Palo Alto, CA

Saw several varieties of this lovely tree in Palo Alto, California. Please let me know if you can ID. Thank you!

Thumbnail by ushapebranch
Palo Alto, CA

Here's another picture. Thanks again!

Beautiful, BC(Zone 9b)

Really hard to see. Cedrus? Need foliage image.

San Francisco, CA

I would wager that what you have seen is "Monterey Cypress" - Cupressus macrocarpa. If you had a better close-up
of the foliage, we could say with more certainty.

Palo Alto, CA

Thank you for your help. I will get some better pictures. After doing some additional research, it looks like it is in the cedar family. Truth be told, it looks exactly like this tree, which the artist labels an incense cedar. But when I look-up the incense cedar, it does not really look like that??

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Quote from ushapebranch :
Thank you for your help. I will get some better pictures. After doing some additional research, it looks like it is in the cedar family. Truth be told, it looks exactly like this tree, which the artist labels an incense cedar. But when I look-up the incense cedar, it does not really look like that??

The bark looks OK for a cedar; my best guess is a Deodar Cedar Cedrus deodara. It doesn't fit incense-cedar (which is not a cedar), that has more orangey, stringy-textured bark.

Resin

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.