Our annual end-of-summer contest is here, come on down to the Dave's Garden County Fair!

Black Baccara

Hidden Meadows, CA

My first favorite cutting rose of the season (I'm sure others are to follow). Although not really much of a scent, she is incredibly prolific and has wonderfully straight long stems.

Thumbnail by The_Meadows Thumbnail by The_Meadows Thumbnail by The_Meadows
Rancho Santa Rita, TX(Zone 8a)

beautiful

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

That second photo is just beautiful. There must be a spot for it in the anual photo contest. That rose must be fun to mix with other colors.

Rancho Santa Rita, TX(Zone 8a)

I suspect the lighting doesn't do justice
to the true color.

I betcha it is a deep velvety black-red !

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

I like that color to mix with blues and yellows. Very pretty.

Conroe, TX(Zone 8b)

It really looks like you're doing something really right The_Meadows. I should post some photos, as I've had one for over 4 years now, and have had practically nothing but beautiful roses; they are a little susceptible to black spot, but so's everything else here too :) . Beautiful roses !

Hidden Meadows, CA

Thanks for the compliments! I'm actually kind of surprised at how well they are all doing. Planted this rose garden a bit over a year ago (just over 100 roses in this one) and had to use a 35 lb jack hammer to dig many of the holes - way too much g in the dg!

Waiting for Black Magic to open but I think Black Baccara is darker and more velvety.

West Monroe, LA(Zone 8a)

Fabulous! Now I want one too. I was suppose to not buy roses this year-until fall after I've redone' actually taken out and moved the center of my garden. My son came over to spray my roses for me and " UH, MOM! just couldn't help yourself could you." as I had him spray a double red knockout, "heirloom and a new peachy groundcover rose still in their new pots. LOL!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.