ADS Survey for types of dahlias

Massapequa Park, NY(Zone 7a)

The American Dahlia Society is trying to refocus their web site and would klike some input from you folks as to your interest in types of dahlias. Is there an interest in Garden type; cut flower types, low growing for borders/containers; Dinner plate; Show types? Please comment as we are in the process of revamping our web site and want to focus on your interests.
Thanks
Steve

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I'd vote for more low growing dahlias for borders. Also more in the 3' range. FD's, ID's, and balls.

Massapequa Park, NY(Zone 7a)

Thank you Arlene. We, the ADS are asking suppliers to list ava. heights of varieties, but remember there are differences in parts of the country. As to low growing check out Corralitos Gardens www.cgdahlias.com review their new U2 series 12-14" loaded with small flower about 2" in dia. also their many other low growing one. I am growing a 2" dia. yellow orchid type that looks much like a HONKA baby. Below picture of top arraingment last year using baby Honka and a few pictures of top low growers and basket display combo.
Steve

Thumbnail by Steve_D Thumbnail by Steve_D Thumbnail by Steve_D
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

The collection of Corralitos small dahlias is on my list, Steve.

The dahlia photos are so nice. It's nice to see the Aucuba leaves to accent the Honka-like dahlia.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.