Black Baccara

Hidden Meadows, CA

My first favorite cutting rose of the season (I'm sure others are to follow). Although not really much of a scent, she is incredibly prolific and has wonderfully straight long stems.

Thumbnail by The_Meadows Thumbnail by The_Meadows Thumbnail by The_Meadows
Rancho Santa Rita, TX(Zone 8a)

beautiful

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

That second photo is just beautiful. There must be a spot for it in the anual photo contest. That rose must be fun to mix with other colors.

Rancho Santa Rita, TX(Zone 8a)

I suspect the lighting doesn't do justice
to the true color.

I betcha it is a deep velvety black-red !

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

I like that color to mix with blues and yellows. Very pretty.

Conroe, TX(Zone 8b)

It really looks like you're doing something really right The_Meadows. I should post some photos, as I've had one for over 4 years now, and have had practically nothing but beautiful roses; they are a little susceptible to black spot, but so's everything else here too :) . Beautiful roses !

Hidden Meadows, CA

Thanks for the compliments! I'm actually kind of surprised at how well they are all doing. Planted this rose garden a bit over a year ago (just over 100 roses in this one) and had to use a 35 lb jack hammer to dig many of the holes - way too much g in the dg!

Waiting for Black Magic to open but I think Black Baccara is darker and more velvety.

West Monroe, LA(Zone 8a)

Fabulous! Now I want one too. I was suppose to not buy roses this year-until fall after I've redone' actually taken out and moved the center of my garden. My son came over to spray my roses for me and " UH, MOM! just couldn't help yourself could you." as I had him spray a double red knockout, "heirloom and a new peachy groundcover rose still in their new pots. LOL!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images