Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Michigan Gardening: Is it Spring yet?

Communities > Forums > Michigan Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Michigan GardeningReplies: 2, Views: 16
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Lera
Brighton, MI
(Zone 5b)

February 14, 2013
12:51 PM

Post #9419071

Hi,
I just joined Dave's Garden and am salivating over seed catalogs. I am hoping to bludgeon the gardens back into shape this year. Surgery and back problems the last couple years have allowed them to get out of control.
I live in Brighton and wonder if there are some active garden clubs close by? Sure would appreciate knowing about them.

Lera
glevely
Sanford, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 14, 2013
4:38 PM

Post #9419254

welcome Lera !!!!! good luck with the gardens this summer go slow don't want you to over do !!! LOL I live in Sanfodr so I don't know about clubs down there sorry

Gloria

ahoogstra

ahoogstra
Cutlerville, MI

February 19, 2013
5:39 AM

Post #9424018

Welcome Lera!
I had horrible hip issues last year from gardening:( So...this year I started excersising regularly so I can keep gardening..I know only a dork would work out all winter to graden Spring & Summer, but lets face it...we all become a dork by the time MI winter is over! LOLOLOLOL:)
I hope your back gets stronger everyday, back issues are horrible! I wish I knew of garden clubs in your area I am just south of Grand Rapids so I am not familar with any where you are, however, check with your local MSU extension office, they should be able to hook you right up!
Welcome again!
Ahoogstra

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Michigan Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
BUTTERFLY house notmartha 39 Mar 7, 2009 11:05 PM
MSU-BBALL notmartha 19 Sep 24, 2009 4:45 PM
Purple Moon Flower Question hairgirl5 9 Apr 11, 2011 5:42 PM
Ideas for Spring NjMcMullen 41 Sep 24, 2008 10:48 PM
the building or the GH notmartha 29 Sep 24, 2009 12:05 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America