Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Garden Shed: Watering Hoses- Product Reviews & Suggestions

Communities > Forums > Garden Shed
bookmark
Forum: Garden ShedReplies: 2, Views: 75
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
jssmeltzer
Alpharetta, GA

March 14, 2013
11:40 AM

Post #9449159

I'm interested in some of the "lay flat garden hoses" on the market now. However, I've not been able to find any that have a credible review that is positive. Some say that they get pinholes in them quickly after purchase, or tear away from the fitting, or that you have to unwind the entire hose before it works, etc. When I search on google, there are tons of images of the various kinds now. I'll post a few pics with this so you can see what I'm talking about.

And to be clear- I'm not talking about soaker hoses but rather hoses that are basically flat and thus are easier to handle when not in use... some are completely flat and others look deflated but will inflate when the water comes through.

Thanks!

Thumbnail by jssmeltzer   Thumbnail by jssmeltzer   Thumbnail by jssmeltzer   Thumbnail by jssmeltzer   Thumbnail by jssmeltzer
Click an image for an enlarged view.

podster
Deep East Texas, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 15, 2013
5:30 PM

Post #9450764

No personal experience but a friend purchased one like the one in your last photo. He loves it and has had no problems. He uses his daily. Not much help on the other ones, sorry.
pirl
(Arlene) Southold, NY
(Zone 7a)

March 15, 2013
6:25 PM

Post #9450811

If I can ever manage to find mine in the garage, I'll post the name of it but it was the big TV ad at the time and the last one I bought was from eBay. I believe it was 50' long but none of the pictures you posted seem to be the one I bought.

This one I just found on eBay seems closest to what we have. I love mine if I'm using it over grass but use it too often over brick or cement or asphalt and the outer covering wears away and then it springs leaks that even duct tape can't mend.

http://www.amazon.com/Hawk-Roll-Hose--Compact-Garden/dp/B003U7NPBQ/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1363396961&sr=8-10&keywords=flat garden hose

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Garden Shed Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Quick-Disconnects for garden hoses? darius 18 Oct 5, 2007 8:07 PM
A Man and His Tractor LadibugZ9 16 May 12, 2007 6:29 PM
Tractor on it's way!!!! whooo-hoooo!!! cici77 16 Apr 26, 2008 9:24 PM
Old Reliable CountryGardens 49 Apr 16, 2010 8:20 AM
Your thoughts on a Mantis? Kell 122 Apr 16, 2012 5:53 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America