why aren't there more seed swaps on here?

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

Just wondering why there are no monthly or seasonal seed swaps, like all tomatoes or all perennial seeds, whatever on this site. I belong to several other sites and they have different seed swaps going every month. is it lack of interest? lack of hosts?

Holly Springs, NC(Zone 7b)

Most of us move seeds around in the seed Robin. I'm sure that you could get some big interest if you run a tomato seed swap!

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

I would love to do a tomato seed swap, or a pepper seed swap or a flower seed swap, but would rather ger several different people to host several swaps. another site does one pepper, one tomato, one all edibles, one cuke, squash and melon, one salad stuff, one all non gmo seeds, one all commercial seeds, etc, and the participation is great. the robin is nice, but some people only want flowers and some only want veggies, and specific seed swaps seem like a fun thing to do. just dont see that much participation in things here.

I don't think it is a matter of low participation; just that no one is running one. I'll bet that if you start one, others will start the different ones.

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

I've always wondered the same thing....I get so much, and so much fun, out of seed swaps elsewhere.
There are usually only 2 or 3 a year on Dave's.

You have two to choose from at the moment, as I started them on your suggestion RisingCreek. :)

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

A little too late for me this year, but I hope you will do them next year, or better still, late fall.

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

I agree. This fall or winter would be great for specific types of seed swaps. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images