Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Quilting from the Heart XI Show 2013

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I just wanted to share a few highlights from the 11th show of the Space Coast quilters. I had an opportunity to meet a wonderful woman who at the age of 92 is still turning out beautiful works of art.

Thumbnail by mittsy

I thought you might enjoy reading the bio on her winning quilt. She made her beautiful jacket and one for each of her daughters.

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy

I got so involved enjoying all the eye candy that I forgot to take pictures, so I'm sorry to say there's not too many to share. Kathy and Ilona in front of some winners. Bird House Quilt. I don't usually go for the pastels but this one just called to me.

Edited by Mittsy

I just wanted to add that I am a paying member and I am very upset that someone has the ability to edit my post without my permission. If you click on (underlined w i n n e r) you will find that a pop up has been imbedded to an ad. Can I have this removed?

This message was edited Feb 27, 2013 8:45 AM

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy

More winning quilts. Sorry I have had a camera malfunction. Luckily my computer repair person is coming tomorrow so there is still hope.

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy
Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Mittsy, thanks for the eye candy!
Haven't been to a quilt show in a few yrs.

Maxine

It's like a shot in the arm to get you all enthused about trying something new!

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Fantastic quilts. Thanks Mittsy!!!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Just love to join you on your walk 'ooh'ing snd ahh'ing as you share a photo's.

My goodness, what can one say about the rose quilt?

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

IF I was ever to do an applique quilt, the bird house would be it. Wonderful photos thanks for posting.

Longboat Key, FL(Zone 9b)

stunning quilts. The quilting is so precise, just awesome. I could easily be jealous if I allow such a thing.

I do and I am!!!!!!!

Longboat Key, FL(Zone 9b)

ok i'll allow too

Thanks Helene - they sure do give a standard to strive for don't they? I just plug along and hope my efforts are appreciated..

Victoria Harbour, ON

Read all the posts yesterday, wanted to reply but just didn't..
This morning I've gone through them again and what came to mind is that these quilts were likely made by quilters hands for near a year..I see what you all do re placemats for meals on wheels, totes for children with cancer, blankets for storm victims..you all give of yourselves, would you trade that for an award winning quilt that took you a year..I know you wouldn't!!!

You are a fine bunch of quilters..quilters to be admired!

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

Karen, I tried to find that birdhouse quilt.....only places I found it, it was done as a BOM, sold out at most places....on the high side price wise.....wish I could just find some patterns.....

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Thunder, I believe you could come up with your own style of birdhouse just fine. I have a few birdhouse patterns that were free. Let me see if I can find them and the links for it.

What about a block swap featuring birdhouses? You could pick the color palette and the birdhouse would be up to the maker. I had a very nice birdhouse applique or paper pieced pattern we used a long time ago for a for a baby quilt. Each of us made a block and decorated it to our liking. It came out great.

Wait! Wait! No swaps now! I can't until we get moved and settled.

LOL Karen... afraid you'll miss something?? LOL

I have missed several because of having to be away from home. But once we get to TN I will be glued in for a while at least.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Ahhh Karen, how are we all going to meet up again this year???

Well, if at the same time of year, I just might be in MI.

Victoria Harbour, ON

let's hope, had a wonderful time last year!

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Betty, help me put names to the DG faces, could you please give me the names from left to right?? HOW I envy you ladies being able to meet up!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Left to right. Judy (Seedtosser1), behind her is my girlfriend Ann who kept me company on the drive to Frankenmuth, LindaKay (our own Tatters55) Berdie from Ohio, me, Joyce (Joycet). Janice (lady dragon)

Ooops posted the photo but I thought it was the one with Karen in it..will post that tomorrow..in this photo Karen had not yet arrived at Bonners, worlds largest Christmas store and yes, a fabric shop is located just down the street. Lol

This message was edited Feb 20, 2013 8:56 PM

THANKS! It's nice to see all your smiling faces.. and wish I was there!!

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Love those quilts, hard to believe she is 92 and still turning out beautiful quilts!

This is the only picture I have with Karen in it.
Karen and Betty at the Bavarian Inn for dinner.

This message was edited Feb 22, 2013 12:45 PM

Thumbnail by taters55
Victoria Harbour, ON

Lindakay, we just have to get together again, planning any trips north?

Wow and double wow, winds just came up, can't see a thing.

Dang it! you had to go and post one that looks just like me. LOL

Funny how our pictures are different than what we think we look like! You are beautiful Karen!

No trips planned, but will let you know if anything comes up!

I like the idea of a birdhouse block swap, please let me know when someone starts one. Maybe it can be a long summer project? Coloring books can be a good idea for some blocks too!

https://www.google.com/search?q=birdhouse+coloring+pages&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=3uInUa3pKIrq2wWV8YGwDQ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1097&bih=541

Can we agree to make it a 12 1/2" ( finished to 12" ) block ,just so we have a starting point to work from? I'm purging some of my books and will make copies of the pages I might use before donating them to Rocket Quilter's library.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Sounds another fun swap is in the making!!

That does sound like fun and would use up some scraps too!!!

12 & 1/2 inch block is fine with me.

12 1/2 is good.

Do we officially want to start a thread and kick this off or wait another week or two? I'd be happy to hostess or not, if someone else has a burning urge to lead out this time. Just let me know.

Go ahead and start it Pat, Like Karen said it will be a while before she can join, but if we make this with a long due date, I think she can join too?

OK!! Will do... You'all know I love to organize swaps!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1299790/

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

Doc, You found the quilt pattern!!! and it is somewhat affordable !!! I think I am going to order it ???

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.