Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Beginner Gardening Questions: yellowing leaves on pea plants. need help identifying.

Communities > Forums > Beginner Gardening Questions
bookmark
Forum: Beginner Gardening QuestionsReplies: 2, Views: 35
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
greenwater87
Tivoli, TX

April 1, 2013
6:59 PM

Post #9469224

I started these peas indoors about 3 weeks ago. They have been growing exceptionally well. I came home from work today and noticed the leaves are looking a little sick. I cant tell if they are just stunned or if the have a mildew. Can anyone identify what this is? Should i be worried or is this normal?

Thumbnail by greenwater87
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Silvermist
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9b)

April 8, 2013
2:10 PM

Post #9476372

Not sure for pea plants specifically, but my squash leaves did begin to yellow and I learned that the plant was stressed.

Either too much fertilizer is stressing the plant or the plant has a bacteria/disease that is slowly killing it. This is from my experience. Hopefully you find an answer soon. Good luck.
nelsoncastro
Victoria
Australia

April 9, 2013
10:05 PM

Post #9478343

Pea plants are susceptible to a number of diseases that often result in wilting and yellowing of the leaves.

Preventing yellowing and disease, avoid planting pea plants in areas with poor drainage and take care not to water pea plants excessively. Know the pea plant varieties before planting to ensure the best match for the weather and conditions in your area. Fertilize and use fungicides and herbicides to prevent conditions encouraging disease development.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Gardening Questions Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cyclanthus bipartitus 'Gigant' bepah 3 Jun 11, 2010 9:05 AM
Welcome to the Beginner Gardening Questions forum! dave 53 Jun 18, 2013 4:28 PM
canna rhizomes help Allison_FL 20 Jan 16, 2013 6:55 PM
Where to locate my garden - light issues Martell 18 Apr 19, 2010 2:17 PM
Baby Oak Tree Seedtosser1 13 Jun 4, 2009 5:13 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America