Connecticut Flower & Garden Show

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

It is that time again all over the Northeast for flower and garden shows.

Next week it is the Connecticut show in Hartford:
http://www.ctflowershow.com/

It is my favorite thing to do. Senior citizen prices on Thursday and I think Friday. If you purchase NOTHING, the info is invaluable. And so much fun!

Thomaston, CT

There's a bus trip to the Hartford Flower Show leaving Litchfield on the 22nd.....$21 for bus & admission....want to go if I can find someone to let my dog out around 1:00....hoping my brother can do that.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

CT is alittle too far for me in the winter time but i have bought tickets to the one here in Maine. ^_^

Thomaston, CT

When is that one, Pixie?

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

March 6-10th

Thomaston, CT

Sounds like fun....

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

And the grand Philadelphia Show is not far behind. I just wish I lived a bit closer to attend that show as well.

I feel that these shows bring us to the starting line for the new season.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Went to the NJ one today

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

Went to the Connecticut show today and was somewhat disappointed to miss some favorite vendors. Seems to me there were fewer landscape displays. I never have been a fan of the cut flower competitive displays, so I cannot criticize. Seems there were fewer real vendors, that is, related to gardening as opposed to hats, scarves, dresses, soap and jewelry.

Still lots of good landscape and gardening ideas and soil testing and extension services help.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Same thing with NJ, I have to remind myself not to go next year

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Anyone interested in going to the Philly show???
http://theflowershow.com/

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

flowAjen, I guess you picked up on my disappointment also. For me it was almost 80 miles away. I don't think I'll go next year either.

I hope you get to go the Philly show if it is not too far away. Philly is 2.25 hours for me (if there is no traffic), and I'm getting too old to drive and not be too exhausted to walk the show. I used to be able to go to Philadelphia, leaving at 5:20 a.m. and get back by 10:30 a.m., but those days are past.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Some people on the MA forum are planning staying overnight, they have done that in previous years
Looks like it should only take about 40mins for me

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

Have a great time. I'll be looking for your report back in about nine or ten days.

Philadelphia, PA

I'll be at the Philadelphia flower show next Friday or Saturday. I'm really looking forward to a few hours at the show.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.