Watering Hoses- Product Reviews & Suggestions

Alpharetta, GA

I'm interested in some of the "lay flat garden hoses" on the market now. However, I've not been able to find any that have a credible review that is positive. Some say that they get pinholes in them quickly after purchase, or tear away from the fitting, or that you have to unwind the entire hose before it works, etc. When I search on google, there are tons of images of the various kinds now. I'll post a few pics with this so you can see what I'm talking about.

And to be clear- I'm not talking about soaker hoses but rather hoses that are basically flat and thus are easier to handle when not in use... some are completely flat and others look deflated but will inflate when the water comes through.

Thanks!

Thumbnail by jssmeltzer Thumbnail by jssmeltzer Thumbnail by jssmeltzer Thumbnail by jssmeltzer Thumbnail by jssmeltzer
Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

No personal experience but a friend purchased one like the one in your last photo. He loves it and has had no problems. He uses his daily. Not much help on the other ones, sorry.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

If I can ever manage to find mine in the garage, I'll post the name of it but it was the big TV ad at the time and the last one I bought was from eBay. I believe it was 50' long but none of the pictures you posted seem to be the one I bought.

This one I just found on eBay seems closest to what we have. I love mine if I'm using it over grass but use it too often over brick or cement or asphalt and the outer covering wears away and then it springs leaks that even duct tape can't mend.

http://www.amazon.com/Hawk-Roll-Hose--Compact-Garden/dp/B003U7NPBQ/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1363396961&sr=8-10&keywords=flat+garden+hose

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.