Waterlily flowers

noonamah, Australia

Just thought I'd post some photos of waterlilies flowering now for me. The first is a night flowerer. Because we've had overcast and rainy weather the past couple of days it's been staying open a lot longer. The other is a day flowerer, so it hasn't been overly happy with the overcast weather. But today looks like being it's turn.

Thumbnail by tropicbreeze Thumbnail by tropicbreeze Thumbnail by tropicbreeze Thumbnail by tropicbreeze
Athens, PA(Zone 5b)

Beautiful! I really love the 3rd picture.

noonamah, Australia

Thanks Carolyn. The colour and shading is so delicate, but they love the full hot sun.

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Your lillies are just beautiful. I agree with Carolyn #3 is really dainty looking and such beautiful colors.

Bonnie

(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

I ordered my lilies and marginals from TWL yesterday. Dusty said he would hold my order til May 1. I told him I had no way to keep them before that but didn't want to face sold out's on what I wanted by waiting. They are so very accommodating.

I love your waterlilies. I like the pink one.Pink is my color...

noonamah, Australia

Thanks Southgal, it's a very prolific night flowerer, that one. The closest I came to a name for it was Nymphaea "H.C.Haarstick".

You are very welcome.To me the dark bright color flowers just stands out more on the lily pads.Like the first pic,the color really stands out.Cool name!!!

Cody

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Cody, what plant is your Avatar? I am working on a living wreath made from succulents, hens and chicks etc. Really love that one. My pond is a mess, too many frogs and tadpoles, no fish so far. I hope the raccoons and herons left me some. I have a water lily that is hardy that looks like the bright pink, it's Mayla.
Mittsy

Hi Mittsy,thanks..They call it a ghost plant.I am not sure if that is the only name for it or not.They do good outside all year around.Mine is in a pot though,because it grows long stems.The good thing about this plant is when one of the leave looking things fall off,all you have to do is just lay it in the pot and it will root on its on.Also you dont have to water them that much.Mittsy,i don't know how they would grow in the ground.I have only seem them in pots.Please post pic when you are done.Sounds like a neat fun project.

This message was edited May 22, 2013 8:42 PM

Mittsy,i sent you a dmail..

Got your dmail, thanks, here's a picture of what i want to make, Isn't it beautiful?

Thumbnail by mittsy

Wow!!! Mittsy it is beautiful.The plant i have blooms white flowers too. The names are Graptopetalum and Paraguayense...Mittsy i am not sure if you can keep it alive in your zone.

I winter in FL and it will travel with me back and forth.

Cool then,you are good to go for summer and winter then.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images