-
AuthorContent
cathy166
Stamford, CT
(Zone 6b)

February 26, 2013
6:30 PM

Post #9433002

It was my pleasure to go to Costco today and find that they must have just received their shipment of bulbs, and the shelves were loaded. These are the earliest ones, mostly lilium and callas, dahlias, begonias, eucomis, a few aroids and of course a few others, like liatris and gladiolus. The bags are 11.99 each, and the more expensive the bulb and the fancier the variety, the fewer in the package. The calla lilies are 6 to a bag, the oriental lilies I got were 18 to a bag. Somehow I recall that they had more varieties and colors, and I still have to do some online shopping.

Now I can't wait to go in the next week or two to see what else they've got. They tend to get their shipments in waves. Peonies tend to come in much later with the plants.

This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Bulbs Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Growing Tuberose in CA SteveK 2 Aug 27, 2007 3:24 AM
hyacinth bulbs debi_z 12 Oct 31, 2007 11:48 AM
Supplier for caldium bulbs Bulk??? plantsdirect 10 Dec 28, 2010 9:42 AM
what are these and why don't they bloom? woodspirit1 24 Jun 25, 2009 7:40 PM
gardeners......... help!!!! stephanie_74 12 Jul 7, 2011 5:00 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America