Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Cut Flowers and Floral Design: Cut Flower Vases

Communities > Forums > Cut Flowers and Floral Design
bookmark
Forum: Cut Flowers and Floral DesignReplies: 1, Views: 22
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
capg163
June Park, FL

February 20, 2013
9:19 AM

Post #9425499

Hi All, I hope you all are doing well. I had a question that I would like to get some feedback on before I proceed on a project to much further. Over the years whenever I buy my wife flowers, especially roses, I find that they seem to die pretty quickly and that the water in the vase gets pretty rancid. I know you are supposed to chnge the water often, but we rarely do.

Being that I am an inventor at heart, I decided to try to solve my problem. I have come up with a vase that filters the water through a media that prevents microbial growth and therefore the water stays clear throughout the life of the flowers. THe flowers also live longer. In tests that I have run, roses live up to 2-3 days longer.

The question I have is does anyone think that this is a marketable product. Would you be willing to purchase a vase like this? How much would you pay? Also, at this point it is plugged into an AC adapter. If you would consider buying a product like this, would it have to be battery operated?

I appreciate any feedback that anyone can give.

Thanks
Craig
abhege
Grantville, GA

February 26, 2013
3:53 PM

Post #9432839

Sorry Craig, I would change the water...

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cut Flowers and Floral Design Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Cut Flowers and Floral Design Forum dave 40 Apr 24, 2008 2:40 PM
Starting us off Wvdaisy 36 Apr 24, 2007 9:24 PM
My Tropical displays. celt33040 8 Apr 23, 2007 12:26 PM
Articles and tips about processing cut flowers.... gemini_sage 23 Aug 7, 2012 4:11 AM
Vases Lenjo 83 Jul 31, 2008 2:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America