Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Pretty Yellow Bows Adorn a Child's Easter: Awesome Easter Story

Communities > Forums > Article: Pretty Yellow Bows Adorn a Child's Easter
bookmark
Forum: Article: Pretty Yellow Bows Adorn a Child's EasterReplies: 1, Views: 4
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
ej_the_dj
Warner Robins, GA

April 1, 2013
1:20 PM

Post #9468869

(I do not expect a response, but a response is welcome if given).

Marie, I want to thank you for this wonderful story. But more than just a story, it is very REAL to you, even to this day! When you had to share some of the eggs that you found with your cousin because of a demanding mother; your own mom was in a way, teaching you how to share, and that is important, too. You show a picture of a yellow bow tied around a tree, and I'm wondering if that was one of the boundaries your aunt made, or a 'signature' bow reminiscent of earlier days. Anyway, your story is truly great, and I absolutely LOVE the details and the way you filled them in. I also believe that you must have an awesome husband, to get wind of that story; and then, surprise you with a real Easter basket. Wow!!! I believe that your aunt must have been a truly AWESOME woman! Thank you very much, for sharing this. =DDD
can2grow
Valparaiso, FL
(Zone 8b)

April 1, 2013
9:09 PM

Post #9469329

Thank you for your comments. You're right, the bow in the picture is a 'signature' bow reminiscent of earlier days. I do have an awesome husband, and amazingly, Aunt Gladys is still alive. She is, of course, much older now, but still a model gardener and powerful influence in my life. I always visit her when I go back to Mississippi. I'm glad you enjoyed my story.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Pretty Yellow Bows Adorn a Child's Easter Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
A love story on many levels vossner 4 Apr 24, 2011 8:30 PM
Very touching! Bookerc1 1 Apr 13, 2009 4:52 PM
What a lovely story ! DonM47 0 Apr 13, 2009 2:08 PM
Thank goodness for Aunties! Yuska 0 Apr 24, 2011 12:12 PM
What one person can do jazzy1okc 2 Apr 26, 2011 4:47 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America