My cold-storage unit for my canning.

Saguenay, QC(Zone 4a)

Hello,

I built a cold-storage unit in my home basement.

Do you have a advice for fan?

Pictures:

http://www.revolution-saglac.com/horticulture/chambre_froide_cold-storage_unit/cold_storage_unit.html

This message was edited Mar 19, 2013 9:08 AM

Clinton, IN

Wow that is agreat storage setup, you might check out a duct fan, used to boost air flow in heating ducts. Fred

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Looks great... and I agree a small duct fan or a computer fan should work fine.

My cold storage unit is a small concrete building outside, partially built into the hillside. It's not very well sealed so there's plenty of ventilation without a fan. I have learned that liquids can freeze, so my foods in jars are only dry goods.

Saguenay, QC(Zone 4a)

Quote from darius :
Looks great... and I agree a small duct fan or a computer fan should work fine.

My cold storage unit is a small concrete building outside, partially built into the hillside. It's not very well sealed so there's plenty of ventilation without a fan. I have learned that liquids can freeze, so my foods in jars are only dry goods.

Thank your for your advices !

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

You are a busy man Jardinier. grin Great use of space. Unfortunately a cold room isn't as easy to do here in zone 9a. But, the first home my husband and I shared had only a single wall furnace for heat and the floors were always cold. Husband used a PVC pipe in the corner near the furnace and mounted a squirrel cage fan at the top to draw hot air down to the floor...it made a huge difference...seems that would work in reverse for you circulating the cold air through the room.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.