Friend or foe?

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9b)

These have popped up in my new bed. Don't know whether to befriend them or not. Any ideas what this is?

Enterprise, AL(Zone 8b)

Hey, I have some of those too. I thought they might be petunias.

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

Looks like Petunias to me!

Fort Worth, TX

Look like a friend. Having weeded flower seedlings out before I check the main lawn before I pull anything out. I don't have petunias, but baby black eyed susans look sort of like that.

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

I don't know what it is, but those low shoots are unusual, and it does resemble black eyed susan.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Not petunias, agreed,

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

A friend for now.

Well, it finally started blooming this week. This is a brand new bed put in by a landscaper. It's petunias - the bright purple ones. Have no idea how they got there. But, I'll enjoy the gift.

Look at me now! Thanks to all for helping id this. Definitely a keeper.

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

That is really beautiful!! thank you for showing it to us.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Wow......so cool you didn't pull it. I did not know Petunias come back.

Rowlett, TX(Zone 8a)

Wow! I love that color. I've always had Wave Petunias in pots, never thought about putting them in the ground. They are beautiful.

Carla

Talihina, OK

I have just read on a companion planting site that the petunia was beneficial to all other plants did not see one negative on it so today I am getting down to the local greenhouse and get a bunch of petunias..

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Cool, Lynne! I was going to guess petunias! I grew my first petunias from seeds this year. It really felt special! Yours are gorgeous and especially nice being free :) Janet
The first pic is from January, the others are from today. They were supposed to be all purple but a pink sneaked in there :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.