Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Tree identification

Can anyone help to identify this tree. Thanks

Thumbnail by stefvt
Beautiful, BC(Zone 9b)

Melia? Where is it located ie climate zone and environment zone (coastal, inland, dry, wet, etc). How tall, wide? Any photos of a mature leaf on a different part of the plant?

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Vitex agnus-castus

Resin

Beautiful, BC(Zone 9b)

I noticed there aren't any serrations on the leaves of Vitex although I thought was a good one.

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Yeah, maybe not that then! Some species in thwe genus do though; how about Vitex negundo? http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Vitex_negundo_leaves.jpg

Resin

Beautiful, BC(Zone 9b)

The Op's pics show 3 leaflets but the Vitex show 5. The serration of Vitex doesn't go all the way to the tip of the leaflet. It'd be helpful if we knew more about the plant, where it is and some more pics.

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

OP is from Pacific time zone

Can't be THAT many oppositely arranged compound foliage woody plants with that kind of flowering structure...c'mon, growin - give it up.

Beautiful, BC(Zone 9b)

I thought Resin's suggestion was great. I just want to know where this plant is and more pics.

It is not melia or vitex. this tree is growing in the northern suburbs of Cape Town, but does not look indigenous to South Africa. I have asked at nurseries but no one seems to know what it is. it has a resin that irritates the skin and can cause blisters.

Beautiful, BC(Zone 9b)

stefvt, a few more pictures with the whole plant, trunk, blooms, etc will help tremendously.

growin, I will take some more pictures next week thanks.

Trivandrum, India

Seems to be some species of Simaroubaceae?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.