Photo by Melody

Sewing and Quilting: Marching forward #2 Sewing & Quilting, (yaking )

Communities > Forums > Sewing and Quilting
bookmark
Forum: Sewing and QuiltingReplies: 234, Views: 1,128
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

March 11, 2013
2:15 PM

Post #9446099

OK new March thread. and we came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1300638/#new

This message was edited Mar 11, 2013 10:16 PM

Thumbnail by psychw2
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 11, 2013
2:42 PM

Post #9446136

In for both the sewing and yakking!

Susan, that is some birthday wish lol

Catbird423

Catbird423
Odenton, MD
(Zone 7b)

March 11, 2013
2:47 PM

Post #9446140

Pat, I love that picture! Made my day. Thanks.

My DD got a chihuahua puppy so I made a bed for it. Scrambles tested it out before I gave it to my DD.

Thumbnail by Catbird423

MaypopLaurel
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA
(Zone 7b)

March 11, 2013
2:54 PM

Post #9446149

I am trying to catch up (as usual). Thanks for the new thread, Pat. I don't get the picture though. Is this an XXX rated rabbit thing? Does this relate to a quilt? Sorry for being lame.

Betty, this fabric looks very familiar. If it's not at the neighborhood Hancock, I think it might be at the across the town QS. I'll be on the lookout. Is this the only one you need?

I have not had much time to stitch because of the annual Atlanta Society Orchid Show at the Atlanta Botanical Garden that ended last night. I had a number of orchids entered for judging (and won lots of ribbons) and was very busy working the event. So very tired now. We will go up to Maypop in the next day or two to start the Spring greens garden there. Meanwhile I've started several hundred seeds for the summer garden on heat mats and lights in our basement here.

I am making progress and will try to take pics soon.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 11, 2013
3:08 PM

Post #9446164

Pat ROFL - that picture made both myself and my DH laugh so hard!! I love that sorrowful look in the bunny's eyes...

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

March 11, 2013
5:08 PM

Post #9446283

Laurel, the picture is a bunny eating a chocolate Easter bunny, no not X rated. Just "wrong" for a "real bunny" to be munching down on a chocolate bunny. I choose a silly Easter picture because Easter is the end of this month and did not have a new quilt picture to post. Sorry.
evelyn_inthegarden
Sierra Foothills, CA
(Zone 8a)

March 11, 2013
9:48 PM

Post #9446525

Very clever, really...
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 12, 2013
4:23 AM

Post #9446614

Got an email that Keepsake is having a 15% off sale on ALL Fabrics thru 18 March. Of course, I'm not forcing anyone to go look!!!!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 12, 2013
7:21 AM

Post #9446781

Morning,
on a warming trend, add the rain and much of our snow has melted!
just starting to feel human again

As for the fabric I'm about 3/4 yard short..not to worry, hopefully driving back from Florida I'll see a few Joann's and surely one should have it.

Saw this photo and had a laugh..quilters valentines day dream!

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

March 12, 2013
7:59 AM

Post #9446824

Betty, I truly would have been happier with thread than candy! I keep plugging along. The weight loss has been very slow, I've only lost 20 pounds since the middle of November. And trust me I KNOW the reasons why!! My body has not betrayed me, I just have not been feeding it right. BUT!!! I did get to buy a size smaller jeans and new BRAS!!! YEAH!! I have tatas again!! My old bras were just non-supportive.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 12, 2013
8:08 AM

Post #9446836

Not a good way to lose weight being ill..got to say with hardly eating this past week I didn't lose a pound, not one!!!

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

March 12, 2013
9:10 AM

Post #9446888

My weight loss has been intentional but the realistic expectations were faster than this. I just kinda ran into to some emotional bumps that caused me to emotional eat. Seems to be my "coping technique" of choice.

Losing weight due to illness is the rough way to do it. I do hope you are feeling much better Betty.
MaypopLaurel
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA
(Zone 7b)

March 12, 2013
9:32 AM

Post #9446925

I forgot Easter is soon, Pat. It coincides with Passover which starts at sundown March 25th until sundown April 2nd. Now I get it though. Sooo slow. I think losing twenty pounds is great. You'll probably feel better for not losing too quickly.

Betty, that is a very cute Valentine but I would not have traded the dark chocolate truffles my Valentine presented. Seeing as how I rarely eat, or even enjoy, sweets they were a treat.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 12, 2013
10:15 AM

Post #9446974

Pat, there are several of us I think who stress eats. I know I do and have to be oh so careful. The other horrible thing is Kim (daughter) is a very good cook and takes these spells where she prepares special dinners for us. My down fall!! It is much worse when I am down seeing mom. I would say congratulations on the 20 pounds!!

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

March 12, 2013
11:15 AM

Post #9447024

LOL... I'm proud (and embarrassed to say) it's a total of 150 pounds. But before your jaw drops too far, know that I'm still a size 20-22. My goal is I think realistic, another 50 pounds. That will NOT make me "thin" by a long shot but under 200 pounds. I am very big boned and I'll have excess skin galore, and I may have to settle for something higher in weight in order to MAINTAIN the loss. I've lost and gained over and over in my life. As much as I'd like to continue to lose and drop the next 50, what is WAY more important to me is to become stable. I'll try to get a current picture and see if I can't find one at a higher weight. As you can imagine, I don't have many of those. I had a tendency to hide from cameras and still do.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI

March 12, 2013
11:42 AM

Post #9447041

I surely understand Pat, I know I've lost 2 or 3 people over the years. For some unknown reason now everything I eat goes straight through me, you'd think I would weigh about 80 lbs. but the weight sticks like glue.

I have heard that you can donate excess skin and the surgery doesn't cost you. Plus insurance will pay if a certain criteria for excess skin is met. I was told all this when I was going through all the steps for gastric bypass.Had my surgery date and then found out I had another condition which put the kibosh on it.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 12, 2013
11:47 AM

Post #9447047

wow Karen that sounds painful..

Pat, you are on the right track saying you must look after YOU.

Just got a call, my Grace frame is ready for pick up, because it's 2 1/2 hrs away from me I'll wait until Saturday before going to pick it..they could have shipped to me but I prefer going as they have a few set up that I can play with and see how it works.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 12, 2013
12:59 PM

Post #9447108

Pat - CONGRATULATIONS on the 20 lb loss! That is just Fantastic!
As for weight now as per years ago... when I was deciding to split up with my ex, I went down to 111 lbs... at 5'1, that was very light - I had no butt, no hips, no tummy... oh yeah, and my tatas went almost non-existent lol
I've since gone UP 100 lbs, and now am losing some of it.
When I moved to Calgary (after being married to the "jewish momma" of a DH who kept saying "eat, eat - you don't eat enough to keep a BIRD alive), I walked off 40 lbs and got to 160. Felt a lot better. Then "emotional eating" whenever I lost a job (should have gained 150 lbs for that reason alone!) "hit" me, and I was 210 again.
Currently I'm losing weight again, and my knees thank me...
Walking is the best exercise for me. Everyone has a "best" exercise that works for them - one for their body type, and one that they will DO (most important).
I have a theory - they are likely the same type of exercise - for body type & one you'll do...

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI

March 12, 2013
1:07 PM

Post #9447118

Our Blue Cross pays for "Silver Sneakers" a senior aerobics program. I go 3 times a week. It gets me moving and helps build stamina too. I missed some while we were traveling, but I'm glad to be back into it. Hubby goes to the club too but uses tread mills and other machines while I'm in aerobics, also covered by insurance.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 12, 2013
1:10 PM

Post #9447125

I'm not a senior yet (1 to 6 years, dependant upon the program...) so I don't get those type of programs...

happytail

happytail
St. Simon's Island, GA
(Zone 9a)

March 12, 2013
1:13 PM

Post #9447128

Congratulations to EVERYONE for their weight loss. It is something very difficult for some people to do. I have lost 20 pounds since last June, and feel so much better. But for 3 years, I struggled and struggled, and never lost a pound. Everyone's body works differently, but Atkins has been the answer for me. Lowering my carbohydrate intake started working right away. It only took me 4 months to drop 16 pounds, and then some traveling, Thanksgiving and Christmas came along and things slowed. I am back to a regular exercise schedule, which I haven't done in many years, and it has been easier than I expected to maintain this low-carb habit. I love to cook and bake, so when I get the urge, I just take it to work, and everyone there devours it, and I can have just a little bit, without a whole cake or pie in the fridge, calling my name. Congrats again to everyone.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 12, 2013
1:18 PM

Post #9447135

Thanks for the "congrats". We need a lot of that, to encourage ourselves and each other :-)
MaypopLaurel
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA
(Zone 7b)

March 12, 2013
3:24 PM

Post #9447260

Kudos to all for your perseverance. I yoyo up and down five or even ten pounds but that's it. Still, it's a struggle to stay at ideal weight and I panic when the pounds start inching up. Like Happytail, I love to cook. Aside from entertaining a lot I have a small catering business. I'm the proverbial Jewish mama Susan is referring to. Thankfully all my kids are thin. They always dragged their friends home for me to feed. Our house had spare kids most nights when ours hit their teens. It's been ten years since the youngest left the nest but the old friends still drop by (and sometimes stay for dinner). I like to think my kids don't have weight issues because of the kind of food they grew up eating...what came from our garden and not so much meat. Fast food is two "f" words not allowed in our house. There was a time the kids were put out about their friends' dining on McD's while they suffered family dinner and that there were never any sodas in the house but now they are all great cooks and thank me for steering the course. My husband comes from a family where everyone ranged from obese to morbidly obese. His weight is normal but he spent years switching from the diet he grew up on to the one I grew up on and learning to like it. There were no options. :)

Sweets don't excite me but I love my starches. I limit refined starches like bread and pasta but eat tons of beans, rice and potatoes. I'd rather have a bowl (or two) of beans and rice than cake or pastry. We have about a third of an acre dedicated to our kitchen garden in N. GA. and grow three seasons of produce. Physically it's a labor intensive project.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

March 12, 2013
5:16 PM

Post #9447376

Laurel, if I could/ would eat what you describe I likely would not have developed the FAT problem. However, exercise is an iffy business for me between arthritis and exercise induced asthma, it creates challenges. I have a terrible sugar addiction that is alway attempting to take over my life. Challenges or not... our health is our responsibility.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 12, 2013
5:33 PM

Post #9447401

ah Laurel... the last sentence is the most "telling"... you don't have much in the way of weight gain problems because you're doing physical work in your garden! AND you get to reap the benefits in garden-fresh produce! Lucky you!
When I had a veggie garden, I used to go out and fill the largest bowl I could, with fresh leaf lettuce. Wash it, add a little salt, and nummmmmmmers!!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 12, 2013
7:00 PM

Post #9447499

Ok... having a "brain freeze"...
I have a top that's 50" wide, and the backing is only 45" wide. So, I'm going to add a border on each side of the backing to extend it.
I have material that's 14" wide.
I know that I need to have the back wider than the top, and I would like to use all 7" on each side sew it "balances". Otherwise I'd have a skinny border, right?
Sew, I'm thinking my 45" backing should be narrower then I can use all the border. What width should I cut the 45" down to????
Hope I'm being clear...

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 12, 2013
7:46 PM

Post #9447548

your fine by adding the 7" on each side.top is 49 and 3/4 adding 6 and 3/4" will give you 56 and 1/2 " all told.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 12, 2013
7:50 PM

Post #9447552

56 1/2? why so large? Wouldn't it be only 1" wider on each side of the 49" so that I could add a binding afterwards?
Or were you considering that this is the binding?!

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 12, 2013
7:59 PM

Post #9447559

ou are saying you have 50" (less seam allowance 1/4") 49 - 3/4
adding 7" on each side (6-3/4 less seam allowance) gives you 56 - 1/2"
You need wider in n order to quilt - on frame- machine quilt - or otherwise.
Cutting it back will add exactly the same amount of " on each side. Sadly in order for this to come out squared off you'll cut some fabric off and add your binding- 2-1/2' cut on the WOF and strips sewn together on a bias. ironedin half and sewn on to the final size desired.

wait with this explanation until other opinions

Keep in mind top to bottom should be add'l inches before quilting...

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 12, 2013
8:17 PM

Post #9447577

Actually, I have 48" (less 1/2" seam allowance = 47 1/2" top).
I will be hand quilting.
I thought I would have an overlap of 1" on all 4 sides, with wider batting, and then add the binding...

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 12, 2013
8:18 PM

Post #9447579

te other thing I like to do is add the missing in the centerand than iron everything and go from ther. you'll still have about 5-6' extra fabric. In quilting that's what she wrote.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 12, 2013
8:21 PM

Post #9447584

aha - never thought about adding in the center - that sounds SO much easier...

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 12, 2013
8:22 PM

Post #9447586

I want to give a Heartfelt THANK YOU to you, Helene!

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 12, 2013
8:23 PM

Post #9447587

not in any quilting it is best not to be too cheap about extra fabric, You'll see. handquilting almost more so unless you have it framed in a quilt shop...I cringe at the fabric loss...
let is hang out
You have to learn how to do binding - it's extra - its extra $$$ but beautiful if added properly.

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 12, 2013
8:24 PM

Post #9447590

center is not easier but gives you a better look. than proceed keeping all the extra as I mentioned in my next post (overlapped) Bid you good night

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 12, 2013
8:28 PM

Post #9447593

Just realized - 1/2 hour ago I cut the fabric in 1/2 lengthwise, so have only option of putting on outside of backing.
I have a tutorial on binding, so not worried about that...

Thank you, and have a good night's sleep!

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 12, 2013
8:33 PM

Post #9447598

do the math 7" in the center migh work. just put your backing , add the 7" in the middle allowing 1/2" seam allowance and than the other side of the backing. see where you land. it may work. It should work

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 12, 2013
10:17 PM

Post #9447667

Thanks a lot, Helene - I'm comfortable with it now - I was a bit worried before...
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 13, 2013
3:48 AM

Post #9447726

Even if hand quilting w/out a frame, the back needs to be more than 1" larger than the top. It will "shrink up" as you quilt.
MaypopLaurel
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA
(Zone 7b)

March 13, 2013
4:33 AM

Post #9447735

I leave 2"-4" on each side and cut the batting to the size of the backing.

Remember you will have a seam allowance on two sides and in two directions when adding that extra fabric.

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 13, 2013
4:45 AM

Post #9447740

I actually have the same dilema with the backing for the circus quilt I showed. I'll insert a different fabric from the collection (the red) giving it a stripe in the middle.
thats as creative I want to be

Thumbnail by helenethequeen

Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 13, 2013
4:57 AM

Post #9447744

One of the things a LA quilter really does not appreciate is when a customer needs to make their backing just a bit bigger and puts a narrow border around the outer edge. It's fine if the backing "border" comes in 3-4" so we can center the quilt top, there is a border on the, back, and if the quilt is a bit "off center of the backing" it is not obvious. But when they do it so that the border is less than 1", it is nearly impossible to get the top centered. Once rolled on the LA machine, we can't "see" that backing.

Putting a strip down the center, or wide border on the sides does indeed make us much happier and out job much easier.

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 13, 2013
5:33 AM

Post #9447765

not to bore you with another Tuna Can Pin Cushion Picture, just to say;anyone interested I have a lite tute with instructions and pattern available...

Thumbnail by helenethequeen

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 13, 2013
5:34 AM

Post #9447766

Oh how cute, I would love to know how to do this! Thanks!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 13, 2013
8:56 AM

Post #9447977

I had a long conversation last night with my sister Alice, in Winnipeg, about my Mom...
After the fiasco last fall when they (3 sisters and 1 brother) took our Mom to a few Senior's Residences and my Mom was too frail to live there, and she's not ready for a Care Home, they've found what they call an Intermediate Personal Care Home - only one in Manitoba. http://www.thorcare.ca/
There are 65 rooms, so it's nice and cozy. The Administrator will hold a room for Mom, but they have to know by Monday. They haven't mentioned anything to Mom yet, because of the disappointment last fall, so (and here's the tricky part) they will have a meeting with the 4 siblings, and get the paperwork done, and if she's accepted, THEN they'll have one of them tell her. Not all at once, because she'd feel "ganged up on", and not sure which one would tell her. I SO wish I were there to talk to her too...
Anyway, we're keeping it among the siblings, and I've been asked not to even tell my daughter.
Once she's been accepted, then she would be able to move quite quickly - the bed sitting room would be having rent paid, so she may as well move in as soon as possible.
At first my brother (whom she lives with now) was saying it was mostly HIS decision, but my sister Ruth said "She's OUR mother, not just yours" and that shut him up! He was prepared not to like the place, but then he saw it on Monday and, according to the Administrator he's "totally turned around and is in favour of it". Especially when he heard they play Cribbage every day LOL

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

March 13, 2013
12:25 PM

Post #9448137

I'm hoping for GOOD things for you and your mother. It's not easy Susan, prayers for you all.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 13, 2013
12:57 PM

Post #9448164

Susan, see we have a new Pope
Thrilled with the choice, so down to earth.. Pope Francis 1, name chosen re St. Francis Exavier

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 13, 2013
2:57 PM

Post #9448270

OH, thought he was named for St. Francis of Assisi... Going to Google St. Francis Xavier, and see what HE was famous for...

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 13, 2013
2:59 PM

Post #9448272

Here's what I found out:
Francis Xavier, born Francisco de Jasso y Azpilicueta (7 April 1506 3 December 1552) was a Roman Catholic missionary born in the Kingdom of Navarre (now part of Spain) and co-founder of the Society of Jesus. He was a student of Ignatius of Loyola and one of the first seven Jesuits, dedicated at Montmartre in 1534.[1] He led an extensive mission into Asia, mainly in the Portuguese Empire of the time. He was influential in the spreading and upkeep of Catholicism most notably in India, but also ventured into Japan, Borneo, the Moluccas, and other areas which had thus far not been visited by Christian missionaries. In these areas, being a pioneer and struggling to learn the local languages in the face of opposition, he had less success than he had enjoyed in India. It was a goal of Xavier to one day reach China.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Xavier

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 13, 2013
3:27 PM

Post #9448299

Yes and our new Pope is the first Jesuit to become Pope

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 13, 2013
3:42 PM

Post #9448314

well, don't think he's a Jesuit, is he? The first St. Francis of Assisi was the First Jesuit

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

March 13, 2013
4:48 PM

Post #9448405

Pope Francis is a Jesuit . The first St Francis was never a Pope.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 13, 2013
9:09 PM

Post #9448615

ok
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 14, 2013
4:24 AM

Post #9448732

I really do make quilts, just never think to get pics off of whatever I use to take pics!!!

The log cabin is the Sandy Quilt. A few of the blocks came from a woman in Australia.

The other is a fun quilt I did as a donation to the Sheriff's Dept thru the guild.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 14, 2013
4:26 AM

Post #9448733

guess attaching pics would help

OOOPPPSSSS...the fun quilt is not on the iPod so no pic!!!!

Thumbnail by Qwilter

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 14, 2013
5:00 AM

Post #9448757

That's a very nice quilt, Jean!
The Fun Quilt was appreciated by the Sheriff's dep't I'm sure!! What would the Sheriff's dept use it for?

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 14, 2013
5:01 AM

Post #9448759

Very pretty Jean!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

March 14, 2013
5:02 AM

Post #9448760

Jean, I love the way you interspersed the courthouse steps blocks with the log cabin ones. It really looks great and i know it will be loved...

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 14, 2013
5:02 AM

Post #9448761

Susan, your up early?

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 14, 2013
5:04 AM

Post #9448764

I usually get up this time - 4:30 on weekdays - because Bob gets up then...he's off to work now.

I need to go to Walmart to get some bread machine yeast - mine is almost 2 years out of date and bread I made with it Did Not Rise lol
They open in an hour, at 7am

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 14, 2013
5:17 AM

Post #9448771

Our wal mart is open 24/7. I love the smell of fresh bread!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 14, 2013
5:22 AM

Post #9448776

Our Walmart is only open 24/7 during Christmas rush.
I have lots of cranberry sauce and also buttermilk (bought by mistake when I should have gotten homogenized...)
So, I'm going to make 2 loaves of bread to use them up. Didn't discover I had buttermilk until it poured thick on my porridge... yuck! Now trying to figure out recipes to make with it.
Taking homemade bread to Bible Study today, if I can get it done in time, which is why I'm waiting for Walmart.
Phoned our local 7-11 convenience store, and they're open 24/7... but when I asked for Bread Machine Yeast, she said..."What's Bread Machine". I said "Thank you anyway"... didn't want to have to explain, word by word, what I was asking about... siiiiiiiiigh
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 14, 2013
5:31 AM

Post #9448784

The Sheriff's dept gives the quilts to kids who are "victims". So in case of crime, abuse, fire, any situation where the child is removed from a home. They also give the child a pillowcase so they can "pack" anything they want to take with them.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 14, 2013
5:43 AM

Post #9448795

That's a wonderful thing to do, Jean! Both on your part, and the part of the Sheriff's Dept!!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 14, 2013
5:51 AM

Post #9448800

Love the quilt top Jean..will be treasured for sure..

My kids say I'm a camera fanatic, camera almost always in my hand!!

bitter cold here this morning, after a few warmer days you really feel it in your bones..brrr

Finally, had a good night's rest, feel all the better for it, sure hated to get out of bed, felt as though I could have slept till noon..highly unlikely but I felt I could have when the alarm went off.

Was up, taking my time when I thought if I had sewn a border on the morning glory quilt I could have had something to hand sew while at work..jumped right to it, was running wayyy behind but in the end got to work with 2 minutes to spare..will drink my timmies and eat BLT then take the quilt out.

Thanks for reminding me Susan, I do need to get bread machine yeast as well..
Ohhh you get to make that return call this morning re job..bet you are watching the clock

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 14, 2013
7:16 AM

Post #9448915

I called twice this am re: job, and got her voice mail.

I have a loaf of Cranberry bread in the Bread Maker but not happy about it. I put a loaf in last night so I could take it to Bible Study today, and the yeast was too old, so got a "Lump" today. This new loaf won't be done in time :-(
But, I wanted to make it anyway. I will be taking some bread to our "May Fare" bazaar & bake sale (May 4th), and want to be sure that it's good... Guess Bob is going to enjoy some homemade bread for the next while LOL
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 14, 2013
8:24 AM

Post #9448976

Very pretty quilt Jean. I am beginning to think I might be needing to buy a new camera. The one I have is starting to do wierd things...guess this should be a sign to replace it.

Bright, beautiful sunshine out but not sure of the temps. Working on getting some clutter put away, then hopefully will go out for a while.
MaypopLaurel
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA
(Zone 7b)

March 14, 2013
8:29 AM

Post #9448979

Beautiful quilt , Jean. Love the colors.

We are going to the cottage today to start work on the Spring garden. Hope I won't be too pooped to stitch a little at night.

Susan, my fingers are crossed for you!
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 14, 2013
12:24 PM

Post #9449199

Tilled my garden this AM & a friend's this afternoon. Actually, her Son tilled & we pulled up roots & raked. I will sleep well tonite. Now to sit & decide what all I want to plant...plan to put vegetables & flowers in together.
evelyn_inthegarden
Sierra Foothills, CA
(Zone 8a)

March 14, 2013
12:43 PM

Post #9449224

Please do take pictures of your garden, from start to finish...if you will.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 14, 2013
1:34 PM

Post #9449294

I still haven't heard from the Agency in Toronto. I've called 3x, and now it's up to her to call me back...

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 14, 2013
1:39 PM

Post #9449308

Jean, have you heard of companion planting? I saw this on Facebook the other day.

[HYPERLINK@www.earlmay.com]
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 14, 2013
2:10 PM

Post #9449371

Linda kay - thanks - I'd never seen one of these charts. I have planted radish & carrots btwn tows of tomatoes. Pull the beets & carrots & you give the tomato roots more room to spread.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

March 14, 2013
6:18 PM

Post #9449643

I feel bad that I have avoided vegetables... I don't have much "spare time" so what I plant and maintain is always flowers. Last year for the first time in YEARS, I put in tomato plants. I planted them in the raised beds and they didn't produce much. I hate to think what it "cost us" by the time we hired some help to get the raised boxes ready, added manure etc...
Anyhow, when BF sent me all those bulbs I filled the raised beds with them. It was SOOOO late to get them in and the ground wasn't prepared when I would have wanted them. The guy I hired to pull sod etc kept rescheduling so I just did the best I could by weeding and preparing the raised beds to accept the bulbs.

My sewing machine is on the fritz. The timing is off or something, it's breaking new needles so off it goes for maintaince.

Best of luck Susan! Let us know.

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 15, 2013
12:09 AM

Post #9449874

here are some pictures of my gardens in Upstate NY. All Shade plants.

http://inbrewstergarden.shutterfly.com/42

this site will expire

This message was edited Mar 15, 2013 2:25 AM

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 15, 2013

Post #9449917

Beautiful gardens..hosta lover I can see..tremendous amount of work!

So want to be out gardening...

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

March 15, 2013
4:49 AM

Post #9449942

Just beautiful Helene!!! It must have been so hard to leave them...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 15, 2013
5:25 AM

Post #9449974

Snowing and blowing here, good day to make room for the quilting frame..need 100" x 40" wide..big sigh, guess I will have to rid myself of 1 working table or fit it in somehow..usually the 5 tables are always in use..this area would be the less invasive in the craft room for storing or working on a quilt... purge/purge/purge comes to mind as I look at the task at hand.

Morning Glory Quilt can now be put away, had thought of quilting and binding the Round Robin Christmas Quilt but making room for the frame is more important at the moment..not sure it will be put together until I return from Florida but maybe a hint to Greg that it would be nice returning home and seeing it together might work lol

Thumbnail by Bettypauze   Thumbnail by Bettypauze   Thumbnail by Bettypauze      
Click an image for an enlarged view.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 15, 2013
5:42 AM

Post #9449991

Betty, that morning glory quilt is beautiful!
How are you feeling today?
Sure wish we were all closer to help you move things around.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 15, 2013
5:49 AM

Post #9450000

Beautiful Gardens Helene :) Hosta and lilies together are just wonderful. I have tried a few hosta here in my yard and they just do not do well at all :(

Betty the Morning glory quilt is wonderful !! it looks right at home on that bed .

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 15, 2013
6:06 AM

Post #9450022

than I also had sun loving perenials, some berry bushesgoosberry currant.Vegtable garden more than 20 Peony bushes, some 10 different types and colors. Tree peonies, Had fun. Hostas were interpleanted with hardy ginger and ferns. In summer I threw in some impatients. yes hard to leave it behind. early spring snow drops where underplated everywhere. Talking about snow drops - it the only bulbous plant that likes to be divided while blooming. I thought that was interesting.
Hostas need frost in order to come back. There one or two species that will work in Fl. One tiny one "snow drops"is one of them. Like milder climate

Tha morning glory is a stunner. Took some work but turned out awesome
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 15, 2013
6:10 AM

Post #9450023

Betty - drop the quilt off at my house on the way down. I'll quilt it & you can pick it up on your way back north!!!!

I have 2 hostas I need to remember to plant in the next couple days. I have a mostly sunny spot where they will hopefully be happy. They were very inexpensive so won't be upset if they don't like the FL summer. But this is a shady, drier spot.

Going to pull weeds at 2 places the next 2 mornings. Chilly (40ish) out this AM so need to put the sweatshirt back on. And tomorrow we are starting at 8AM!!!! Not my idea!!!!! And will be a bit chilly at that hour.

And I'm so far behind on some quilting projects... Just too much to do this time of year. Oh, did I mention getting top soil delivered next week?!?!?!?!?!!?

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI

March 15, 2013
6:12 AM

Post #9450025

Beautiful gardens, I guess I had a perfect place for hostas down state,(deep shade northwest corner) They were gigantic every year. Hubby brought home coffee grounds from work and I sprinkled them liberally as the hostas were coming up, Slugs never bothered them.

Betty, The morning glory quilt is spectacular. I can't imagine it being any better. After it's quilted, you can drop it off here and I'll guard it for you.

This message was edited Mar 15, 2013 8:15 AM

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 15, 2013
6:21 AM

Post #9450032

deep deep shade for hostas. Fl sun will burn them. The other part is they need frost to come back.

I lived on a what was a quaint street aand became a thorough fare for communters.
I had people stop to ask if they can walk through the property. One older neighbor scolded me if I made changes in the front. It was his garden, he lived in apt with son and passed every day. Yes it was fun

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 15, 2013
6:30 AM

Post #9450046

Too funny, guess you can't see all the quilting, will take closer photo..it's 100% done. Lol. And I'm glad of it..

LindaKay sure would take you up on it, what a mess I'm making..managing to keep the 5th table only by taking edge up of other tables so not sure I'm benefiting in additional table space.

It would be so nice if some wouldn't bring all their craft materials here..sad grin..in order to clean one area I have to get into another..2 large framed shelf units in the woodworking room, likely have to get in there to clean so I can find space for their binders/totes etc. sounding more like a 3 day project to me..

If for no other reason about getting excited about the frame is the organizing of these rooms..someone suggested I put the frame in the family room that is never used but not about to do that..thought about dismantling the kitting machine and putting it under beds in boys room with the other 3 but don't want to do that sooo
Let's see what I come up with

Like I said, I'd rather be in my gardens..man who does my metal garden art called me Thursday to say he had a lovely piece he knew I'd want, told him I'd be away for a bit, don't need any encouraging...all this talk of gardens sure has put me on a downer, would love to be outside looking at pretty flowers/shrubs/hosta's even though it's far more work than sewing/quilting

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 15, 2013
6:42 AM

Post #9450065

It all makes for a well rounded human being.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 15, 2013
6:42 AM

Post #9450066

Sounds like your going to be busy organizing everything. Sounds like you need an addition to the house built??? :-) Or more of us to come and help you clean, and take what you don't use? 3 knitting machines, 2 under the bed with your crane stained glass?

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 15, 2013
6:43 AM

Post #9450067

LOL

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 15, 2013
6:44 AM

Post #9450068

Sorry if I incorrect Helene, does it mean you no longer have the gardens or you will be back come spring..

Many of my hosta's do well in sun but guess its now as strong as yours..so many to divide and transplant this year

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 15, 2013
6:45 AM

Post #9450074

Ahhhh shucks LindaKay you had to mention to 3' stained glass crane that has been resting for 5 years..

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

March 15, 2013
6:50 AM

Post #9450079

Well that was my house in Brewster NY. I now reside in Fl/and NJ with my DD - we do water gardenning there and shade Coping with deer as it is very rural. We sold that house 4 years ago.although those pix were taken about 4 years ago, my health has declined so that I cannot do work on such a scale. Huge back issues. Oh I had some Hosta in sun "Golden Tiara) did quite well.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 15, 2013
6:54 AM

Post #9450086

Helene - Your NY gardens are awesome! Makes me want to sit on the bench with my morning coffee and a book, drinking it in... so peaceful... great start and end to the day...

Betty - that quilting is sooooo pretty - both the stitching, and the morning glories...!! I know that you machine quilt (and beautifully, too!!) and that's one reason you're so FAST!! You're almost a "production line" LOL

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 15, 2013
6:58 AM

Post #9450094

yes Helene - they've done a lot of work on sun-loving hostas nowadays.
ah well - time marches on and I don't think any of us can do what we used to, 4 years ago, let alone 20 years ago...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 15, 2013
7:02 AM

Post #9450105

Thanks for the info Helene, will have to mark golden tiara as a must..new hosta nursery so am anxious to pick up a few new species..

Let's just say LindaKay I'm thrilled with the new bed skirts that hide a multitude of sins..should really sell a few of the machines but just can't seem to..what surprises my kids will have if something should happen to me. Lol

They are right in saying day of my death first call is to have a commercial garbage vpbin brought to the door..

House is neat and clean, just don't look in closets and under the beds

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 15, 2013
7:05 AM

Post #9450108

If I move quicker in cleaning Susan, I could play with my round robin quilt which was on today's task list..

Dead on about not being able to get as much done..guess that is why I'm looking for someone to rake and get ponds up and running..now see if you lived closer you would not have to look for work

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 15, 2013
7:10 AM

Post #9450118

lol Thanks for the thought, Betty - I love cleaning up gardens and putting them to "rights". It's so satisfying and instant gratification before the true beauty of the growing/blooming garden.
I've done some friend's yards/gardens, but no one can afford to have it regularly, and unfortunately I don't have enough knee flexibility to do it full time...

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 15, 2013
7:23 AM

Post #9450160

NOW OPEN, come and check it out!
DJ9 2013 SPRING - FALL PLANT SWAP
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1302498/

2013 annual froggie swap is open, come and check it out, lots of fun!
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1302502/

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 15, 2013
7:41 AM

Post #9450196

Will head over to the swaps LindaKay

things are getting progressively worse..went into the woodworking room and there are about 100 pieces of bought wood painting surfaces just sitting there..drats and more drats, I'd better stop quilting and start painting..gave up painting as my kids/friends said 'no room for more' and as I love doing trompe l'oeil on furniture that put an end to that..maybe a summer craft garage sale will be in order.

even found 2 floor mats partially painted, should finish them, could serve as a gift at some point..even found 3' long gourds, goodness to Betsy not sure what I was going to paint on them..

am I boring you yet, just say the word..need someone to complain to lol

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

March 15, 2013
7:49 AM

Post #9450211

I know that spot Betty and it looks so different without the table!!!! Love the mats - you really should finish them. They would make great sale items just because they are so different than anything you can buy...

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 15, 2013
8:05 AM

Post #9450227

I agree, Betty - they are unique!! Should fetch a good price :-)

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 15, 2013
8:12 AM

Post #9450232

know you are purging as well Barb, wish you were here though I could send some your way, especially floormats as Norm is such an expert in painting them..lol

I must have 30 frames, why on earth do I have 30 frames??? am taking 2 steps forward and 3 back it seems

Not sure I'm gaining keeping the 5th table, am sure the girls will come up with something..

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 15, 2013
8:13 AM

Post #9450233

You have to have the right market for them that is why I usually paint and give them away..not sure what is on the one with the matt that isn't yet sketched, almost think a little critter..lol

Break over, best I get back to work

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 15, 2013
8:33 AM

Post #9450242

I know they have a Craft Fair every November, in Toronto. Do they have one in Victoria Harbour?
My MIL & her sister used to make all sorts of crafts, and travel from London to Toronto every year. They had their own, regular, table. They did very well, too. My MIL passed away in 2002, and my FIL in 2004, so I have no idea where the Fair was... or if it's still running.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 15, 2013
8:43 AM

Post #9450249

Lot of craft shows Susan, just takes too much energy and I'm not up to it...besides as with quilting you never get $$$ out of it, much prefer giving it and it be appreciated..know many of you feel the same..

I remember painting a clock, wood piece and chimes cost me about $150 and about 20 hrs of painting..Someone dropped in one day all excited and said they would vice me $100 to make them one, meaning the entire piece..hello, cost me more to buy the supplies than $100' some just don't know the cost of supplies let alone hours put into a project..I kept it lol still hanging in my living room..
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 15, 2013
9:04 AM

Post #9450269

For Nat'l Quilting Day...

Beginning on Friday, March 15 through Sunday, March 17, everyone will have free access to over 120 of our internet shows at http://www.thequiltshow.com.. You can watch the shows, check out the great tutorials, browse the gallery of over 19,900 member quilts, visit the forum for answers to the most burning quilt questions and lots, lots more.
You can also enter the TQS prize drawing with fantastic prizes from companies we know and love like Bernina, Gammill, Superior Threads, AccuQuilt, C&T Publishing, RJR Fabric, and Ricky and Alex will have gift baskets to give away too. The grand prize is a new Bernina 550QE sewing machine!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 15, 2013
9:07 AM

Post #9450277

Ohhh must mark this on my list of to do's

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 15, 2013
9:13 AM

Post #9450283

I know what you mean re: value put in, vs amount people will pay.
When I was in my 20's, I did a lot of embroidery. I was a stay-at-home mom, and young families could always use more $$...
I put an advertisement in the newspaper (Edmonton), and got 1 call. The young woman wanted an all-over embroidery on her wedding dress (bodice and sleeves). It would take many hours to completely cover the material. I was going to charge $150 or so, and she freaked. I remember she was going to give me an amount that would be about $1.50/hr, and the minimum wage was about $6.50/hr.
I hope she found the dress she wanted, but there was no way I would "give away" my skills...
She likely got a machine embroidered piece, from a factory.

lanakila

lanakila
Holly Springs, NC
(Zone 7b)

March 15, 2013
9:18 AM

Post #9450290

Qwilter, thanks for the note about the free classes!!! I'm having a great time watching. :)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 15, 2013
9:27 AM

Post #9450306

Last year a friend on facebook asked me if I would make her king size quilt, I told her no problem, she had to supply all the fabric, thread, and batting, then told her it would have to be quilted, after I put the quilt together, as I don't have a long arm. I told her I would charge $100.00 for my time to cut and make the quilt. Well a few weeks later she got back with me, and told me she had been shopping, and had not realized all that went into making a quilt, and told me never mind.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 15, 2013
9:32 AM

Post #9450313

Jean - I signed up, but can't find the link to WATCH them... just info... will have to click around

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 15, 2013
9:33 AM

Post #9450315

taters55 wrote:Last year a friend on facebook asked me if I would make her king size quilt, I told her no problem, she had to supply all the fabric, thread, and batting, then told her it would have to be quilted, after I put the quilt together, as I don't have a long arm. I told her I would charge $100.00 for my time to cut and make the quilt. Well a few weeks later she got back with me, and told me she had been shopping, and had not realized all that went into making a quilt, and told me never mind.

That sounds about right, LK - people just don't realize how much work they're delegating to an expert to do their work for them...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 15, 2013
10:01 AM

Post #9450336

that is why it gives me so much joy just to give an item..sounds crazy, you would think that a few $$$ would be better than no $$$ but not!

Made headway, just don't know what to do with all these frames other than burn them..did keep the best of the lot, hung in the computer room..I did say purge/purge/purge right..

hoping the spend the evening looking at the link..by 3pm need to be washed up, looking presentable and off to stained glass studio..boss (BIL) Paul wants me to matke a match to the lamp I gave him several years ago, if I cannot find the same glass I'll have to make 2..drats

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 15, 2013
10:28 AM

Post #9450349

I made a quilt once, as a Thank You, to my cousin Cher. They helped us to buy this home we're in, when we moved to Calgary. Heck, they Found us this place - were running around all over the city to find a place for us to move to. When our place in Winnipeg hadn't sold, we didn't have the $$ to buy this place. Timings and rules are different in Alberta than in Manitoba. In Manitoba you could be living in a place for 6 weeks before your $$ is sent to the vendor. It's kept in escrow until all the paperwork is done. And you don't see the $$ from Your place for the same time span. We moved here in August of '06, and our place didn't sell until end of Oct, and the $$ came through the end of November '06. We were still "short" $10k afterwards (pay the movers - we didn't get our belongings until Dec 13th; setup of utilities, etc, etc, etc), so they took payments every month. It was kinda hard as I'd lost the job I had when I moved, and Bob's boss "took" him for $5k. We only had $50 when we moved, and it took a couple of years to get out of the rut.
We owed them a lot more than money, so I was happy to give them the quilt. I suppose the material alone (If I'd had to pay for it...) would cost $250.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 15, 2013
10:52 AM

Post #9450367

Am sure they cherished it as it was given in appreciation of all they had done for you..you sure haven't had an easy time of it!!! sending hugs..

well, finished for today, won't do more until I'm sure the quilt frame will fit where I cleaned.

even got to keep the knitting machine set up

MaypopLaurel
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA
(Zone 7b)

March 15, 2013
11:51 AM

Post #9450413

We are having a beautiful weather week with highs touching seventy. A few hours of fresh mountain air knocked me out last night so no stitching was done. Boo me. Got the first two sections of the kitchen garden tilled. I'm getting ready to go out and start planting mustards turnips, collards, kale, chard, lettuces, radishes, red and green cabbage. Need to hand dig the fence lines for snow, snap and English peas. I grow annuals among the veggies and perennials and herbs on the slopes of the steps. Below the kitchen garden are the fruits...apples, pears and figs and then on the next step are the raspberries, blueberries and a few wild mulberry trees on the edge of the woods. I used to grow a lot of perennials, including bulbs , especially Asiatic lilies but what the deer don't eat the moles and voles do. We have fenced several acres around the house and garden to deter the deer but they can jump six foot farm fence. We have short English wattle-style fences around the kitchen garden to keep the dogs out but once the deer jump the big fences they get to the little wooden ones and tear them up. SO rebuilds them every year from tree thinnings on the property. The remaining acreage is a conservation habitat with hardwood trees and woodland wildflowers. We maintain the riding and walking trails. Mother Nature does the rest.

I am a big seed saver and swapper. My garden involves few if any purchased plants. I start summer vegetables on heat mats in the Atlanta basement and grow them under lights 'til they are ready to plant out. That began March 2nd with red and green cabbage, broccoli, tomatoes and peppers. I'll start eggplants this week.

Right now the forsythia and helebores are in bloom (pic 2 and 3). The winter iris bloomed in January and February and we are awaiting the spring iris (pic 4). It's impossible to take one photo of the whole garden though I can get a good shot at some point from the upstairs bathroom window. Pic 5 is the entrance corner to the kitchen garden last summer.

Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel   Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel   Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel   Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel   Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI

March 15, 2013
11:58 AM

Post #9450420

I've been asked many times over the years if I would make something for someone, they would "pay". Well my standard answer was " sorry I only sew for love not money" I had enough kids then grands and now greats to keep my self plenty busy. I only sewed for one wedding outside the family and it was for a dear friends daughter I considered family.

Siiiiigh, we are still deep in winter here. Very cold 25-35 and we get some snow every day. It will be late May before we can trust to have anything outside. I have to laugh, because we are right next to lake Michigan I hear all the time...Oh it's only lake effect snow...I fail to see a difference.

This message was edited Mar 15, 2013 2:04 PM

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 15, 2013
12:38 PM

Post #9450457

Betty, looks like you were very busy today! What is the last picture please?
Laurel, your gardens sounds very nice, sure wish I had the soil here to have a veggie garden.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 15, 2013
12:54 PM

Post #9450473

They are wonderful family - Cher & Rod...
thanks for the hugs, Betty :-)

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 15, 2013
2:07 PM

Post #9450550

Back from stained glass shop and confirmed just what we were speaking of
GLASS alone. $82.32
Then there will be foil and solder, likely $45
Priced the base. $129.99+. 13%. Tax
0 for labour

Know he wants it to match the one I made him for a gift but wonder if he has any idea what the gift cost me, likely not...

Karen, that is about when we can do limited planting as well..near Georgian Bay. Lol

Lovely Larel, I so envy you having such beauties already!
Almost went to open a photo up and thought, best I wait until I post or I'll lose it..want to come sit n your garden..

LindaKay, we're you asking about last photo I posted or Larel's...if mine, it's stained glass area and tools

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 15, 2013
2:15 PM

Post #9450565

Larel, absolutely love how you've strung your plants..so country looking ..can envision a lady of means wearing a large brim hat with basket in her hand picking the crops..

Gardens covered in that white stuff here...best I go look at pictures from last year

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 15, 2013
2:52 PM

Post #9450610

Wow, that is an expensive hobby Beety, yes I was asking about your last picture.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 15, 2013
3:02 PM

Post #9450621

I miss the forthysia, daffodils & tulips. I did buy a couple potted tulips last month. Have some nice daffodil fabric that I need to put into a Spring quilt. Now out to finish painting the porch floor.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

March 15, 2013
3:09 PM

Post #9450629

You did a great job on the room Betty. It looks really nice. Are you planning on putting the long arm in the area going into the saw area? Are the ladies painting at all or are they waiting for Darlene to come home? I know you said some were sewing now...
Glad to hear you are home safely Deb.
Laurel your gardens must be a LOT of work. Can't wait to see you spring iris...
Thank you for the link Jean!!!
MaypopLaurel
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA
(Zone 7b)

March 15, 2013
3:23 PM

Post #9450637

Karen, think about all you are getting done indoors and not being distracted by weather.

Linda Kay, I had your garden issues living in FL.; soil, heat and nematodes.

Susan, you are doubly blessed with angels Cher and Rod on your shoulder.

Betty, now we know why artists are starving. It's the cost of materials. Maybe on your trip down or back you can come sit in my garden. I am not too far off 85. It looks like we'll be hosting our fourth annual RU here in early June. Meanwhile, we're racing to get the cool weather veggies in because we will be in FL for a few weeks by the end of the month. Meanwhile, I don't know about being a lady of means. More like a lady who means it. lol

Since Pat has opened this thread to yakking here are a few more photos. Pat, tell me to stop if I'm too off topic. The first is me in the cottage kitchen with a small sample of the day's bounty. The second is the kitchen garden looking relatively tame in mid season. Third is Super Sweety groping my tomatoes (no wisecracks here). Fourth is food among the flowers (tomatoes in background, squashes creeping out under old fashioned mixed zinnias and purple flowered Thai basil, pickling cukes in the left foreground. Last is the center garden path. Our bedroom is on the main floor to the right of the cottage so when I get up in the morning I get to look out on my garden. Most mornings it is glorious. Sometimes, because we are in the mountains there is this ethereal coating of clouds but when I draw back the curtains and see Bambi & kin it makes me apoplectic.

I need to post an update on the naming quilt.

Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel   Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel   Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel   Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel   Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel

Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 15, 2013
3:57 PM

Post #9450666

Need to drive around & look at yard sales tomorrow. I need plant stands, some sort of shelving for the new porch, garden stuff... Need to scrub down the wicker chairs & re-paint those tomorrow. I think I need to hire an assistant or clone myself (Multiplicity is one of my favorite movies).
And then there is the quilting waiting for me!!!!! Yes, if I could charge what I was "worth", I'd not have to work nearly as hard!!!!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 15, 2013
4:03 PM

Post #9450677

Beautiful gardens to say the least, love the photo of you Laurel, nice to put a face to a name..so many veggies, lucky you.

When I was at the farm and on the lake always had veggie gardens mostly because Roger did a lot of canning, but now I'm on my own its just flowers/flowers.

Barb, no the girls have not painted since Darlene left, they like me have painted and given so much that what do you do with the darn stuff so Pat has been teaching them to sew..be a big change once Darlene returns. No, won't put the frame n the woodworking area, Lordy what a mess that would make seeing I'm always cutting wood for some kind of project..I cleaned the area in front of the paints, just in front of the bookshelves, plenty of room I believe at lest for the 100 or so inches long, if longer ooops now what.

LindaKay,think the main colored hand rolled lava glass was about $22 sq foot so yes, expensive hobby.

This message was edited Mar 15, 2013 6:04 PM

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 15, 2013
4:03 PM

Post #9450679

well Laurel... if it weren't for Cher & Rod, we wouldn't have come out to Calgary, and MAY have been better off... if I'd waited awhile longer for a job...
BUT - seeing as how we're here, when our house wall rotted, and Bob was alone to fix it and the roof, they came by twice to help. They're a wonderful couple, are my cousin and her DH!
MaypopLaurel
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA
(Zone 7b)

March 15, 2013
4:09 PM

Post #9450688

Jean, what's the status of your porch enclosure? Did you get things squared away with the builder? Is he still living and breathing? Is it time to meet up for some serious orchid shopping?
MaypopLaurel
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA
(Zone 7b)

March 15, 2013
4:10 PM

Post #9450693

Susan, sorry we cross posted. They sound like gold and I think you appreciate their love.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 15, 2013
4:12 PM

Post #9450696

yes, I appreciate them so much...

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI

March 15, 2013
6:20 PM

Post #9450808

Sadly Laurel, When we thought we had the house sold and were closing in another week, I started packing my sewing room. There is a small chance we might have another buyer so I don't want to unpack. I passed on a swap that I really wanted to get into and as it is I could have, but too late now. Hubby is painting and trust me it's better if he does it. He could paint in his dress clothes with no drop cloths. Me? Drop cloths aren't enough to contain the mess I make. At least if I could get out and putter, it would be something. Good thing I go to aerobics three times a week or I'd grow roots.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 16, 2013
2:48 AM

Post #9450993

Hope you get to enjoy a 'sewing' day!

Made breakfast before leaving for Bowmanville to pick up quilt frame..

Not snowing so that is a plus

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

MaypopLaurel
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA
(Zone 7b)

March 16, 2013
2:57 AM

Post #9450995

Up early to get more planting done. The dogs are barking at the wildlife.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 16, 2013
3:08 AM

Post #9450997

Been up since 3:00am, did some baking, cut and foiled some pieces for the stained glass lamp I'm making, load of wash, load in dishwasher and it's only 6:00am.

See you are an early riser, not light enough for you to be in the gardens is it?

What do the say, early bird gets the worm?

Enjoy your day

Time to leave, long day ahead..

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI

March 16, 2013
5:38 AM

Post #9451050

Drive carefully Betty, how exciting, getting your quilt frame.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

March 16, 2013
6:40 AM

Post #9451118

Betty must be happy as she must have picked up the frame by now. Safe driving my friend...
Jean, you created a monster with that link to the quilt show...I have been glued and my head is spinning!!!! How have I managed to miss this all this time????

jumper2

jumper2
Huron, OH
(Zone 5b)

March 16, 2013
9:20 AM

Post #9451255

I was rolling a hem on some fabric today. bad thing is I'm thinking of re-arranging my sewing room now.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 16, 2013

Post #9451260

Got an email from my sister Alice... my brother may not be as "on board" about our Mom going into an Intermediate Care Home as originally thought, and he's going to "sound her out" about it this weekend. My mom called me last night, and we had a good "regular" chat - they don't think she knows, but I'll just bet she does. My daughter, not knowing about anything of this, had a conversation with Mom on Wed, and Mom said "it won't be Stan who makes the decision, it will be one of the girls" and then last night he got her dinner and then took a book and went to a restaurant for his dinner, to read a book. Strange, no? He never does that - he has dinner with Mom cuz why would he leave home and not have dinner with her? I'm sure she knows...

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

March 16, 2013
9:37 AM

Post #9451269

Barb, I could get the link to work when I tried it. I'll try again later... I want to see all the pretties too!!!

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

March 16, 2013
9:47 AM

Post #9451285

Jean, is there another way to access that site? It's not working for me!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 16, 2013
10:00 AM

Post #9451296

nor I, Pat - I registered, and they sent me a "welcome" email, but I don't see anything "clickable"...
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 16, 2013
10:15 AM

Post #9451307

I didn't even check the site. Weather here is beautiful & I just come in to eat & use the facilities!!!! They are probably being bombarded with hits.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

March 16, 2013
10:35 AM

Post #9451319

That's what I figured, Jean. I snoozed, I losed!! hehehe... should have gone looking the VERY moment it was open but I've been too busy, maybe it will be available in the middle of the night when I can't sleep!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 16, 2013
11:45 AM

Post #9451365

Afternoon everyone, home and am tired..who would have thought it was nice weather in the north but snow and windy in Toronto.

People at the quilt shop were very nice..I'm actually impressed with the frame..

Bet on to see how long I can leave it in the box and not try to put it together on my own..another few inches longer and it would not have come home with me..

We went to Lens fabric mill, Lordy there wasn't a fabric you would want that wasn't in their showroom, all except my perriwinkle quilt fabric..would image all favpbric bought at Joann's is theirs exclusively.

Bought Canadians wool for snowmobile dickies, no fabric though..surprise,surprise..

Have a beef stew on, will turn it down low and have a nap

Back in a bit
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 16, 2013
12:01 PM

Post #9451389

Seeing all the pictures of the beautiful gardens has really gotten me motivated. I love this time of year. I do have a few hosta that grow in this part of the state...wish I had more. Tried veggies one year but had no lucky what so ever. To much shade I think for them to develop right...squash produced beautiful blooms but then would drop. Well at least the plants provided some pretty greenery.

Trying to get a few things finished to take to mom during Easter. Kim (DD) is taking me down as I am not allowed to drive currently... not knees this time but eyes. I 'm telling you old age "ain't" for sissies. Bummer. Long and short, I knew I needed to have the cataract in the left eye done soon after the right eye had been done. Failed to do so as mom was in an up and down trend at the time. Time passed and my check up last week showed I can't put it off. So bad that I could only read the second line below the big "E". Being told I can not drive is actually worse than the surgery!!!!!

Betty, if you would like to take a detour this way on your way back North please do so. I have tons of straighten up that needs to be done. Who knows I might even have some "neat junk" you would want. LOL

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 16, 2013
12:26 PM

Post #9451403

http://www.thequiltshow.com/os/blog.php

Enter here to get your chance to win 450 fat quarters.
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

March 16, 2013

Post #9451425

Thanks, I entered.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 16, 2013
2:58 PM

Post #9451542

Help, help

Anyone have a husqvarna machine, I've a saphire, likely all the same..I took the housing out where to bobbin fits n to clean, can't seem to fit it back together..I've searched the entire house for manual (maybe I cleaned too well, remember purge,purge,purge..)

Downloaded manual, tells you how to take everything out but no visual into how to put back in..usually so easy..there was a lot of lint so great that I cleand it, b u t

The casing that the bobbin sits in moves right? Maybe it's just that I'm tired, but I doubt it
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 16, 2013
3:42 PM

Post #9451570

The flat part goes tot he back of the hole and the wider part with the "wire" on 1 side is in front. just slide the back in and the front should sit right back down.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 16, 2013
3:53 PM

Post #9451589

Seems to fit ok but when I try pulling up bottom thread to top surface I get loops of thread..

Will call it quits for tonight..worse case senecio is see if I can bring it in..think something else is the problem..fix one thing and other goes..isn't that all the way

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

March 16, 2013
11:19 PM

Post #9451965

OH I hope you can get this thing back together all on your own SOON!!! I can't imagine Betty without a sewing machine DAILY!

Mine is on the fritz and needs to go in for service. I'll take it in next Saturday if my husband doesn't get to Tri-Cites this week sooner than that.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 17, 2013
2:04 AM

Post #9451983

Morning,

Have my janome9000 to keep me out of mischief lol
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 17, 2013
4:07 AM

Post #9452021

Remember to wear green today.

Happy St Pat's Day!!!!!!

Catbird423

Catbird423
Odenton, MD
(Zone 7b)

March 17, 2013
6:29 AM

Post #9452120

I need to make a table runner and maybe placemats today for my sister, She is driving up from Florida for the week and I guess it would be nice if I gave her her Christmas present, just have to make it, lol. Well I needed something to do today.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 17, 2013
6:59 AM

Post #9452179

Good luck on your sewing..nothing like high pressure making gifts as needed lol

Yesterday when picking up my frame the lady in the fabric store as young women (10-14?) came in with machines and bags containing their project the lady told us that a few years ago she had made in the studio a quilt for a local young lady fighting cancer..

After having received the quilt the young girl asked if she could come and make quilts for cancer patients (children) and was taught how to sew..turned into a Saturday morning program..young women learning to sew.

They were making rag quilts, quilts and one young lady the pressiest shoulder bag..I was amazed at their sewing skills. the young lady who had cancer now heads up the youth program and teaches the others.

Photo 4- I'm bored, not sure what I want to get into so decided to at least open the boxes containing the frame..pieces/pieces and more pieces of wood

Photo 5- opened the box with screws, yikes, where will they all go?

Instructions say it SHOULD take 2-4 hours..I'll schedule in 8 if I don't come across something I cannot figure out..this 8 hrs will have many finger to forehead scratching wondering how to do the next step I'm sure..

off to read instructions
hmmm it's 10 am did I say 8 hrs?

Thumbnail by Bettypauze   Thumbnail by Bettypauze   Thumbnail by Bettypauze   Thumbnail by Bettypauze   Thumbnail by Bettypauze

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 17, 2013
8:13 AM

Post #9452247

Betty did you get your machine together?? I have a sapphire, I could find my book and take photo of bobbin pages. or scan and send e mail ??

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 17, 2013
9:12 AM

Post #9452301

No, moved on to building the quilting from..so far so good but I think the hard part is yet to come..

Maybe later I'll take photo of what I'm having problem with and you can help..would appreciate it

morknotmindy

morknotmindy
Oracle , AZ
(Zone 8b)

March 17, 2013
9:31 AM

Post #9452320

Oh, boy... I really fell off the 'no buying fabric' wagon... I've bought over 25 (Yes! 25!) yards of fabric this past couple of weeks... Most of it, 21 yards, were on sale, the rest I bought at a quilt show Friday. I was so proud of myself for using my stash and then this happened! I should not be allowed out of the house with my credit card and some one should confiscate my computer. Oh no. That would not work. How could I visit with you all?! Confiscate the credit card! Now if you ask me what in the world I'm going to make with all that fabric I'll just say 'Lots of stuff!' (Haven't a clue at the moment...) Actually I do have a couple of clues. The ideas are popping around like Mexican jumping beans. I am off the iron all that fabric this morning. And make plans. And cut. And sew. Yep, life is good.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 17, 2013
9:43 AM

Post #9452329

pat whom came with me yesterday commented that she can't purchase fabric for the sake of buying fabric, has to have a project in mind..my comment was such as yours, buy it, you will always come up with a project ..

Great buy if you got it at a good price..I'm anxious to get to Joann's next week so I can stock up, mostly on batting and backing

Anxious to see what project you will work on

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI

March 17, 2013
9:44 AM

Post #9452330

Awesome seeing preteens sewing.
I taught a 4H sewing group many years ago...like 1961. Later had a neighborhood group with my daughters and their friends. Next time I was at Jr. High, home-ec teacher told me she was tired of the girls always saying to her...but Mrs K. says to do it this way. Especially when they were right.
More kids need actual sewers to help them. I remember my aunt giving sewing lessons to a person who going to be teaching it at school. She was trained as a Gym instructor but the only opening was for a home-ec teacher so she took it until an opening came available.
I also remember knowing more than the teacher we had at school when I was in Jr. High. No wonder kids get discouraged.
It's great when sewing shops offer lessons for kids.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI

March 17, 2013
9:48 AM

Post #9452335

Well just can't stand this idleness anymore. Gonna unpack enough to sew a bit. I was in the middle of a tree skirt for grandson getting married this fall. Everything for that is in one box. Gotta sew that's all there is to it.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 17, 2013
10:04 AM

Post #9452345

ohhh Karen I can feel your withdrawal pains, NOT FUN... I can not handle more than a few days without sewing...unless I am really sick...

I brought birdhouse designs with me to work yesterday, and I was tracing the applique pieces onto steam a seam at breaks and after I ate my supper !! can not stand to be doing nothing...ADHDQuilter...

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

March 17, 2013
10:07 AM

Post #9452346

Good Karen! A woman's gotta do what a woman's gotta do!!! SEWING is part of your "being well plan" so you SHOULD unpack whatever it takes to keep you happy!

These are a few pictures of what has been stealing ALL my available time... it finally got advertised yesterday.

The first picture, I wanted to show the bank of drawers and shelves behind the bathroom door, 2nd, new sink & faucet. 3rd the frig, microwave and part of the kitchen cabinets with new sink & faucet, 4th remainder of cabinets & small stove, new Exterior entry & door, final (5) is the other end of studio with big sliding door closet and heat pump for cooling and heat.

When we bought the house the floor was OLD broke lino tile and a step down from the bathroom, no kitchen and dark paneling. Before our 1st renter we raised the floor to level, Ben put in the kitchen plumbing. Ben & renter installed the laminate counter top. Renter & I installed the laminate flooring.

THIS time, after renter moved out, we put in exterior entry & door, painted all walls pale yellow and added all the molding, added the mirror sliding doors over the furnace & water tank area that you can see down the hall, across from the bathroom. We replaced the toilet, bathroom sink & faucet. Replaced kitchen faucet. This should NOT have taken very long but with my husband's health it took forever!!! I have a beautiful hammered copper pot rack purchased for above the stove but we were having trouble finding proper supports to screw to in the ceiling. I haven't given up... just taken a break!

Thumbnail by psychw2   Thumbnail by psychw2   Thumbnail by psychw2   Thumbnail by psychw2   Thumbnail by psychw2

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 17, 2013
10:13 AM

Post #9452349

looks wonderful Doc. sending you some snail mail tomorrow...if I remember LOL

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 17, 2013
10:20 AM

Post #9452356

Ok pat, when can I move in?? Lots of work ..

Karen/Thunder, we are a sad lot aren't we?

Got as far as the wood on my frame, now comes high tech part with metal..who ever is hired to write instruction, wish they would give it up, Lordy a picture would replace all their mumble jumble..will leave part of it to my son when he has time..not beaten just smart to know when 4 hands are better than 2

Maybe I'll get some knitting out

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

March 17, 2013
10:33 AM

Post #9452367

LOL.. dearest Betty, total it is smaller than your craft area!

It did turn out very nice and I'm pleased. AND so grateful to be "done". Like I said, I've not given up on the pot rack though. I paid more for that darn thing than I did for the one in my kitchen! And it is such a PERFECT color for the kitchen and would add so much storage. Finding one that was as big as I could get it and still fit over the small stove PLUS have a grid on top (not just outer metal) was a difficult assignment. THAT's why I paid more for it!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 17, 2013
11:38 AM

Post #9452441

Pat, that is beautiful. I am like Betty, when can I move in? Very, very nice! LOL, I am so glad to see I am not the only one who gets this idea in mind then spends tons of time getting the right thing to finish. I am trying to figure out a way to reduce the depth of the cabinet in my bathroom..I think it is possible but will need to check with son...after I give him a "6 pack" to drink so he is mellow when he hears my idea. :-) Besides 6 pack serves to fold...mellow him out and have bottles the color I want for my bottle tree!! 2 for 1.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 17, 2013
11:49 AM

Post #9452458

Pat, I agree with the rest of them, that turned out really nice!

Betty, is this the fabric your looking for?

Thumbnail by taters55

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI

March 17, 2013
12:21 PM

Post #9452500

Pat, it does indeed look wonderful. We have a small rental too and I swear that more gets done there than in our house. I just won't rent it unless I would live there myself. We have great tenants now, been there over a year and expecting second baby.Good thing it's 3 bedroom though 3rd is very small they can manage. They keep it very clean and are good with rent. He was good to give me a hand with heavy stuff when hubby was downstate too.

Moving boxes out of my way so I can sew, most are going back on the shelves in sewing room...just in case I do need something out of one. I'm pretty sure everything I need material wise for the tree skirt is in one box.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 17, 2013
12:43 PM

Post #9452528

Sad to say 'no' LindaKay..

Poor Darlene, she will be so tired on our way home from Florida trying to stop at every Joann's in hopes of finding it..better warn her before Friday
First thing I'll do when out of the airport is, let's head to Joann's lol

Always nice gals to see projects undertaken done and off the list of 'to do's

Karen, meant to add, maybe when settled you can teach a class or two for the youth of the area..

Too bad Marion Greg doesn't drink, might have been a way of enticing him to come and take on a few of my projects..buy your son a 24 and he'll really come up with ideas..

Will be so happy when Mother's Day weekend comes, entire family come for weekend and can't leave until everything on my list is done..Happy Mother's day to me..

Keep saying I'm going to quit putting together the quilt frame but I go upstairs and think 'I could do another step'

temps are dropping and it's cool in my craft room, should turn the heat up I guess if I intend to stay downstairs.

Photo 1: where I'm at so far
Photo 2: all that is left of the wood parts of the frame
Photo 3: fabric I'm short of

continue or not continue, that is the question

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 17, 2013
1:18 PM

Post #9452563

Sorry it was not a match Betty, I have several yards of what I posted, you can re do your squares with what I have? :)

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 17, 2013
1:45 PM

Post #9452590

Betty are those parts for the piece that come up to hold machine and handles??

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 17, 2013
2:00 PM

Post #9452602

Yes they are, still fighting a cold so took a hot bath, in my Jammie's and likely the couch for the rest of the day, frame will just have to wait..read up on bar ratchets, some going in different directions, said to self, 'you don't want to go there'

LindaKay I will search Joann's, think yours has a darker background tone, bu thanks..if no can find I will just get creative
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 17, 2013
2:20 PM

Post #9452621

I did yard WORK all day!!!!! Want a patio but think I'll settle for landscape fabric & a layer of mulch for right now. And some HD sod for the other side of the walkway. Not sure what I want & mulch can be picked up & moved when I do decide. At least now I have a walkway from the gate to the patio, patio to the sun porch & SP to the Studio. BIG weeds are pulled.

I'm exhausted & filthy!!!!!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 17, 2013
2:27 PM

Post #9452632

Betty, he would never finish a "24". 2 would be about the limit for him. I do have some friends who are saving the bottles for me.

Jean, are you getting any rain? It started here this afternoon...sun really bright and beautiful and before we could turn around...rain!
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 17, 2013
2:32 PM

Post #9452644

Sure did get cloudy here in the last hour. I put everything away & came in. Sure hope we get some rain.
MaypopLaurel
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA
(Zone 7b)

March 17, 2013
3:54 PM

Post #9452734

Pat, your rental is looking great. I'm sure the nest tenant will love it. I agree more time and effort often go to the rentals. We have a house near our current home in Atlanta that is supposed to be an eventual remodel when we down size. It's in rental. We had our landscape service there last week doing spring yard clean up. Sure could use that at our house which is getting the basic mow and blow.

Like Jean, I spent the day in the garden. We have all the Spring veggie planting done except beets. Oh dear, I need to focus on the quilt. We will be back in Atlanta tomorrow and for most of the week and then return to work on things here. Then off to Miami.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

March 17, 2013
4:01 PM

Post #9452740

I'm getting 8-14" of the white stuff on Tuesday!!! Betty is sending it to me!!! I'm never going to see spring!!!!
The frame is coming along nicely Betty and you are wise to stop now and wait for the help...

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 17, 2013
4:18 PM

Post #9452775

Pat - Bob & I will be there shortly, to rent your suite!! lol

Betty - take it Easy girl!!

Barb - you're right - send it back to Betty!! LOL
MaypopLaurel
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA
(Zone 7b)

March 17, 2013
4:59 PM

Post #9452805

LOL. As long as you don't send that snow down to me.

Betty, you need a good night's sleep.

Barb, I would send you some Spring if I could. Maybe photos along the way will help pull you through?

Notice my Freudian slip above about Pat's "nest tenant"? Does anyone watch HGTV? They have it here and in Canada. Our birds are going nuts with courting and housing decisions. I told SO it's like an HGTV show...House #1 is move in ready but it's a highly trafficked area with lots of noise. House #2 is in a great location, private and quiet, but needs lots of work. The style is more for wrens than us flycatchers. House #3 is a custom plan from the ground up. It will take some time, maybe four days, and the babies are due any minute. Can we afford to wait? Decisions, decisions.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

March 17, 2013
5:19 PM

Post #9452831

Laurel, GREAT commentary!!! Your next career is in wildlife narratives for TV specials? LOL

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 17, 2013
5:47 PM

Post #9452849

I saw the "Nest", but didn't realize it was a Freudian slip lol
of COURSE I watch HGTV lol I agree with Pat - great commentary!!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 18, 2013
7:28 AM

Post #9453353

Jean, I hope this rain makes it down to you. Started yesterday afternoon and has continued on today...slow rain that really does some good.
MaypopLaurel
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA
(Zone 7b)

March 18, 2013
7:35 AM

Post #9453359

We awakened to rain this morning. It's supposed to continue. Good that the new seeds will stay moist. After a little house work that's been put off in favor of garden play we'll return to Atlanta.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 18, 2013

Post #9453626

Had rain overnite & this AM. It stopped, and I've been out in the yard since 9AM. Raked, bagged, raked, and just mowed the front "weeds". I need to get to HD & start picking up some mulch when they get shipments in. I'll seed the smaller spots but have some BIG dirst spots.

Sewing!?!?!?!?!? What is that!?!?!?!?!?!? Maybe if I had snow outside but too much warm air & sun here to be inside.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 18, 2013

Post #9453681

Don't over do it Jean!
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 18, 2013
1:09 PM

Post #9453696

Too late for that warning!!!!!
Went to Yoga this AL, laid down on the mat, told the instructor to wake me when the hour was up!!! Actually the stretching felt good!!!!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 18, 2013
1:14 PM

Post #9453704

LOL Jean!!
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 19, 2013
5:42 AM

Post #9454461

Barb - how deep is the snow???? TWC was just talking that a lot of activities in MA are closed today because of the weather.
Raining here so guess I may get some sewing done (especially since I got the floors done last nite0. The ladies will be over at lunch time for quilting lessons.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 19, 2013
6:11 AM

Post #9454500

thanks to patience of DS Greg, I have my frame together..

was too funny, we had a discussion (argument) as I had taken photo's at the quilt shop, man put a spring on one of the rollers so it wouldn't jump out of track, said he wasn't sure why..that is about the same place I stopped putting frame together Sunday because directions and visual photo I took didn't jive.

When Greg came, just coming into the construction of the frame 1/2 way through he said I had a few pieces put on which were incorrect, took him to computer to show him the fabric shop frame photo's, he said they were wrong he was right, was going to do it his way...who am I to argue, he's an engineer and follows drawings who was right??? Greg..man had the rail portion on wrong and no wonder he needed to makeshift and put a large spring.. I should have known lol

He said that what I need now is the proper sewing machine!

Would love to try a crib size quilt before leaving for Florida but too much to do unless of course I give up sleeping and don't want to do that as I'm just getting the hang of this sleep thing..

Thumbnail by Bettypauze   Thumbnail by Bettypauze         

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI

March 19, 2013
6:15 AM

Post #9454502

Never argue with these mechanical headed guys. They see things differently and are almost always right. i know married one, raised another.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 19, 2013
6:46 AM

Post #9454546

I just got a "cleaning bug" and cleaned off the divider btwn kitchen & FR & also the basket of "stuff" I keep there. In the bottom of the basket I found12 pens. No wonder i could never locate one when needed. So put a cup in the basket to hold the pens. Moved another basket out to put a couple plants in. And now I can see the top of the divider!!!!! And cleaned off the glass stove top. The stove came with the house. I'd never purchase one of those flat tops. Glass always looks dirty.

Sun is out for a bit. Will be a delay in the top soil being delivered due to issues with the truck. The young man was trying to explain it to me & I told him that was OK it was obviously " a guy thing"!!!!! But he will call 1 hour before he comes over so I don't have to sit & wait. Can now head out to the studio...

A bit of sun peaking thru before the next rain comes thru.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI

March 19, 2013

Post #9454553

Snowing for several days...at least the week-end before we see the sun again.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

March 19, 2013
8:08 AM

Post #9454651

Thank you again for the quilt show link Jean. We are in the middle of 8-14" of snow today and I'm being entertained royally with those shows. It is white out there --STILL --- and probably will be for weeks now!!! Time to fire the rodent!!!! Early spring my butt!!!!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 19, 2013
8:09 AM

Post #9454652

If any one has a spare boat, raft or ark please send it my way!!! We got a heavy rain during the night and wee hours of the morning (4 am). Not only was it raining very hard but we had the horrible lightning and thunder too. My daughter said there were several trees down on the road she take to work...thankful she left earlier than usual.

I understand we are to be having more of this weather for the weekend. Sewing time!!!

Jean, I am beginning to wonder if all sewers/quilters have baskets similar to yours. I do and it is constantly full of pens, pencils and pennies of all things. I try to empty mine weekly. Agree about glass top stoves always looking dirty but alas, I am responsible for the one in our house.

Off the my fabric stash...

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI

March 19, 2013
8:17 AM

Post #9454670

Barb and I will sled down to rescue you Marion. This years weather has seemed crazier than usual. We have hopes the snow will stop by this week-end.
Meanwhile the well pump died and we are waiting for the repairmen. Pretty sure that will put a big dent in our checkbook.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 19, 2013
8:22 AM

Post #9454681

Oh that sounds exciting Karen, shall I have coffee or hot chocolate ready? One problem, you might want to put floats on the sled when you get to Alabama. On the brighter side...I have always wanted a river bed landscape feature. Nature is doing an excellent job of doing it for me. Water runs down the road into my drive, down under a low spot in the carport and off to form it's own path. I can not improve on nature's path for this...serves 2 purposes.

Yike! Not what you wanted with the pump. I think you just need to pack it in and come visit here for a while...don't forget to grab Barb on the way.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI

March 19, 2013
8:34 AM

Post #9454690

I have a couple of those molded sleds I think they might float.
Always seems to be something just when you think you might get to where you can manage.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 19, 2013
8:40 AM

Post #9454698

Sorry to hear about the pump Karen, yes, replacement is not cheap!

Marion, I should be able to find a canoe and canoe my way up to visit with you..please please no bad weather starting Friday..I need some of that Florida sunshine
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 19, 2013
10:13 AM

Post #9454807

Betty, I am not sure what the forecast is for the Ft. Myers area but up here in the northern part, we are suppose to get rain all weekend. Of course, weather forecasters do have this reputation of not being exactly accurate...now don't they? :-) Could use a molded sled that floats or a canoe today.
gardenglory
Gainesville, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 19, 2013
10:32 AM

Post #9454816

Rain all weekend here too, its the garden festival as well. Im guessing Marion, your glad you are where you are..not here ;-). Im hoping to make it in between showers. Wont be the first time Ive been there in the rain.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 19, 2013
11:01 AM

Post #9454840

Pam , I have worked the festival during the rain. In fact, the last one I chaired it was raining...remember? I closed it early as vendors were having trouble keeping the products dry. There are times I think I might like to come strictly as a guest but it seems things are always happening here at the same time. Enjoy and let me know how it is. I do know some of the vendors have left due to the way they group them now but...it's their choice. Sun shining right now but for how long? Who knows..was like this yesterday and before we knew it, it was raining.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 19, 2013
11:28 AM

Post #9454859

10-Day Forecast for Havana, FL (32333)
Precip. %
Tonight
Mar 19 Mostly Cloudy 52 0 %

Wed
Mar 20 Few Showers 69/41 30 %
Thu
Mar 21 Partly Cloudy 65/43 10 %

Fri
Mar 22 T-Showers 68/55 40 %

Sat
Mar 23 Scattered T-Storms 66/61 60 %

Sun
Mar 24 Scattered T-Storms 74/50 50 %

Mon
Mar 25 Sunny 68/44 10 %

Tue
Mar 26 Sunny 68/45 0 %

Wed
Mar 27 Partly Cloudy 71/50 10 %

Thu
Mar 28 Partly Cloudy 73/52 20 %

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI

March 19, 2013
12:14 PM

Post #9454901

Aaaah, Well is fixed, only cost an arm and half a leg. Last was replaced in 95 so guess we have no complaints.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 19, 2013
1:59 PM

Post #9455030

Glad it is fixed Karen!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

March 19, 2013
4:10 PM

Post #9455135

Glad you were able to get it fixed quickly Karen - now go take that shower!!!!! Just joking!! Hee hee

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI

March 19, 2013
5:49 PM

Post #9455233

The shower wasn't the fixture I needed working. LOL
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 20, 2013

Post #9455525

I turned my machine on yesterday for a couple hours. Opened the doors & aired out the Studio. Sewing was much more relaxing than spreading top soil!!!!!

I'm really liking this bright & scrappy quilt I'm working on. Very easy and blocks can be made larger if you want to avoid a 1" strip. I'll get a pic when the top is done. Started when a friend taught a short class & gave a few strips of fabric. I got BRIGHTS and was hooked so she gave me more of the focus fabric so I could make an entire top. I think Thunder will like the colors!!!!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 20, 2013
3:59 AM

Post #9455532

oh Jean - SO nice to open up your sewing machine and get some sewing done! Good for you :-)

Like you, I too have been "turned on" to bright colours through Thunder!
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 20, 2013
4:31 AM

Post #9455548

I've always liked the BRIGHTS. A Guild member commented how much she liked the fabrics I use and that all she ever buys are the darker earth tones. So last time I was cutting up 2 1/2" strips, I gave her a pile of the BRIGHTS. She was thrilled & gifted me a pile of the darks, which my stash is always lacking. I have another pile going for her. I will convert her.

Was just looking at the quilt over the back of the futon & thinking I need a BRIGHTER one there for SPRING!!!!!

I really need to get my FL quilt worked on. It will be perfect during the summer to brighten the beige furniture.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 20, 2013
5:24 AM

Post #9455596

FL quilt?

I am now quilting a lap quilt, and finding myself doing tinier and tinier stitches - because some of the beautiful blocks I received from my DG sistahs Require the respect of tiny stitches!!!
I'm not stitching as tiny as some here, but I am doing as fine as 7 per inch... some people do as fie as 12 per inch or so.
I was doing 4 per inch before.
My poor middle finger on my right hand... don't have a "finger" but I am using painter's tape to cover it. Quilting needles are soooooo sharp!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 20, 2013
6:02 AM

Post #9455638

Pretty soon Susan you'll have mega callouses and it won't bother you at all.

While in Florida , see Joann's put a sale on just for me, lol 25% off entire order..maybe I'll look for a quilt pattern that I too could use bright colors and pick some up while the sale is on..
gardenglory
Gainesville, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 20, 2013
6:31 AM

Post #9455671

Got this yesterday. A total scam. They were counting on me opening the customer service link. If you get something like this...dont open. Altho my email address is correct, everything else is bogus, and they were counting on me wanting to get it straightend out.

rom: Guthy-Renker Customer Service
To: tapkn@aol.com
Subject: Thank you for your order EDS10B2713
Date: 03/19/2013 00:37

Dear Eric Horsly,

Thank you for your order number EDS10B2713, it is being processed.

Name: Eric Horsly

Email address: tapkn@aol.com

Address: 147 Ingalls Ave
City, State, Zip: Bellefontaine, OH 43311

Payment Method: Visa

Daytime Phone: 9371652257
Evening Phone:

Ship to
Name: Eric Horsly
Address: 147 Ingalls Ave

City, State, Zip: Bellefontaine, OH 43311

1 AXTM8Y 3-Step & Mask + Travel-Size Green Tea 19.95
-----------------------------------------------------------------
SUBTOTAL 19.95
Standard SHIPPING 0.00
ORDER TOTAL 19.95
Applicable Sales Tax will be added for states CO, CA, IA, NC & PA.

Should you have a question about your order, or about other Guthy-Renker products,
please use the link below to access our Customer Service telephone number:
[HYPERLINK@www.guthy-renker-store.com]

Always reference name, zip code, date ordered and the product ordered when
calling for a status.

Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for delivery.

Looks pretty real doesnt it...

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI

March 20, 2013
6:50 AM

Post #9455688

Hmmm just for the heck of it, I checked Google Earth and that is a real address. Sure makes you wonder what is up with it.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 20, 2013

Post #9455691

Maybe the company got a wrong email address for Eric Horsly?
Oh, and there is an Eric Horsly in Bellefontaine, Ohio

This message was edited Mar 20, 2013 6:58 AM

jumper2

jumper2
Huron, OH
(Zone 5b)

March 20, 2013
6:56 AM

Post #9455696

it's most likely a scam. I see emails similar sometimes here and have heard about this type of scam before.I never click on them.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 20, 2013
7:00 AM

Post #9455699

I agree - never click on any links in emails you're not familiar with.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 20, 2013
7:03 AM

Post #9455707

I got an email last week, supposedly from fed ex, telling me the package could not be delivered, please click the link and provide correct address. Well, I did not click on it, as I knew I did not have anything coming by fed ex.
gardenglory
Gainesville, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 20, 2013

Post #9455709

I first went to the web site. There is nothing you can order with that name or order code. I then called the phone number they put on there, and its not a real number. I did look up addresses as well, and altho it is real, that person does not live there and there is no record of him.
If I would have clicked on that link, or links from other scam emails, they can track your key strokes and get all you passwords etc. Its very irritating.
I get fake fed ex scam emails alot, telling me they could not deliver, but this is the first one taughting this company.
gardenglory
Gainesville, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 20, 2013

Post #9455710

lol...cross posted on the fed ex
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 20, 2013
7:10 AM

Post #9455716

My FL quilt has all sorts of tropical designs. A lot of applique which is NOT my favorite to do so it's gets put to the side. Was a BoM from 5-6 years ago. Luckily i did not have to show a completed block every month to get my next piece!!!!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 20, 2013
7:20 AM

Post #9455731

Jean, when I was doing BOM, I had to show my completed piece in order to get the next. How come you didn't have to?
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 20, 2013
8:22 AM

Post #9455780

I received a notice from Paypal that payment for my item had gone through...funny thing...incorrect spelling in first line was a clue.

LK, thanks for the weather posting; however, as luck would have it that is not what we are having. Duh!!! Just suffice it isn't nice but dark cloudy and looks like it will start raining any minute today.

Betty, there should also be a coupon for a friend for 25% off...hoping Kim will enjoy a trip to Joannes this weekend. This time I will be looking for some fabric for window treatments and table covers. I have been seeing a roll I love but will it be there when I get there? Who knows?
gardenglory
Gainesville, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 20, 2013
8:50 AM

Post #9455809

I cant wait to see the FL quilt
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 20, 2013
10:46 AM

Post #9455911

Most BoM are like that. I knew the owner & she knew I'd get to the "eventually". I'd done her BoMs for years and had always kept up with the piecing ones. In fact, I designed some settings for her.

So i went to pick up my bakers rack at the Re-sale store and they had the neatest wrought iron circular wine rack that had just come in. Was more $$$ than i wanted to spend but they gave it to me for their cost since I had purchased so much last week. I knew if i went home to think about it, and went back tomorrow, it would be gone. So now to go out & arrange the pieces & get the plants where they need to be.

I'll get pics...

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 20, 2013
11:40 AM

Post #9455959

good for you, Jean - that they gave it to you for "cost"! I'd like to see pics of both pieces :-)

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 20, 2013
11:51 AM

Post #9455971

I got the books Seedfolks, and Mind's Eye by Paul Fleischman, from Barb today - Thank you!
I read quickly, so who would like them next?

This message was edited Mar 20, 2013 12:17 PM

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 20, 2013
12:01 PM

Post #9455980

Not sure you are on the right thread Susan..books originated as a read on the Best/Worse/What did I learn today thread? could be wrong

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

March 20, 2013
12:03 PM

Post #9455983

I hope Pat doesn't mind, but I moved you over to a new thread as y'all reached 220 +

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1303354/

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 27, 2013

Post #9463806

ok my quilting friends!! I have a question for you.
Without buying any special paper, solutions, etc, is there an easy way to transfer my quilting pattern I downloaded to my fabric so I can hand stitch it?
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 27, 2013
11:43 AM

Post #9463939

transfer paper???? Usually in the notions section. Comes in a few colors - yellow, white, blue & black.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 27, 2013

Post #9463943

So, like an embroidery transfer?
Cuz I have the pencil for that, and can iron it on... washes off later, apparently.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

March 27, 2013
12:48 PM

Post #9463984

We're over here now Susan : http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1303354/#new some transfer wash off, others do not.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 27, 2013
2:42 PM

Post #9464141

I was talking about sheets of paper. Sort of like the old fashioned copy paper.
They still use it for marking for garment sewing.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 27, 2013
3:16 PM

Post #9464191

Jean - I'm moving the question to the new thread:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1303354/#new

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Sewing and Quilting Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Quilt Block Exchange cont..... Luluguid 76 Dec 22, 2010 6:07 PM
Looking for a Shopping Cart Cover Pattern???? red_princess_71 17 Jan 4, 2010 9:44 AM
Necktie Skirts & Purses SandiTX 4 Oct 7, 2008 3:15 AM
Lascaux.....and brush water melody 27 Feb 29, 2008 7:46 PM
Free Accessory Patterns Yuska 13 Apr 18, 2008 9:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America