Hard to believe how time has flown, but the16th DG annual photo contest has begun! Find the details here. Best wishes to all the entrants!!!

Cut Flower Vases

June Park, FL

Hi All, I hope you all are doing well. I had a question that I would like to get some feedback on before I proceed on a project to much further. Over the years whenever I buy my wife flowers, especially roses, I find that they seem to die pretty quickly and that the water in the vase gets pretty rancid. I know you are supposed to chnge the water often, but we rarely do.

Being that I am an inventor at heart, I decided to try to solve my problem. I have come up with a vase that filters the water through a media that prevents microbial growth and therefore the water stays clear throughout the life of the flowers. THe flowers also live longer. In tests that I have run, roses live up to 2-3 days longer.

The question I have is does anyone think that this is a marketable product. Would you be willing to purchase a vase like this? How much would you pay? Also, at this point it is plugged into an AC adapter. If you would consider buying a product like this, would it have to be battery operated?

I appreciate any feedback that anyone can give.

Grantville, GA

Sorry Craig, I would change the water...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.