Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

What is happening in your neck of the woods..let's chat

Victoria Harbour, ON

Moved us over from here

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1302495/

lordy it's a blistery day, snow, freezing rain and strong wind..so glad I get to play from home the next few days..

Hope many of you get to enjoy a ray of sunshine

This message was edited Apr 12, 2013 5:47 AM

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Found you.

Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

Blustery here as well, with blowing snow, but, apparently not more that 5cm is expected ..

Enjoy your days at home Betty, thanks for moving us over too ^_^

Have NO PLANS for today at all .. I have over done it this past week, and, am paying for it !!!

TGIF

~M~

(Susan) Calgary, AB(Zone 3b)

We have sunshine, but still minus 5 at 7:30.....
Going for coffee with a friend at 10am. I'm making some Gluten Free bread to take to her. I sure love my breadmaker........... :-)

Good grief, bring on the horse drawn sleighs and lets go for a ride in the winter wonderland ~~
We have had a good 5cm+ of snow, AND< it's still falling !!

Hope your bread turned out A OK Susan, haven't used my breadmaker in a while now ..

Pill night, best conjur up a filling supper, pasat sounds about right !

Enjoy your evening

~M~

lol LOVE your avatar, Marilyn! That's one mighty BIG needle you're carrying! lol

My gluten free bread was a hit with Judy - both she and her daughter are celiac......
And my rosemary focaccia bread is tasty!! So quick and easy, too! nummers!!

what's pasat? Paced Auditory Serial Addition Test (PASAT)?!?!?!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Ohhh "M" if it's pasta can I join you??

Young girl across the street was to come and start raking this weekend, won't happen, covered in snow..it's a cold damp one.

I too should start cooking supper, did mean to start something earlier on but finished a few projects instead. Think a bowl of hot soup will do the trick.
I keep turning up the heat as temps must be dropping.

Gardens sure will behind schedule this year, I will likely be raking in June vs April.

oh DUH......... of course it must be pasta. Guess I'd dumbed down this morning (too much on my mind, I guess) and couldn't figure that out. Where Was my head at......

LoL .. yep .. dyslexic moi typed 'pasat' instead of 'pasta' LoL
Had some left over chicken breast, some cream sauce and some 'Wagon Wheel' pasta .. never ever use that type of pasta much, usually in the summer as the base for a macaroni salad .. worked well tonight .. .. and my 8 pills had a nice cushion to fall onto/into .. whatever :-)

The perennial beds were bare yesterday .. but, covered today !!

Best get ready for Corrie ^_^

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Sounds yummy, I can't even drum up enough energy to micro soup let alone such a feast as you have done. Haven't checked on tomorrow's weather, almost afraid to.

Here is hoping the starch in the pasta coats the meds and no side effects to them.

Terrible when you have to fight feeling poorly. Fought headache all day finally caving in to drugs..these headaches will make a druggy out of me yet.

What an odd feeling, was sewing downstairs and a all from upstairs calling in distress. ' help me mom" which caused me to race up..nobody...
I emailed both Greg and Jeff asking if everything was ok?? I must be losing it!

Betty - you're psychic.......... I swear you are. Every time you get this sick feeling of "another shoe is going to fall" something happens to someone......
Hate to sound so negative, but you're pretty much "right on" when this happens.....

Betty, I feel so bad for you .. very unsettling to have that happen .. and, I do so hope it's not a harbinger of something that is 'going to' happen !!
I have never had it happen to me, in that way, but, a few weeks after our 18 year old Norwegian Elkhound was put down, I heard his collar rattle! I looked all through the house, no Gustav, but, I was restless for the rest of the day, heck, the rest of the week !!!

That pasta dish 'Wagon wheels al Fredo a Marilynne' (LoL) took all of TEN minutes to make! We had had pasta on Wednesday for supper and I cooked more than needed (as always) .. I just had to heat up the sauce with the chicken, pour boiling water over the pasta, drain it, put it all in a warmed bowl, and, PRESTO LoL

Snowed most all of the night, Lorna is getting ready to get out there and push around some snow .. the family down the road that she ploughs out has already called for her .. so nice she has a few side jobs .. she LOVES doing it ..

Making pea soup, best get at the veggies ..

Have a wonderful weekend !!

~M~

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Found you guys , got hooked up on that blocking thing and did not remember my password. frustrating. We have snow here!
Merry Christmas everyone.

Alberta Ann

LOL Merry Christmas indeed!!
it's getting cold here, but I gather it's going to be colder and more snow up in Edmonton
Take care and let your DH do the shovelling.......... Don't want you injuring yourself!

Victoria Harbour, ON

All I can say Ann is maybe with winter dragging on we'll have our proper seasons in line..seasons are so mixed up of late..laughed when you said Merry Christmas..here I am putting binding on a Christmas quilt throw for something to do this weekend due to the weather!

LOL Ok, I am NOT in the Christmas spirit, except for the fact that I'm adding a border on Mittsy's Christmas throw for the Round Robin thread LOL hmmmm guess I am in the spirit lol

Victoria Harbour, ON

Finishing my Round Robin as well Susan..hate pieces dragging unfinished.

Ann,do you have lots of plants started and doing well..into greenhouse yet?

today is not the day for Round Robin - I have some paperwork to clear out before I start my taxes......

All this talk of snow .. we are in for MORE here .. nuts is all I can say, but tend to go along with Betty, perhaps this year the Seaons will align more effectively ?

Pea soup is ready, have started a new book .. and I plan to put a fair dent in it tonight ..

Nice to hear from you AbAnn :-) And, I SO hear you on the need to put in a password a couple of days ago .. talk about all of a sudden going B L A N K !!!

TTFN

~M~

We're supposed to get 10 to 25 cm of snow, ending tomorrow afternoon........ YUCK!!
and ABAnn got it first, so I can appreciate how yucky it is in Edmonton........

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Hi All
Only about 7 cm's of snow so far and it's stopped for now. yes lots of plants started. I have a pile under lights downstairs and about 18 trays of 2 inch(32per tray) at my friends house in her atrium. Was hoping to get the Ghouse up and running this weekend but it does seem that it will have to wait another week. Then the tougher stuff will go out with some bottom heat( heat mats) under them and the easily frozen ones still inside. Will have to transplant the grasses soon due to any inkling of being root bound leads to them heading out and they kind of stop growing. Best to move them to bigger pots earlier than some others.
Oh well I will have to get another bale of the Promix BX for my next planting frenzy.
Alberta Ann

Glad to hear you didn't have as much snow as everyone thought, AbAnn!
It looks like we'll have more here, though..........

Victoria Harbour, ON

It's a winter wonderland out there, had hoped to have a good start of raking this weekend, had rakers all set up but not to be.

Ann, are they mostly annuals? Are they all for your own use? Would be a bonus having a greenhouse to play in. How far behind are you in being in the greenhouse this year?

Greg and family dropped in last night for a visit. Greg asked how the quilting frame was working, told him I did a quilt but it was a little high for me, he insisted that he and Kyle would go lower it much to my saying another day. Sometimes it would be nice if they just visited without my having something for them to do.

Time for breakfast then I think I shall run into Walmart..few things I need , wish they opened earlier then they do ..could have been there and home before they do.

The predicted snowfall didn't materialize here overnight, I have yet to look at any radar pics, but, since I can't change the weather, I guess what comes, comes ^_^

Blue Jays are squawking for peanuts .. so that'll be my next task.
Hope to make a pumpkin pie this morning, and , finish up some laundry .. not quite 'on my game' as they say.

Have a wonderful Sunday !!

~M~

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Betty
Yes annuals other than a few Hosta Seedlings from ViAnn. My friend and I share with family and friends. I think it's more of the challenge than making any money. G house is running about 2 weeks late, that is if I get it going next weekend. Have a cheater system of Styrofoam sheets and a heat mat that means I don't have to heat the whole thing. Then it goes gang busters for a month and then most things get planted out. I do keep the new hostas that I've ordered in there along with a few tomatoes and cuke's. That meant on one hailstorm I still had tomatoes and my friends and neighbors didn't.
I like to sit out there too. Just me and the dog smelling the soil and having a cup of tea. It is a lovely warmth and very peaceful.

Betty I suspect your men folk just like to be busy and useful , I have one like that who can't sit still and just visit. He has to be doing something and he feels better if he has helped in some way.
M I can smell that pumpkin!!

Alberta Ann

guess we got everyone's snow lol
Stayed home from church today because of the snow..........

CRIKIES !! We have been besieged with SNOW .. large amounts and more to come ..
I had to cancel my docs appt today as the roads are horrible .. Lorna is happy, she's off clearing out driveways and smilin away ..

Sunday was a completely lost day for me :-(
I was up and felt fine, and, by 9am I was in bed and did NOT get up except to go to the BR .. didn't eat anything, or drink anything (except water with meds)
Today I cancelled an appt and was about to go back to bed when I stopped myself and said NO WAY .. I'm going to make the pumpkin pie from yesterdays (gonna do list) and a few other things .. I may be slow, but, I'll get'er done !!

Betty, I hope you're feeling better (headache wise)

AbAnn, the GHouse sounds wonderful :-) enjoy it .. I'm sure this snow will go soon !!!

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Lordy you can keep the snow "M", suppose to be double digits for the next 4 days..looking forward to finally getting out and raking even if it's only for an hour after work. Did have help this past weekend but it's hard to rake when they are covered in snow/ice so nothing got done.

I also had a bit of a quiet day yesterday, invited Greg and family over for supper, got tired and twice I said to them, 'know you feel you have to stay a bit seeing you have had supper, but it's ok, know you've work tomorrow' finally Greg said, 'mom are you trying to tell us to leave' quickly I felt bad, said no, stay as long as you wish..drats was 10 when they left lol

Sorry this round of meds hit you so hard "M", don't fight it by trying to stay up all day..little rest won't do you harm.

Actually I was nauseated and dizzy a good part of the morning..been sitting cutting fabric at my desk, a bit of sewing..got to say, when trying to rid yourself of scraps and odd/sods it seems that the more you make with them the more they multiply.

Let's hope that this is winter's last hurrah

YAHOO, the pumpkin pie is made and my next task is my shower !!!
It has started to RAIN off and on now .. going to be a cruel drive home to the country from town this evening.
Am trying to convince Gord to stay home, Monday nights he goes to his best friends for coffee with some other friends .. it's about 10 minutes away, but I worry.

I hear ya on the love of family but, the need for them to go! Murray called an hour ago and was going to drop by as the kids have a 'snow day', felt bad, but I had to say NO .. I am just not into entertaining right now ..
Hope you feel better Betty ..

Off to the shower !!

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

The kids had visited on Saturday night..just felt if I was going to cook for 1 I might as well cook for a gang seeing that's always how much food I end up with.

Amazing, snowday in April, that being said we had 2 ice days last week, kids got to stay home. Hope Gord listens to you "M" and stays home. Better safe than sorry

Can taste that pumkin pie..yummm Did you freeze the pulp or buy a can of pumpkin
maybe this weekend I'll make pumpkin and lemon merangue pie..maybe I can have the girls over Saturday or Sunday OR can drop a pie or two over to the kids.

Betty - any accolades on your bread?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Turned out fine, all gone..the lemon squares that I tried didn't turn out so well..lol oh well, the rest was
A-1

Good for you re: bread! What was up with the lemon squares - didn't "set"?

Victoria Harbour, ON

It was a package I had bought in the states, thought I'd try them, won't be buying them again..but that is ok.

oh, thought you'd made them from scratch....... well, it's ok that you know not to get them again!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Watching the news..another special development in the bombing..how senseless , prayers for all

I join with you, Betty - my prayers for all those injured - emotionally and physically........

I let out a huge sigh of relief last night !! Gord's brothers daughter, Sarah, was to have gone to the marathon .. she, however, had a work committment, but, her best friend did go .. Karen croseed the finish line at 3:58, and, the bomb went off at 4:07 .. she was far enough away to not be injured, but was certainly caught up in the caos.

Going to 'try' a trip into the city today. HAVE to go tomorrow as we are having our Income Taxes done ..

Stay well

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning..rainy day here, hope it washing away winter!

OMG "M" talk about lucky, she must have had an angel running along with her.
Enjoy your day..must mean you are feeling slightly better?

Lets just say I am going to 'push' a bit harder today. NOT over the moon, but just OUT and into the city .. Lorna will have to do the walking as I am useless in that dept :-(

Sun just popped out here, apparently it won't stay .. rain expected later today ..

~M~

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.