters - Linda Kay
5" added by Quilter5 - Barb
6" added by Barb for Audrey.....

REALLY nice, good job, one & all!

OOOHHH that is wonderfull!!!

I think Betty is going to be Really happy with this! Hope she keeps this one.....

Just beautiful!

Victoria Harbour, ON

I am thrilled..can't wait to get it and quilt it!

I'm here playing with your Susan..not an easy feat with the border of black and peacock colored strops..can't just sew them on sides and top edging of the piece, means muttered corners and the piece doesn't quite measure so I can match corner miter..what to do what to do, will have to be the best I can do right?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Susan, your border is a challenge..the black edging with pinstripe of gold is off a tad, need to do different sewing widths when attaching my border or you will see a zigzag of gold then no gold...lol

So here we go, trying to see as best how I can miter grr

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

That is drop dead gorgeous.. LOL Betty I think you had it right the first time "muttered" corners..Freudian slip?

Victoria Harbour, ON

they are indeed muttered...all the while I'm muttering to myself..lol

If it were mine I'd say what to heck, go for it..but sure would hate to ruin somebody's piece of art!! pressure/pressure

This message was edited Feb 18, 2013 10:01 AM

Victoria Harbour, ON

drats, upstairs to undo all I've done so far this morning..black floral border (see upper right end) not long enough to do the mitered corner..

any suggestions before I take it apart??

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Could you perhaps put a block of some kind in the corners? Then the stripe would not need to be quite as long? I'm pleased to see the tissue paper still covering the center. DO NOT IRON over it. The paint will run!!!!

Yours gets mailed out tomorrow!!!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

If I were to take off the 1 1/2 border of peacock feathers,nthen take border of 3 thin lines off the main border it would likely work..the strips were so much longer than the piece I just didn't think once sewn and inverted that the one strip wouldn't be long enough...Susan you don't have extra do you?

Will check your suggestion out Barb

extra of what? I didn't add the last border if that's what you're thinking.

I agree with Barb, a corner block will solve a lot of problems. A simple pinwheel would be nice. I LOVE that peacock quilt top and you ladies have done an incredible job of finding the right fabrics to go with it.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Of the black length floral piece

oh wait............I think I did send that border, Betty - but I don't have any more of it. Sent all I had.
Betty - sorry I'm causing such pressure on you..... surely didn't mean to.

This message was edited Feb 18, 2013 9:13 AM

Victoria Harbour, ON

Your thoughts Susan, after all it is your piece. Lol

Either I don't use this border and move on or if you look closely I can remove the pin stripe from each edge of it and it would fit??

Bob just suggested a "single blossom" corner, Betty.
He thinks this would look outstanding!

Do you have any such material?

He suggests try a yellow blossom, because there is so much blue, and it would coordinate.

Otherwise, I leave it to your best judgement, k?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Nothing like that..off to go see what can be done

I just spoke to Betty, and she's going to remove some of the blue pinstripe from the outer material I sent (with the black and flowers) on the inside edge. This will make it just small enough that she can miter it with the same material.

This message was edited Feb 18, 2013 9:33 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.