Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Coop for QUANITY purchase of Lilies (esp Stargazer?)

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

What places would you all recommend if I wanted to purchase larger quantities of single type of bulbs? I am looking for bigger number discounts?.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Bert (Bleek) at Touch of Nature has a lily sale going on now, and he's always open to larger quantity purchases, usually at a nice discount. Some of us in the mid-Atlantic forum are putting together a group buy (for distribution at the spring swap) using ToN and ADR as our sources. ADR is a wholesaler, but if you ask nicely they'll work with you if you're looking for a source for group buys or garden club co-ops. I've also had nice bulbs from Sunshine.

And although I've never ordered from them, I hear the really top notch bulbs are those from B&D lilies -- and I think you're in their "nearby cheaper shipping area." They do have discounts listed for 3 or 6 of a kind, and I'll bet they'd work with you if you wanted 25 or 50 bulbs, too.

Thanks, I'll look into that. I wish I could remember who the distrubutor was that when the quantities got to 100 and 200, the price was about a 1/4 of regular...

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

ADR does bags of 25 and trays of 250... the per-bulb price for our group buy worked out to an average just over $1 each. :-)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Just checked... ADR's price on Stargazer is $25 for 25, $172 for 200... a substantial savings (14%), but not half price.

Ok, well that gives me a comparison at least. THANKS!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

You're welcome... just remember most other places are going to be throwing in a retail markup.

Have you checked places like van Engelen? (They're the wholesale or "larger quantities" brother to John Scheepers) I think they may only have lilies in fall, though.

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

I would love to get 14 Stargazer lillies. Is there an order in progress??

No, I was inquiring about a good source for high volume/ great discount for volume Star gazer lilies. van Engelen was "sold out" of everything I was interested in. I think you're right, that is their way of saying "not now"!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.