FRUSTRATION!!!

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I was a month ahead with my seedlings and so happy. Now I have managed to fry them all in the greenhouse. Grrr. Gotta start over. I just can't catch a break.

(Nadine) Devers, TX(Zone 9b)

Uh Oh.grrr..

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Rut roh! At least they're not freezing like down here.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

We went to TN overnight and I left the greenhouse unzipped but it wasn't enough. I had planted the beans and peppers out in the hoop house and I couldn't leave the cover off of it because of the cat. So the peppers got burned up too.

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

tears for you...

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

Bummer. You should have plenty of time to get those peppers going again. Surely the beans, too. Always aggrivating to lose things in that way! I'm ARRGGG'ing for you.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Oh, that IS a bummer! It's the life of a gardener, though, isn't it? Stuff happens, whether extreme temps, summer hail, infestation, or some random burrowing animal that rips everything up just as we're about to pick it. Gardening has its aggravations, that's for sure. We've all been there, I'm sure. Or will be!

I think I'd have to get some new seeds started quickly, and maybe buy some plants at one of the big box stores too, just to have something to look at while the new seeds take off again.

And onward we go.

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

Was that the cat that was only there temporarily? So sorry...

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

No. I found her a home. This is the shed cat. I got the big bed covered with bird netting today so I can leave the plastic off now. Looks like 3 or 4 of my peppers may survive. I bought a Rutgers tomato at Wal-Mart yesterday and planted it today. I planted a lemon cucumber that I hope will survive. I also planted a "small yellow watermelon". That's all the tag on the seeds said. :) I think I got them in a trade. My herbs are starting to come back out but it looks like I will have to replace the basils and the rosemary. But I feel much better about things today. It's all part of a gardener's life.

Sometimes the damage isn't as bad as it looked like at first. I'm glad you feeling better. Basil grows fast, Rosemary is slow so a month won't hurt.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I will try to buy a rosemary plant because none of my seed came up and I am out of rosemary seed.

I have always grown it from cuttings I could never grow it from seeds.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

It seeds? cuttings, for me

Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

Quote from CajuninKy :
I will try to buy a rosemary plant because none of my seed came up and I am out of rosemary seed.

Rosemary is notoriously hard to grow from seed, so you aren't alone. It's very easy to start a plant from a cutting though if you see a rosemary bush.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.