March 15th, 2013: Tulip 'Cilesta' (Tulipa ) by Pusia

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

The Bloom of the Day for March 15th, 2013 was Tulip 'Cilesta' (Tulipa ).

View the bloom of the day here: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/botd.php?date=2013-03-15

Northern California, CA(Zone 9b)

I just love tulips! This one is so dramatic!

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Tulips have come a long long way from their humble beginnings and this is a great example,... Beautiful!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

That's magazine cover material! Gorgeous.

Portland, OR(Zone 8a)

I agree with you all! That is one vibrant looking Tulip...very photogenic.

A work of art!!

I just realized the gang is all here! LOL

Look at the otoro we had tonight!

Thumbnail by Kell

Don't hit me with raw fish if I tell you I prefer the tulip!

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

HaHaHa! Good one Arlene!

Mmmm, looks like a yummy melt-in-your mouth slice of belly! Had sushi in town today, not as good as Koo but we were celebrating our new grandson born yesterday! :-)

Congratulations to Sue and Brad and the new parents!

WOW Sue. Is this your son who had the baby? His wife is so tiny!! How big was the baby? What exciting news! Yes, belly! We also had chu-toro which I actually liked better. The o-toro was almost too fatty and soft. Hard to beat Koo. We had a feast last night.

And then I got to bring home a bag full of Sumo tangerines. Have you had them yet? OMG, the absolute best! My advice is if you see them, buy them all! Though sadly they will ruin all other oranges for you. http://www.sippitysup.com/mighty-sumo-citrus-star-mysterious-mandarin-adventure

Arlene, we had cooked fish too! I iwll hit you with that one. LOL

Thumbnail by Kell

It had to taste better than it looks!

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

HaHaHa!

d-mailed you Kell, Arlene, check my blog. ;-)

On the lookout for Sumo tangerines!

Such a BEAUTIFUL baby, Grandma Sue!

And everyone, run out ant buy Sumos. Though I do not know if they are available yet outside of California. They are limited here (only stores like Whole Foods are carrying them) and only available a short time. I am telling you all, SO SPECIAL! Harry and David has them. I may buy some of these too when I can't find them here. http://www.harryanddavid.com/h/27181?sliSearch=sumo

So crushed is me, and here I thought that fish was just beautiful. I have no clue even what kind it was. Last fish photo, I promise! This will really gross you out most delicate Pirl. Sue, I do believe has enjoyed this one too. A spoonful of Happiness! And it truly is.

Thumbnail by Kell

One lobster roll, please!

LOL!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.