Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Pretty Yellow Bows Adorn a Child's Easter: Awesome Easter Story

Communities > Forums > Article: Pretty Yellow Bows Adorn a Child's Easter
bookmark
Forum: Article: Pretty Yellow Bows Adorn a Child's EasterReplies: 1, Views: 4
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
ej_the_dj
Warner Robins, GA

April 1, 2013
1:20 PM

Post #9468869

(I do not expect a response, but a response is welcome if given).

Marie, I want to thank you for this wonderful story. But more than just a story, it is very REAL to you, even to this day! When you had to share some of the eggs that you found with your cousin because of a demanding mother; your own mom was in a way, teaching you how to share, and that is important, too. You show a picture of a yellow bow tied around a tree, and I'm wondering if that was one of the boundaries your aunt made, or a 'signature' bow reminiscent of earlier days. Anyway, your story is truly great, and I absolutely LOVE the details and the way you filled them in. I also believe that you must have an awesome husband, to get wind of that story; and then, surprise you with a real Easter basket. Wow!!! I believe that your aunt must have been a truly AWESOME woman! Thank you very much, for sharing this. =DDD
can2grow
Valparaiso, FL
(Zone 8b)

April 1, 2013
9:09 PM

Post #9469329

Thank you for your comments. You're right, the bow in the picture is a 'signature' bow reminiscent of earlier days. I do have an awesome husband, and amazingly, Aunt Gladys is still alive. She is, of course, much older now, but still a model gardener and powerful influence in my life. I always visit her when I go back to Mississippi. I'm glad you enjoyed my story.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Pretty Yellow Bows Adorn a Child's Easter Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
A love story on many levels vossner 4 Apr 24, 2011 8:30 PM
Very touching! Bookerc1 1 Apr 13, 2009 4:52 PM
What a lovely story ! DonM47 0 Apr 13, 2009 2:08 PM
Thank goodness for Aunties! Yuska 0 Apr 24, 2011 12:12 PM
What one person can do jazzy1okc 2 Apr 26, 2011 4:47 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America