Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 12, 2013
3:46 AM

Post #9480977

Moved us over from here

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1302495/

lordy it's a blistery day, snow, freezing rain and strong wind..so glad I get to play from home the next few days..

Hope many of you get to enjoy a ray of sunshine

This message was edited Apr 12, 2013 5:47 AM

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

April 12, 2013
4:12 AM

Post #9480983

Found you.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

April 12, 2013
4:56 AM

Post #9480999

Blustery here as well, with blowing snow, but, apparently not more that 5cm is expected ..

Enjoy your days at home Betty, thanks for moving us over too :-)

Have NO PLANS for today at all .. I have over done it this past week, and, am paying for it !!!

TGIF

~M~

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 12, 2013
6:21 AM

Post #9481098

We have sunshine, but still minus 5 at 7:30...
Going for coffee with a friend at 10am. I'm making some Gluten Free bread to take to her. I sure love my breadmaker... :-)

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

April 12, 2013
1:27 PM

Post #9481600

Good grief, bring on the horse drawn sleighs and lets go for a ride in the winter wonderland ~~
We have had a good 5cm+ of snow, AND< it's still falling !!

Hope your bread turned out A OK Susan, haven't used my breadmaker in a while now ..

Pill night, best conjur up a filling supper, pasat sounds about right !

Enjoy your evening

~M~

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 12, 2013
1:30 PM

Post #9481604

lol LOVE your avatar, Marilyn! That's one mighty BIG needle you're carrying! lol

My gluten free bread was a hit with Judy - both she and her daughter are celiac...
And my rosemary focaccia bread is tasty!! So quick and easy, too! nummers!!

what's pasat? Paced Auditory Serial Addition Test (PASAT)?!?!?!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 12, 2013
1:55 PM

Post #9481642

Ohhh "M" if it's pasta can I join you??

Young girl across the street was to come and start raking this weekend, won't happen, covered in snow..it's a cold damp one.

I too should start cooking supper, did mean to start something earlier on but finished a few projects instead. Think a bowl of hot soup will do the trick.
I keep turning up the heat as temps must be dropping.

Gardens sure will behind schedule this year, I will likely be raking in June vs April.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 12, 2013
2:45 PM

Post #9481698

oh DUH... of course it must be pasta. Guess I'd dumbed down this morning (too much on my mind, I guess) and couldn't figure that out. Where Was my head at...

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

April 12, 2013
3:17 PM

Post #9481727

LoL .. yep .. dyslexic moi typed 'pasat' instead of 'pasta' LoL
Had some left over chicken breast, some cream sauce and some 'Wagon Wheel' pasta .. never ever use that type of pasta much, usually in the summer as the base for a macaroni salad .. worked well tonight .. .. and my 8 pills had a nice cushion to fall onto/into .. whatever :-)

The perennial beds were bare yesterday .. but, covered today !!

Best get ready for Corrie :-)

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 12, 2013
3:53 PM

Post #9481778

Sounds yummy, I can't even drum up enough energy to micro soup let alone such a feast as you have done. Haven't checked on tomorrow's weather, almost afraid to.

Here is hoping the starch in the pasta coats the meds and no side effects to them.

Terrible when you have to fight feeling poorly. Fought headache all day finally caving in to drugs..these headaches will make a druggy out of me yet.

What an odd feeling, was sewing downstairs and a all from upstairs calling in distress. ' help me mom" which caused me to race up..nobody...
I emailed both Greg and Jeff asking if everything was ok?? I must be losing it!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 12, 2013
4:01 PM

Post #9481792

Betty - you're psychic... I swear you are. Every time you get this sick feeling of "another shoe is going to fall" something happens to someone...
Hate to sound so negative, but you're pretty much "right on" when this happens...

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

April 13, 2013
5:01 AM

Post #9482174

Betty, I feel so bad for you .. very unsettling to have that happen .. and, I do so hope it's not a harbinger of something that is 'going to' happen !!
I have never had it happen to me, in that way, but, a few weeks after our 18 year old Norwegian Elkhound was put down, I heard his collar rattle! I looked all through the house, no Gustav, but, I was restless for the rest of the day, heck, the rest of the week !!!

That pasta dish 'Wagon wheels al Fredo a Marilynne' (LoL) took all of TEN minutes to make! We had had pasta on Wednesday for supper and I cooked more than needed (as always) .. I just had to heat up the sauce with the chicken, pour boiling water over the pasta, drain it, put it all in a warmed bowl, and, PRESTO LoL

Snowed most all of the night, Lorna is getting ready to get out there and push around some snow .. the family down the road that she ploughs out has already called for her .. so nice she has a few side jobs .. she LOVES doing it ..

Making pea soup, best get at the veggies ..

Have a wonderful weekend !!

~M~
annabell52
Edmonton, AB
(Zone 3a)

April 13, 2013
11:24 AM

Post #9482549

Found you guys , got hooked up on that blocking thing and did not remember my password. frustrating. We have snow here!
Merry Christmas everyone.

Alberta Ann

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 13, 2013
11:56 AM

Post #9482579

LOL Merry Christmas indeed!!
it's getting cold here, but I gather it's going to be colder and more snow up in Edmonton
Take care and let your DH do the shovelling... Don't want you injuring yourself!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 13, 2013
12:16 PM

Post #9482603

All I can say Ann is maybe with winter dragging on we'll have our proper seasons in line..seasons are so mixed up of late..laughed when you said Merry Christmas..here I am putting binding on a Christmas quilt throw for something to do this weekend due to the weather!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 13, 2013
12:18 PM

Post #9482604

LOL Ok, I am NOT in the Christmas spirit, except for the fact that I'm adding a border on Mittsy's Christmas throw for the Round Robin thread LOL hmmmm guess I am in the spirit lol

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 13, 2013
12:19 PM

Post #9482605

Finishing my Round Robin as well Susan..hate pieces dragging unfinished.

Ann,do you have lots of plants started and doing well..into greenhouse yet?

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 13, 2013
12:20 PM

Post #9482606

today is not the day for Round Robin - I have some paperwork to clear out before I start my taxes...

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

April 13, 2013
1:58 PM

Post #9482692

All this talk of snow .. we are in for MORE here .. nuts is all I can say, but tend to go along with Betty, perhaps this year the Seaons will align more effectively ?

Pea soup is ready, have started a new book .. and I plan to put a fair dent in it tonight ..

Nice to hear from you AbAnn :-) And, I SO hear you on the need to put in a password a couple of days ago .. talk about all of a sudden going B L A N K !!!

TTFN

~M~

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 13, 2013
3:03 PM

Post #9482750

We're supposed to get 10 to 25 cm of snow, ending tomorrow afternoon... YUCK!!
and ABAnn got it first, so I can appreciate how yucky it is in Edmonton...
annabell52
Edmonton, AB
(Zone 3a)

April 13, 2013
6:36 PM

Post #9482963

Hi All
Only about 7 cm's of snow so far and it's stopped for now. yes lots of plants started. I have a pile under lights downstairs and about 18 trays of 2 inch(32per tray) at my friends house in her atrium. Was hoping to get the Ghouse up and running this weekend but it does seem that it will have to wait another week. Then the tougher stuff will go out with some bottom heat( heat mats) under them and the easily frozen ones still inside. Will have to transplant the grasses soon due to any inkling of being root bound leads to them heading out and they kind of stop growing. Best to move them to bigger pots earlier than some others.
Oh well I will have to get another bale of the Promix BX for my next planting frenzy.
Alberta Ann

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 13, 2013
8:39 PM

Post #9483137

Glad to hear you didn't have as much snow as everyone thought, AbAnn!
It looks like we'll have more here, though...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 14, 2013
3:35 AM

Post #9483240

It's a winter wonderland out there, had hoped to have a good start of raking this weekend, had rakers all set up but not to be.

Ann, are they mostly annuals? Are they all for your own use? Would be a bonus having a greenhouse to play in. How far behind are you in being in the greenhouse this year?

Greg and family dropped in last night for a visit. Greg asked how the quilting frame was working, told him I did a quilt but it was a little high for me, he insisted that he and Kyle would go lower it much to my saying another day. Sometimes it would be nice if they just visited without my having something for them to do.

Time for breakfast then I think I shall run into Walmart..few things I need , wish they opened earlier then they do ..could have been there and home before they do.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

April 14, 2013
5:21 AM

Post #9483287

The predicted snowfall didn't materialize here overnight, I have yet to look at any radar pics, but, since I can't change the weather, I guess what comes, comes :-)

Blue Jays are squawking for peanuts .. so that'll be my next task.
Hope to make a pumpkin pie this morning, and , finish up some laundry .. not quite 'on my game' as they say.

Have a wonderful Sunday !!

~M~
annabell52
Edmonton, AB
(Zone 3a)

April 14, 2013
11:10 AM

Post #9483591

Betty
Yes annuals other than a few Hosta Seedlings from ViAnn. My friend and I share with family and friends. I think it's more of the challenge than making any money. G house is running about 2 weeks late, that is if I get it going next weekend. Have a cheater system of Styrofoam sheets and a heat mat that means I don't have to heat the whole thing. Then it goes gang busters for a month and then most things get planted out. I do keep the new hostas that I've ordered in there along with a few tomatoes and cuke's. That meant on one hailstorm I still had tomatoes and my friends and neighbors didn't.
I like to sit out there too. Just me and the dog smelling the soil and having a cup of tea. It is a lovely warmth and very peaceful.

Betty I suspect your men folk just like to be busy and useful , I have one like that who can't sit still and just visit. He has to be doing something and he feels better if he has helped in some way.
M I can smell that pumpkin!!

Alberta Ann

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 14, 2013
11:22 AM

Post #9483605

guess we got everyone's snow lol
Stayed home from church today because of the snow...

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

April 15, 2013
8:35 AM

Post #9484755

CRIKIES !! We have been besieged with SNOW .. large amounts and more to come ..
I had to cancel my docs appt today as the roads are horrible .. Lorna is happy, she's off clearing out driveways and smilin away ..

Sunday was a completely lost day for me :-(
I was up and felt fine, and, by 9am I was in bed and did NOT get up except to go to the BR .. didn't eat anything, or drink anything (except water with meds)
Today I cancelled an appt and was about to go back to bed when I stopped myself and said NO WAY .. I'm going to make the pumpkin pie from yesterdays (gonna do list) and a few other things .. I may be slow, but, I'll get'er done !!

Betty, I hope you're feeling better (headache wise)

AbAnn, the GHouse sounds wonderful :-) enjoy it .. I'm sure this snow will go soon !!!

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 15, 2013
10:53 AM

Post #9484972

Lordy you can keep the snow "M", suppose to be double digits for the next 4 days..looking forward to finally getting out and raking even if it's only for an hour after work. Did have help this past weekend but it's hard to rake when they are covered in snow/ice so nothing got done.

I also had a bit of a quiet day yesterday, invited Greg and family over for supper, got tired and twice I said to them, 'know you feel you have to stay a bit seeing you have had supper, but it's ok, know you've work tomorrow' finally Greg said, 'mom are you trying to tell us to leave' quickly I felt bad, said no, stay as long as you wish..drats was 10 when they left lol

Sorry this round of meds hit you so hard "M", don't fight it by trying to stay up all day..little rest won't do you harm.

Actually I was nauseated and dizzy a good part of the morning..been sitting cutting fabric at my desk, a bit of sewing..got to say, when trying to rid yourself of scraps and odd/sods it seems that the more you make with them the more they multiply.

Let's hope that this is winter's last hurrah

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

April 15, 2013
11:02 AM

Post #9484983

YAHOO, the pumpkin pie is made and my next task is my shower !!!
It has started to RAIN off and on now .. going to be a cruel drive home to the country from town this evening.
Am trying to convince Gord to stay home, Monday nights he goes to his best friends for coffee with some other friends .. it's about 10 minutes away, but I worry.

I hear ya on the love of family but, the need for them to go! Murray called an hour ago and was going to drop by as the kids have a 'snow day', felt bad, but I had to say NO .. I am just not into entertaining right now ..
Hope you feel better Betty ..

Off to the shower !!

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 15, 2013
11:25 AM

Post #9485013

The kids had visited on Saturday night..just felt if I was going to cook for 1 I might as well cook for a gang seeing that's always how much food I end up with.

Amazing, snowday in April, that being said we had 2 ice days last week, kids got to stay home. Hope Gord listens to you "M" and stays home. Better safe than sorry

Can taste that pumkin pie..yummm Did you freeze the pulp or buy a can of pumpkin
maybe this weekend I'll make pumpkin and lemon merangue pie..maybe I can have the girls over Saturday or Sunday OR can drop a pie or two over to the kids.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 15, 2013
11:32 AM

Post #9485023

Betty - any accolades on your bread?

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 15, 2013

Post #9485080

Turned out fine, all gone..the lemon squares that I tried didn't turn out so well..lol oh well, the rest was
A-1

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 15, 2013
12:58 PM

Post #9485123

Good for you re: bread! What was up with the lemon squares - didn't "set"?

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 15, 2013
1:16 PM

Post #9485144

It was a package I had bought in the states, thought I'd try them, won't be buying them again..but that is ok.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 15, 2013
1:22 PM

Post #9485146

oh, thought you'd made them from scratch... well, it's ok that you know not to get them again!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 15, 2013
5:20 PM

Post #9485268

Watching the news..another special development in the bombing..how senseless , prayers for all

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 15, 2013
6:05 PM

Post #9485313

I join with you, Betty - my prayers for all those injured - emotionally and physically...

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

April 16, 2013
4:42 AM

Post #9485697

I let out a huge sigh of relief last night !! Gord's brothers daughter, Sarah, was to have gone to the marathon .. she, however, had a work committment, but, her best friend did go .. Karen croseed the finish line at 3:58, and, the bomb went off at 4:07 .. she was far enough away to not be injured, but was certainly caught up in the caos.

Going to 'try' a trip into the city today. HAVE to go tomorrow as we are having our Income Taxes done ..

Stay well

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 16, 2013
5:18 AM

Post #9485729

Morning..rainy day here, hope it washing away winter!

OMG "M" talk about lucky, she must have had an angel running along with her.
Enjoy your day..must mean you are feeling slightly better?

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

April 16, 2013
5:34 AM

Post #9485744

Lets just say I am going to 'push' a bit harder today. NOT over the moon, but just OUT and into the city .. Lorna will have to do the walking as I am useless in that dept :-(

Sun just popped out here, apparently it won't stay .. rain expected later today ..

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 16, 2013
5:40 AM

Post #9485755

Rain all week except for tomorrow..sure would be nice to be home and get some raking done. I'd take a 'sick' day but as I work for family I'd surely get caught..they'd be calling, dropping in to see how I'm doing so not an option lol

Just don't overdo "M"

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 16, 2013
6:30 AM

Post #9485801

Marilyn - SO happy for you that Sarah was not there when the bombs went off! Close call, for sure. She had an angel guiding her to safety...
annabell52
Edmonton, AB
(Zone 3a)

April 16, 2013
6:51 PM

Post #9486589

Oh My, Boston was scary and I'm keeping the families who were affected in my thoughts,
"M" take it easy and I hope you will have better days

More snow coming our way.

Anyone looking for Hosta's in Canada? HostaChoice is having a sale on selected plants. I have had good success from this supplier.
Alberta Ann

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 16, 2013
7:09 PM

Post #9486610

I think this year that I will tear out my old garden (leaving the roses and the honeysuckle...), replace some soil and plant some new plants. I have a lily I got from Carol's garden that I need to plant.
There is so much in the flower garden that is either thriving TOO much, or not at all

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 16, 2013
8:01 PM

Post #9486659

Ann, as soon as the yard is raked, warmer temps I'm heading to the hosta gallery in Barrie..there are a few i'd love to get..

Ann a friend of mine who was over this evening was gabbing with me as to how we are both so far behind with yard duty and gardening..

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

April 17, 2013
8:42 AM

Post #9487197

Heading to Vancouver this weekend - the first one that's been good enough to get out in the yard.

Gave up on using the avatars because they are so fuzzy.

ViAnn
annabell52
Edmonton, AB
(Zone 3a)

April 17, 2013
9:25 AM

Post #9487236

Ann Have fun with those grandbabies!
We are to get Snow on Saturday.
Alberta Ann

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 17, 2013
11:09 AM

Post #9487350

Waiting for the 5pm press release, seems they've made an arrest..department store and news film captured the individual and was identified and arrested..thank the Lord!!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 17, 2013
12:02 PM

Post #9487405

VAnn - maybe you avatar was too large? That would stretch it and make it fuzzy...

More snow, ABAnn? yuck...

Just got off phone with new employment agency - will see them on Friday. She hopes to get me another contract position (in My end of the city!)
It's only for 5 months, but will pay better than I've gotten recently... and could be extended.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 17, 2013
12:03 PM

Post #9487406

Thank the Lord, indeed, Betty - would be nice to have the questions answered re: WHY?!?!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 17, 2013
12:07 PM

Post #9487417

Someone on another thread just made note that the Boston Police say the release of this info is fake, not TRUE.. odd isn't it that something this big could be aired without checking all releases

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

April 17, 2013
12:31 PM

Post #9487453

News reports that are released around the time of any 'disaster' seem to have to be taken with the proverbial 'grain of salt'.
Sure wish it was so though as the London Marathon is this weekend in the UK. I worry about that as Margaret Thatcher's funeral is also in that same time frame, and, there has already been terrorist attacks in London in the past.
What is the world coming to ?!!

Susan, nice to hear you may have secured another position, best wishes with that.

ViAnn, as AbAnn says, ENJOY your grandchildren, and the blooms and blossoms in Vancouver.

Out for breakfast this morning before going and having our taxes done .. have to track down ONE missing slip of paper :-(

Best get the chicken on the go ..

Toodles

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 17, 2013
3:00 PM

Post #9487637

ViAnn, my BIL was on the news the other day, not sure what Harbour HThen new amphibian boat is but he's the captain..it's similar to the duck in Washington. Enjoy the children..

"M" you have had quite th busy day..you must be exhausted. We're you not to take it eay?

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

April 17, 2013
3:58 PM

Post #9487730

They've MUCH improved the avatars. If you haven't already done so, try reloading the ones you have and ensure that they are already quite small.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

April 18, 2013
4:27 AM

Post #9488189

Susan, I paid for the 3 hours of running around once I got home on wednesday.
Today, back at it again .. have to get a copy of the missing slip from CIBC and, pick up some other papers to be mailed out.
My BFF nephew in law is the Captain of a Ferry out of Port Alberni :-)

Best get a shuffle on, out for breakfast again .. the Bistro we go to will be quite surprised !!

OH .. we have MORE snow,, another 5cm and still falling ... BLAH !!

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 18, 2013
5:38 AM

Post #9488245

Morning all,

Pouring rain here and expected to be the same for the next 2 or 3 days, hope Noah sends the arc.
Guess there will be no raking tonight.

What tragedies the USA has had this week. Explosion in Texas has taken many lives..prayers for all!

Off to eat my pancakes

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 18, 2013
7:25 AM

Post #9488396

Prayers for all of us in need...

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

April 18, 2013
12:01 PM

Post #9488686

Does anybody hear bing Crosby singing? My gosh we have gotten 10cm of snow already, with15_20cm more expected!

Gordon and I did the income tax running around, all done now, but I am exhausted, and in bed.
Have my trusty book by my side, and my blackberry .:-)

M

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 18, 2013
12:59 PM

Post #9488739

Won't be long when I get home that I'll be doing much the same..

Is bing singing 'christmas tunes' yep think I hear him lol

Hot and muggy, hard to believe that cold temps are coming the next few days, doubt it will snow though.

Paul (BIL/boss) took Suzanne and I to Chinese Buffet, had all types of foods, must say it was delicious
and I filled myself up so won't have to cook supper tonight

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 19, 2013
4:21 AM

Post #9489301

Morning!

Talk about a storm that rolled through last night, am sure there are many who will sopping water out of basement this morning...haven't been downstairs yet and I'm hoping I'll not be one of them.

Still undecided if I shall go to Buffalo after work today or early tomorrow morning. I will go through my projects and see what I need in the way of fabric/batting/threads so I can take advantage of Joann Fabric sales.

Funny how it takes so little physical work to let you know some things you shouldn't be doing, for me it was minimal raking. Last night I was hurting big tome, took a few painkillers, got into bed and couldn't settle in..tried 4 pillows in hopes it would ease pressure in my neck, when it wouldn't I thought I'd use voltaren,always masks the pain. Because I cannot reach back of my neck I use a spatula, add the voltaren and butter the neck, it works!

Well all of a sudden I could smell mint. Ooops I used toothpaste instead of the voltaren. Lol. So back in the tub for the 2nd bath of the evening. Lol

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

April 19, 2013
5:12 AM

Post #9489329

LOL Betty, 'minty fresh and clean' are we ? An honest mistake .. I just hope the spasm in your neck gives up .. valium is an excellent medication for that (speaking from experience here) .. mind you, using valium makes me sleepy, but, my neck feels great !!

Well .. we have TONS of SNOW!!!!!!!!!! Gord had to shovel a path out for the dogs so they could do their business .. and .. it is projected to blow and snow ALL day ... just can't figure it out .. however, I would imagine there will be a FLOOD warning popping up in the next few weeks when the temps go up and we start to thaw ..
Had 10cm last night, with 10 more to come .. that's lotsa water !!

Gonna make muffins later .. had a request for cranberry/all bran/flax muffins .. kinda 'fussy' to put together, but, well worth it.
Fingers crossed I can keep moving here ..

Take care all .. hope you didn't get basement water Betty

~M~

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 19, 2013
5:28 AM

Post #9489341

lol minty fresh Betty lol
~M~ hope you don't get water either! No one needs a soggy basement (this is when I'm glad I don't Have a basement...)

Well, just on my system to print documents to take to the interview @8. Will let you know how it went. 1/2 hr to go to catch my bus...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 19, 2013
6:01 AM

Post #9489367

Good luck Susan..will be waiting for the outcome, hoping you will say you start Monday.

Lordy it's already 16 here this morning then temps will drop rapidly..keep your sow "M"

Drats I've been glued to tv since about 5am just like I was 911 listening to news unfold.

Not ready for Valium yet, best I do in 333

Still not decided if I'm going to head to Buffalo this aft or in the a.m.

Better decide soon..wow trees are bending in 1/2

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 19, 2013
10:03 AM

Post #9489638

I don't think I will get this job - 5 mo contract - as they want someone who's worked with 3 Project Managers simultaneously, not 1 Project Manager with 3 projects...
But, I spoke to the fellow I interviewed with on Tuesday, and he has 3 potential clients that are looking for perm employee... One hasn't confirmed the job yet, so we'll see.
Obviously not starting work on Monday lol

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 19, 2013
11:25 AM

Post #9489690

Well that's too bad Susan..at least there seems to be an interest!

1/2 hr to go then Buffalo bound..better I go tonight so it won't make for a long/long day tomorrow. Am hoping to be home around 4 or so.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

April 19, 2013
2:51 PM

Post #9489890

Safe travels Betty .. wouldn't think of leaving our driveway .. still snowing here ..

Susan .. fingers crossed

~M~

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 19, 2013
2:52 PM

Post #9489892

Safe travelling, Betty!!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 20, 2013
2:47 AM

Post #9490411

Morning all,

Wind was horrendous, all I could do in some areas was to keep car on the road! No wonder shoulder muscles are paining, stress of holding steering wheel.

Will soon be getting mobile, meeting a dg friend for breakfast then shop/shop/shop...

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

April 20, 2013
5:25 AM

Post #9490487

What a difference 8 hours can make.

After my last post here on Friday I rec'd a phonecall from a cousin informing me her Mom, my Auntie Vi, had passed away. It was sudden, but not. Aunt Vi had been on the Palliative Care unit for 2 weeks, she was 87 and her body has been failing her for many years.
She leaves behind 3 daughters. Her hubby, Uncle Jack (my Mom's brother) passed away last October .. don't know if you remember, I couldn't go to the funeral as I was in a bad way with 'whatever it is' that I have.
Jack and Vi were one of the 'War Bride" couples featured in a CBC documentary in 2011.

2 hours after that call, one of my dearest friends while growing up called... went to school together, entered nursing together, worked together .. anyway, her only sibling, Charles, passed away Friday as well!! Deb was crushed .. Charles had been diagnosed with prostate cancer 2 years ago at the age of 54 .. he was being monitored .. not closely enough I guess.

Anyway .. I won't be able to go to either funeral unless I go by wheelchair, and with 20inches of snow needing to be cleared away across the city .. I doubt that'll happen ...

Needless to say, I am bummed right out here !!!!

~M~

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

April 20, 2013
11:46 AM

Post #9490868

Pluggin along here .. Murray and family just left ... the sun is shining, and everything seems to be A OK for now ..
Hope it stays that way ..

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 20, 2013
3:26 PM

Post #9491032

I'm so sorry to hear of both passings "M". Sending prayers along with warm hugs.

Just got back from Buffalo, another commitment met..had promised to take Linda and a promise is a promise.

Imagine, snow just a blowing in Barrie area and -3' what's with that?

Took hot bath, going to put a heat patch on my shoulder and hear to bed..not to sleep but just relax..tired out!
annabell52
Edmonton, AB
(Zone 3a)

April 22, 2013
10:51 AM

Post #9493207

'M' Sorry to hear of you loss of Auntie Vi, to be 87 was amazing.
Alberta Ann

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

April 23, 2013
2:27 PM

Post #9494721

Thanks ladies.
Busy days here, I will attend the funeral using lorna's wheelchair, Gordon finally convinced me.
No way could I just use my cane.

Hope all are fine

M

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 24, 2013
5:29 AM

Post #9495361

Morning,

Well is April showers brings May flowers I will have mega pretties..Lordy it's raining hard, just what neighboring towns don't need, nor do I!

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/04/22/ontario-communities-hit-by-flooding-hope-worst-now-over/

glad Gordon talked you into it "M", you will feel better for going!

Hope you are getting the sun today..I saw a daffodils out this morning..last night while taking I saw buds on the flowering trees, ohhh won't be too long before seeing leaves.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

April 24, 2013
12:39 PM

Post #9495780

It'll be one year May 28 since Thunder Bay and area had its big flood .. looking back I feel we were blessed with just having lost what we did, others lost so much more and are STILL awaiting settlement.

+8C here today, snow is melting quickly .. can see GRASS :-)

Not too crazy about having to use a wheelchair tomorrow, but, I would feel so awful missing my Aunt's funeral .. so .. I best 'suck it up'

Hope everyone is doing OK .. ViAnn, how's Vancouver ?

~M~

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

April 24, 2013
6:01 PM

Post #9496041

I'm back in Ottawa. It was a short visit. :-) We had nice weather except for Friday.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

April 25, 2013
5:12 AM

Post #9496420

Good to hear you had nice weather ViAnn.
Weather here is getting better by the day, and harbingers of SPRING keep appearing, the ever elusive ROBIN, murders of Crows, SKUNKS, and pot holes :-)

Up bright and early to get my body into some kind of stable state to attend the funeral .. lots of mixed emotions, one of which is my sincere hope Gordon can push me up a ramp and into the service, I have been assured that is the case, but, I still worry .. if need be I could walk, but it would exhaust me to no end.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the warmer temps

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 25, 2013
5:50 AM

Post #9496464

Morning all,

weather about the same here "M"

Imagine it snowed last evening, light dusting of snow this morning, sun will likely melt it then rain to come mid afternoon, feels like I will never get my gardens raked! Bought a riding lawnmower yesterday and a tag along trailer so now I'm hoping for the grass to grow lol

Viola, glad the weather co-operated and that you had a good vacation, during gardening months you normally stay close to home correct?

"M" mind boggling how this disease hit you so quickly..shaking my head! I'm sure the funeral/going in wheelchair is overwhelming for you but I'm sure you will do fine. No fun though having to attend a funeral of a loved one.

Waiting for 10am so I can leave work for 1/2 hr to get to the fabric shop, seems that I miscalculated by about 6" of blue for the memory tie quilt backing..drats, must learn whatever I decide I need for fabric add 1/2 meter to each..seems I'm always trying to match fabric bought lol

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

April 25, 2013
7:30 AM

Post #9496569

Betty - not always. We will be away for a couple of weeks in late June-early July and away for a couple of weeks in September. Should be mostly here for the rest of the summer.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 25, 2013
8:52 AM

Post #9496680

love your avatar Viola!!
After awhile you start getting tired of travelling right? Know I've been away so much I'm actually looking forward to staying home this weekend and playing in the garden, that is IF Mother Nature co-operates.
Have you got the gardens done? must go to my hostas and clean them up, should have cut them down in the fall but wasn't feeling up to par..

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

April 25, 2013
9:52 AM

Post #9496762

So far, it's not been great gardening in Ottawa. And since I've been back from Vancouver it's been very busy. 3 students on Tuesday, aquafit in the morning, haircut midday, meeting in the evening. Yesterday volunteering at the FC followed by the AGM in the evening. It should calm down in a few days, but I'm not likely to get into the garden until the weekend, though I MAY pull a planter out of the porch - I've tried overwintering some hostas in it. I think it could use moisture from rain.

ViAnn

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

April 25, 2013
1:48 PM

Post #9496956

My Aunt's service was lovely. Lots of relatives and family friends.
Most were taken aback seeing.me in a wheelchair, and I felt odd, but it sure made it easier for me.

Betty, this whole health thing has me in a tailspin!
Called the surgeon's office today , and I will be seeing him in May. Surgery will be?? ?

Ttf
M

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 25, 2013
2:36 PM

Post #9497004

always nice meeting up with family/friends even though its during a difficult time, might shed a tear but always rings laughter as well.

So you've decided to go ahead with the surgery??

ViAnn, hasn't been great this spring weather wise..raining this afternoon and I'm almost afraid to check weekend weather. I'd sure like to see your calendar, how you keep all your commitments straight is beyond me. You are one busy lady!

As for your overwintering, should be no different than them in the ground right?

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

April 26, 2013
11:07 AM

Post #9498023

Lorna has been out for the last hour raking and putzing around the yeard while I did her taxes ..
I used TurboTax .. quite easy to use .. but.. SO many questions !!
She neither owes nor pays ..

The deer have really increased in numbers over the past few days! We aren't feeding them this year, but, they seem to have decided that our 2 big Cedars need pruning 'a la deer' lol
This morning there were 4 of them peering in through the front window, I said to Gordon ' they are watching the Stephenson TV channel" !
Gord left for a Sportsmens show in Manitoba this morning .. he and a friend have a display at it this weekend.

Re the right hip replacement, I have NO choice Betty .. it's either have it done, or, be forever in a wheelchair, or worse .. I am fine with a cane in the house and for short excursions, but, any distance I have to think twice, my balance is terrible.
I think back to all the physical activities I did .. in my youth 12 years of figure skating (lotsa falls on hips), downhill skiing (again falls), softball, curling .. gads, no wonder my hip is moaning, mind you, the emergence of this arthritis is NOT helping .. lets hope the drugs do as I have a GREAT aversion to surgery !!!!

TTFN

~M~

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

April 28, 2013
9:36 AM

Post #9499849

LoL, everyone must be out gardening .. I know Lorna has spent the last 2 days rake in hand getting the dogs compound looking very spiffy doo :-)
Higher temps and wind have taken the snow back significanlty .. YAY !!!

Gord called from Manitoba, they have done very well at the Sportsmens show and may start home this afternoon .. it'd be about an 8-9 hour trip.

Nothing much earth shattering happening here ..

Hope all are well

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 28, 2013
1:24 PM

Post #9500081

Have been outside for 2 days..few more gardens then raking is done and time to weed.

Omg I emptied the two ponds, green sludge/grime and frogs/warms that didn't make the season, am sure you get my drift..if I didn't like the sounds of water so. Much they would be level led over.

Smaller pond finished except the boys have to design proper waterfall when they come to do my mothers day to do list. Larger of the ponds just needs the water feature pump set in and filled, perhaps tomorrow after work.

Soo am aching like heck, had 4 bath as I did each step, couldn't stand the tench..

Am very pleased re my weekend but I'll be hurting tomorrow! I think I still smell like swamp..

"M" you still have snow?? Had to be on the 70's today. How are you feeling today? Did Gordon work the show or was he out looking for toys.

Greg and my brother Mike each bought a spider..mike picked his up Friday but Greg's won't be ready until wednesday. Boys and their toys

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

April 28, 2013
2:36 PM

Post #9500165

Got out into the garden for awhile. A lot of clean-up needed to be done. Some of it now IS done. Dug out a few dandelions. Couldn't stay out there too long because I have an orchestra rehearsal this evening and I dare not be sore. Ottawa Chamber Orchestra has a concerto competition program in early June for which we've had 2 rehearsals so far. Missed one last week when I was in Vancouver and will miss one next week when I'm involved with a massed handbell concert (and playing my viola).

The pressure is on for this program. The Neilson Flute Concerto has a wicked and very exposed viola solo in the 2nd movement which I had totally missed when I first looked through the music. Very embarrassing last rehearsal I was at because I couldn't sight-read this solo. Figure I have to nail it this evening.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 28, 2013
2:46 PM

Post #9500184

ViAnn, best of luck this evening with the rehersal. I'm sure you had no reason to be embarrassed, you are one professional lady!

Seems once we make a dent in our gardens we are more enthused at getting it done. We must have had the same sunshine weather, feels good doesn't it?

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

April 29, 2013
6:33 AM

Post #9500897

Hope everyones evening went well, and, that nobody is too achy!!

Gord did get home at 11pm .. now he can go to the docs with me this aft, YAY!!

So many birds at the feeders and in the yard, nice to hear them twittering away ..

Haven't seen Susan online in a bit, hope all is OK in Calgary !!

Off I go

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 29, 2013
8:32 AM

Post #9501114

Morning,

If any indication "M" I just took a run and picked up more 'heat wraps' for the shoulders..knew I'd pay BUT it's worth having most of yard duty behind me. Young lad will try and come help with edging, we'll see how that goes.

Hydro/power went off last night around 5pm and am not sure when it came back up..had a bath this morning and was just climbing out of the tub when it went off again..maybe they are doing repairs. Brought curling iron to work to make myself at least look half decent.

Odd, I've seen more birds this past week than I have in several years..have been feeding them however I'm not so sure it's in their best interest of Missy is a bird hunter!

You will feel better with Gord being home and with you as a support system this afternoon..best of luck

Miss seeing Susan's posts..feels lonely here

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

April 29, 2013
3:34 PM

Post #9501634

Birds, birds, birds and MORE birds LoL
Blue Jays, Sparrows, Wrens, Junkos, Doves, Crows, Ravens .. akk I could go on and on .. of a sudden they showed up, and they are having a hat day pecking in the grass at ?something?
Doesn't matter, just nice to see them and HEAR them ..

Docs appt was, hmmmmm, weird .. he about flipped when Gord wheeled me in .. but.. was happy I am going ahead with the hip replacement .. and gave me new pain med to try out .. worth the try.

GLORIOUS sunshine, people walking around in shorts and tank tops ... a titch early for that .. but .. the weather is such a tease.

TTFN

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 29, 2013
4:46 PM

Post #9501734

Saw some kids at the mall as well, I was freezing for them

Don't know if it's the dampness but other than a few hot flashes I couldn't warm up..was going to put the pump in the big pond and start filling ..although it was 14 I thought better of it..tomorrow is another day!

With the new meds "M" will you still have to do your Friday routine and feel lusy for a we days.

Guess feeling the way you are you can't but help the surgery is behind you, can't be any worse than putting up with the pain you've been enduring

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

April 30, 2013
5:25 AM

Post #9502333

Hope your stiffness is gone Betty .. were you here right now, you'd seize up! Foggy and damp .. about +6C I think ..
The Birds are still ground feeding as well sitting on the feeders .. doubtless we'll see rain today, perhaps even our FIRST Thunder storm!

I noted in my daily calendar this morning, that we had our first Hummingbird of 2012 on MAY * .. not far away, will get the feeders at the ready :-)

Re the new meds .. one is for pain, and the other is a mild sedative for the nights when I basically lay in bed and watch the numbers change on the bedside alarm clock :-(
I am NOT, nor will I EVER be 'happy' thinking out this impending surgery .. to put it bluntly, I'm terrified really .. the ONLY positive thought (s) I have bumping about my wee bean are ones that reinforce the fact that after the 'fix up', I will be able to DO so much more, and get back to almost 90% of my former joys ..

A good friend just got back from Ottawa, her son is going to be going to Algonquin College in September, so, they had travelled down to scope it out. She really was impressed with Ottawa .. and is quite happy with the school and the area it's in.

Guess I should let one damp cat in !!

~M~

PS Still worried about Susan !

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 30, 2013
5:54 AM

Post #9502362

Morning,

Hope "M" he doesn't get homesick, long way to travel for a visit. Ottawa is beautiful, so clean!
Keep that train of thought, hard life for you staying as you are and can only get worse..hear some in their 80's get it done and are almost as good as new, so head up, be brave and you'll be dancing a jig not long after.

Its a sunshine day in my neighborhood, imagine it was 14 when I was driving in at 8am...sure wish I was home to play, achh likely would only work all day out side and have aches/pains by mid afternoon..might as well stay at work, boring here, but I brought in sewing..another Christmas gift lol If I keep this xmas gift making I'll soon have enough for 2014!

Have some DG friends coming May 16th for a week, Joyce is teaching hypertufa mushrooms at my house, just went on-line and booked CN Tower 360 Restaurant.. great menu and all for $55 each, might do CasaLoma as well, been years since I've been there.

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

April 30, 2013
7:18 AM

Post #9502498

Marilynne - the Algonquin campus has really grown in the last decade or so. Quite amazing. Is he staying in residence or off campus?

Rainy in Ottawa today.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

April 30, 2013
8:06 AM

Post #9502584

Ann .. Jocelyn (my friend) was very impressed with the campus. I believe David (her son) will be staying on campus ..

Lordy, it's just pouring here!! I can almost see the grass 'greening up' ~~

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 30, 2013
8:23 AM

Post #9502612

you both made me get up from my desk and check outside..ahhh sunshine city here
going home, getting gardening clothes on and will set the water feature pump in larger of the 2 ponds and fill with water

Guess you both have a 'read a book kind of day'

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

April 30, 2013
2:14 PM

Post #9503053

Yup! I did read a few chapters, but, I also made date squares .. and therin, sealed my fate .. too long on my feet (leg), so , this afternoon I had to lay down for an hour .. still kind of slow, but feel a bit less stiff.
Tried the new pain med .. guess it'll take having taken it more than once to see a difference.

Sun is breaking through every so often .. makes the day seem not a complete loss.

Enjoy your gardening, outside time, Betty .. betcha the water features will look awesome when put together and on the run.
Your DG guests arriving on May 16th will love them I'm sure.

As I said before, missing Susan's posts .. depending on my bud 'Cowtown Kathy' for any Calgary news, and, she's not half as interesting as Susan :-)

Off to make supper

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 30, 2013
2:40 PM

Post #9503082

"M" know why you are getting sunshine, you've sent me rain..got about 5 miles fom Barrie and it started so am laying on the couch..feels nice! Ann will get here at 8pm for tv bingo, I photo copied the cards so I can just dab away. In all the years we've played we've never won, perhaps tonight is the night. Lol

Can taste those date squares, you know I can't remember if I've ever made them?

Yes, always nice to get updates from Susan..

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 30, 2013
3:46 PM

Post #9503150

...thank you Marilyn, and Betty - appreciate your comments.
moi? interesting... well, I try :-)

as an update - am getting interviews, but no jobs - got a call today from one of the interviewers (employment agency) and was told her client wants to go with someone else.
I just don't know what to do...

temperature is 3c now, and will be 20c by Sunday... fits and starts of sun/cloud. Yesterday it was snowing... that's Calgary for you!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 30, 2013
3:50 PM

Post #9503152

Do???

You just get up, shake yourself off and put out more resume out there..there is a job for you, just know it..

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

April 30, 2013
4:09 PM

Post #9503176

I am putting more resumes out - 3 yesterday, and send out several per week.
It's harder work trying to get hired than it is to actually get paid for work...
on the plus side, I finally got my 1st EI payment today. It's 1/3 of what I used to get per week, but it's PAY, and I never turn down pay.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 30, 2013
4:15 PM

Post #9503184

When you consider no travelling or eating expenses it makes weekly income a bit higher.

Drats I sure am paying for my weekend work..so much pain, off for hot bath, heating pad to my neck and finds some pain killers..I never seem to learn do I?

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

May 3, 2013
3:39 AM

Post #9506244

HAPPY MAY!!!
We are still receiving 'smatterings' of snow .. 2-3cm overnight , just enough to hide the grass.
Gord and his buds are off to another Sportsmans Show, this time in Fort Francis ON. They'll leave at 7am this morning, and return home late Saturday night,

Not much to say about me but ... BLAH ..

Fingers crossed for you Susan re a job, and, I hope you;re feeling better Betty

~M~

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 3, 2013
6:10 AM

Post #9506418

Church Bazaar tomorrow - baked 6 pies and they're in the church fridge now.
now... to get ready for my sale table. I'm SO not ready...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 3, 2013
6:30 AM

Post #9506443

Love buying baking at church bazaars, you have to get there early as everything sells quickly. Hope you come home empty handed Susan!

Sitting on couch with back pushed into pillows for pressure, it helps..

Doors are open letting fresh air in, birds are chirping and I can see the leaves on the trees growing..Lordy it doesn't take long to spring to arrive once she decides to.

I purchas1 or 2 good pieces if metal art every spring, last year was thebig canadageese trio, this year I brought home a 3' fairy, 3d wings and butterfly in her hand. My order of blue heir will take a few weeks to come in. Now to let my fairy rust so she lends in with the others.

a high of 77 today(sorry"M") ill enjoy it for you! Will putter around the house as not to aggravate the shoulders and arm, surely picking a weed or two won't hurt lol

Nice to see that Gordhas such interests and friends to enjoy them with..do you fret at whathe might bring home?? Know I did when Roger would foot snowmobile or
Boat show.

Hungry, guess I didn't have supper last night, went directly to bed..what to eat, what to eat? Lol. Ohhh I could have Susan's pie if she lived closer

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 3, 2013
10:28 AM

Post #9506763

lol you're welcome to a pie, Betty - as they're going on the church bake table, if they don't sell today they'll sell after Church service tomorrow. Fly out here Betty, and you can have one LOL

Here's a pic of my mom yesterday on her 94th birthday.

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 3, 2013
10:37 AM

Post #9506771

94' wow, she looks quite healthy Susan! Is she enjoying her new home?

After my perm this afternoon think now that I talked myself into a pie I will stop in at the bakery!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 3, 2013
12:29 PM

Post #9506878

She loves her new home - it's clean, she gets regular meals and making new friends who drop by to chat (and she's initiating chatting too!). She's not alone all day anymore.
Now the family can drop by without worrying about dirt, and cat allergies (Alice).
Ruth & Alice both say she's thousand % better and happier here.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 3, 2013
1:31 PM

Post #9506977

Wonderful to hear Susan..why is it we put up a fuss about going?

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

May 4, 2013
9:24 AM

Post #9507855

LOVE the 'Mum pic' Susan .. she looks quite content, as it should be.

Rain and a temp of +1C here .. need I say more !

Piper's 3rd BDay today, no doubt a pic will be coming along.

Gord and his friends are doing well at the Sportsmens Show .. hoping to drive home tonight, however, if it's freezing rain, I would hope they's think twice.

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 4, 2013
10:21 AM

Post #9507900

"M" bet you don't want to hear that it's 76 and sunshine! Let's hope no freezing rain for Gord's travels..did he buy anything?

Susan are you having pie for desert or did you manage to sell them all?

Spent the morning getting plants from Aunt Muriel's and getting them planted. Did get groceries and bought my first hanging basket, that is a sure sign that gardening season has arrived!

Decided to have a nap when Darlene dropped in for a visit.
imagine beatiful day and I'm going to nap, perhaps I should do it outside on the hammock.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 4, 2013
1:58 PM

Post #9508060

The Church sale has it's own bake sale table, and the 6 pies I baked were donated to the church for their sale. Funny thing about the cherry pie... take you back to Christmas when I had friends for Christmas dinner and the cherry pie fell on the floor... well, today someone was going to buy the cherry pie I made and her purse strap caught on it and it fell on the floor. Only difference was - this time it was in a ziplock bag and was contained. Because she had decided to buy it and it was her fault (?!) it fell to the floor, she still paid for it and took it. But isn't that a funny coincidence? lol
I did well at my sale table - a lot of the big items sold - hammock in a frame, electric heater, etc, etc, etc so I brought very little home and made about $165! There have been times where I didn't make a penny - literally. As I was packed up, a young woman came by and I asked her if she wanted the 8 place setting of dishes I had (I have 3 other sets of dishes at home - 2 for good and 1 for everyday) for nothing. She'd just moved and was needing furniture & dishes, so I gave 'em to her. She was thrilled. It saved me from dragging them home (they were HEAVY) and I would have donated them to Goodwill anyway - saved me gas $ too! lol
The lunch they served ($5 for soup, bun, coffee & pie x 2 for Bob & I = $10) was good.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 4, 2013
2:27 PM

Post #9508083

That is great news Susan, well worth your day!

Think you best stop making cherry pie and make cherry tarts, easier for carrying!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 4, 2013
3:47 PM

Post #9508152

lol the cherry pies weren't being carried any more than cherry tarts would be... lol
It really IS good news - some sales at the church I've not made a penny, so this was well worth my while loading the car and carrying to the church without having to carry back home!!!

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

May 7, 2013
3:38 PM

Post #9512256

Thought I'd pop by and say hello.
I have been in bed for, I think, 6 days. Needless to say I am not doing well. :-(
I hobble from bed to the ensuite and that's it.
Lorna and Gordon. (bless them ) bring me toast or water etc. Have lots of people urging me to go and sit in emergency until I am cared for, I just don't work that way. I'll wait for my appointment with my surgeon as chosen, and go from there.

Have the bedroom Window open all day to listen to the most amazing birdsong. I can see the beautiful blue skies, and I watch the evergreens swaying in the breeze.

Love this BlackBerry PlayBook, but, find it hard to hold in bed.

Take care

M

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 7, 2013
4:13 PM

Post #9512305

Lordy "M", 6 days in bed, I feel so bad for you! I will join both Lorna and Gordon in saying that you really should go the emerge..I truly don't think the specialist or your doctor knows you are totally bedridden,in pain and not able to function.

I am sure if you went to emerge they would have something done immediately, you can't be in bed until your surgery as you will lose whatever strength you have.

Know it's rather a long wait in emerge but I think it's well worth going..to tell you the truth I'd be calling an ambulance so that I wouldn't have to endure the wait..you deserve after all your helping those in need of health services that you should get special treatment, it's not complaining really it isn't. Sure do wish I lived closer, I'd shake my finger at you and say 'we are going'.

I think the lovely songs the birds are chanting is them telling you to be on your way, they need you well.

Prayers and arm hugs coming your way.

This week the weather has been excellent, they are calling for rain tomorrow and again on Friday..lets hope not the weekend with it being Mothers Day and the boys coming to help me do a few things, maybe i will get a raincheck.

No sooner got home that I cut the grass, should have bought a riding lawnmower long ago! In no time I was done, of course there are a few touch ups that need push mower and weeder but that is ok.

Moved on to picking weeds for about 10 minutes and the black flies almost carried me away..drats, hope they move north so I can put a few hours in each night getting the edging and weeding behind me so that way I only have to concern myself with grass cutting and taking time to smell the roses.

Big sigh, worried about you "M"

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 7, 2013
10:40 PM

Post #9512762

((((((((Marilyn)))))))))))

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 8, 2013
8:46 AM

Post #9513209

Morning, well almost afternoon, seeing I could not sleep last night I feel as though it should be midnight.

"M" how are you feeling today?? did you call the doctor?
annabell52
Edmonton, AB
(Zone 3a)

May 8, 2013
9:42 AM

Post #9513272

(((M))) Thinking of you and hoping you get some relief from the pain!
Alberta Ann

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 8, 2013
9:46 AM

Post #9513276

Alberta Ann, how are your plantings doing..I'm finding we are about 2 or 3 weeks behind this year..might be because of the terrible winter we've had.
annabell52
Edmonton, AB
(Zone 3a)

May 8, 2013
9:55 AM

Post #9513286

Hi Betty
Have found about the same. My stuff is just waking up and I was very please to see that Carol has come to say hello. Joannabanna shared a Paeony , Dandy Dan, last year and it is up with 6 pips I'm so very excited. It makes me smile to think she is visiting me this way. Now I just get to "see" her every day.

Some tulips are up no flowers yet some very small pips on a few Hostas but 2 of my 3 Martigon Lilies have poked there heads up too. This year the plants are waking up very slowly!
Alberta Ann

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 8, 2013
10:23 AM

Post #9513318

Don't know what happened to DG, responded to your post and internet said data wasn't available.

I so would have hoped to have been in the area when they had a sale of Carol's plants, would have loved one, please say 'hi' to her..hope she's enjoying the Lord's Gardens..a friend of my sister's just passed about 10 minutes ago, ask Carol to show him around please, his name is Rick and a dog lover!

My hosta's are just coming out, perhaps 2-3", the specialty hosta I bought last year you can barely see the tip of one breaking ground.

I had to give up the last 3 years lillies due to the lily bug, have you heard about it? apparently it lives for ions once it's settled itself in the garden..I was so enjoying collecting them, guess no more!

looked back last year at this time, lordy I had cut lilacs and had them on the table, lucky to have open leaves this year..

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

May 8, 2013
10:33 AM

Post #9513338

Hi ladies

Thanks for all your thoughts. No doubt I'll get back to myself one way or another!

Nice to hear about the buds etc. We're still waiting, but the grass is greening up fast!
Lorna noticed a couple of bunnies yesterday, so the hosta will likely perish.
Waiting for the rain to start falling, maybe a thunderstorm as well.

Shuffling off to the shower.

Hugs

M

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 8, 2013

Post #9513463

being up for a shower "M" means you are feeling a tad better?
calling for rain this evening and tomorrow, so hoping is doesn't rain this weekend as it's 'mom's to do list' that gets done by the boys for Mothers Day..now you watch it rain.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

May 8, 2013
1:21 PM

Post #9513528

Beyond, I no sooner wrote my last post, and Piper jumped onto the bed and cuddled into me,sure thing, thunder was rumbling, and, the rain started. Still raining. Feel like a million bux after a shower and a pedicure!
I, too, hope the weekend is nice, it's to be a bit cooler.. +8 as opposed to +18

M

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 8, 2013
1:25 PM

Post #9513534

I remember those days "M", lordy Sailor was terrified of thunder, she'd cower, want to get under the bed, then I couldn't get her out without moving the mattress..nice that you have company in bed..you know I've never had a peddicure, what is with that??? cooler here as well, even say we may have frost!

Hoping the kids will visit but you won't have to do anything other than opening a pressie

that time of day, homeward bound

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

May 9, 2013
9:08 AM

Post #9514460

YAY!!!!!!! A 'better day' !!
I am UP, and will be STAYING up today, in fact, I'm going to strip the bed and leave it that way til later this afternoon, AND, I will hang the sheets out on the line .. I can see you all going ' OH OH, there she goes AGAIN' .. and, I agree, but, I will TAKE MY TIME, and ASK FOR HELP !!! As always, discomfort will guide me .. as soon as I feel it is getting to be too much, I STOP !!!
I am just SO pleased to be feeling a bit better !!

So .. with a HUGE smile I bid ADIEU (melodramatic huh) LoL

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 9, 2013
9:21 AM

Post #9514479

"M" how well you know us, the minute I read the first few words I did indeed say 'oh no'
But I can completely understand you wanting to be somewhat active..been a long week staying in bed..just don't overdo.

Looked like rain however we had but a few raindrops..was hoping it would all be behind us, rain/rain/rain and then clear up for the weekend, can only hope..boys will be at the house to get my 'to do' list done..I've made it easy in the numbers of projects I have but one of the ponds I've ordered 60 cinder blocks and want them to redesign and hide the waterfalls..took a lot of photo's for ideas..I'll see if they got any of their mom's creativity?? lol

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 9, 2013
1:45 PM

Post #9514761

Marilyn - yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! you can be as melodramatic as you wish!! You deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

May 9, 2013
2:30 PM

Post #9514817

Murray is much MORE creative than me .. kind of surprises me, but it's great to see.
Hope your boys can make a nice design for you ..

I DID as I said I waould (my 2 helpers close at hand) .. the sheets dried on the line in ONE hour with the sun and wind and smell awesome !!

Cod in the oven and some jasmine rice, and I am STARTING to cool down .. as in, tiring out, but feel SO good for having stuck with it !!!

Thanks for your support ladies :-)

~M~
annabell52
Edmonton, AB
(Zone 3a)

May 9, 2013
3:08 PM

Post #9514863

"M" good to read that you are chipper!
Alberta Ann

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

May 9, 2013
3:30 PM

Post #9514891

Here I am again .. and, I have a question.

I know ALL of you have bought cakes covered in those plastic 'houses' .. the cake we got for Piper was in one that was HORRENDOUS!!
I cut myself once, as did Gord ..
They are SO TIGHT !! I was going to cut the plastic to 'free' it up, but relented.
I think the best route is to buy a proper cake holder, I threw my beautiful tupperware one out years ago ..
So .. any thoughts on how to get those lids off efficiently ?

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 9, 2013
4:09 PM

Post #9514939

Glad you didn't overdo, funny how all of a sudden it comes to us that we are not doing justice to our bodies mistreating it.

You are always cooking such interesting meals, jasmine rice??

As for the cakes, do you mean those freezer types? Nothing like our old Tupperware. Lol

I worked out in the garden for a tad over 1 hr...my gardens would be done if it were not for the black flies.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

May 10, 2013
2:03 PM

Post #9515952

No, not freezer cakes .. the pleated dome like covers that SNAP into a plastic bottom piece that you would get a cake inside from a bakery
Their large and cumbersome, noisy and TOUGH to get off a cake !!
Shrimp rings from M&Ms come in the same type of set up, only they have a TAB you can pull .. the cake dome is not like that ..
Anyway .. just beware when trying to get one undone and off the cake

Up day again .. but tired most of it, so, nothing earth shattering .. finished ANOTHER book .. am looking forward to starting a new one, have about 7 to pick from :-)

Think we have a movie to watch tonight, never quite sure .. truth is, I'm good for 10 minutes, if you haven't piqued my interest up until that point, I'll be asleep post haste LoL

S N O W flurries in our forecast for tonight, non accumulative.
Cool Sat & Sun, but, sunny.

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 10, 2013
2:39 PM

Post #9515983

"M" you know me, not into the kitchen much, have had them from time to time and no difficulty or none that i noticed, perhaps you got a defect container..have been craving something sweet, I'd share a piece of Piper's cake, did you save me a piece?

If it were not for raining so heavily I'd take a run next door and get a chocolate bar.same here, Sunday/Monday possible snow..what is up with that? Glad I did not invest in Perrenials for the topsy/turvy pots.

Maybe you overdid..hint hint washing sheets..

Hope the movie is a great one, I want to try and stay up at least till 9pm so I can sleep through the night.

haven't been sleeping the best, last few nights I've been taken gravol and seems to work.

The memory quilt I made for Darlene's mom using up Art's ties is in the dryer..glad that one is done.

Top is almost done for Cindy's wedding, marrying a week Tuesday in Jamaica and will be having a gathering here at end of June so still a bit of time left but not much..want that one behind me.

I wanted to make spaghetti sauce today but no energy to even go grocery shopping and with it being cold and rainy I just said forget it..I'm an early riser so perhaps tomorrow morning.

Calling for much the same weather tomorrow, laughing to myself, boys are probably saying thank you Lord, thank you Lord as my list of to do's for our tradition work weekend for Mothers Day is quite LNG..guess we will be inside just catching up.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 10, 2013
4:39 PM

Post #9516078

Tonight Bob & I are going "driveway camping" in our Motorhome lol
Cya tomorrow, lovely people!!

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

May 11, 2013
3:48 PM

Post #9517171

Susan, i hope the pseudo camping trip was a great success!

We have been having some snow flurries off and on all day, no accumulation.

Betty here's hoping some of the 'to do list is able to be accomplished.

Slow and steady restful day today. I'm learning. LOL

M

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 11, 2013
6:46 PM

Post #9517326

Evening, although my to do list is still as I wrote it I've enjoyed having family with me..cold/ raining most of the day, when the fun finally tried to come out it was late afternoon and it was supper time.

Try for tomorrow

This weekend likely will be a washout! Oh well, not like these to do's were earth shattering.

Glad you didn't overdo "M"

Off to bed

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

May 12, 2013
5:53 AM

Post #9517629

Happy. Mother's. Day everyone!

Enjoy your day

M

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 12, 2013
7:16 AM

Post #9517761

happy Mothers Day to all as well..

Drats and more drats..nothing done on my to do list, rain yesterday, sleet/rain and a few flurries along with high winds, turned heat up and will play in my craft room..told the boys that we would reschedule to another day.

How are you feeling "m"? You will not overdo today will you?

Susan, glad you got the caps, are there none that you can get that lock?

Won't be long before you are off on your camping trip

Brr time for hot chocolate.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

May 12, 2013
7:39 AM

Post #9517782

Gordon is just now firing up the wood stove!
Chilly here for sure

Murray and family will be coming out this afternoon. I'm trying to rest now.
Betty, best to keep the 'to do. List for nicer weather.

M

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 12, 2013
9:28 AM

Post #9517872

Turned up the eat as well..

With that wind I'm sure it feels much cooler than it actually is.

Yep, told the boys I wouldnt forget where I put the list.

All are gone, will take a nap after a coffee wrms me up.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 12, 2013
9:22 PM

Post #9518515

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

The gas caps that were on the Motorhome were locking ones - just got popped... one anyway - they couldn't pop the other one, but it didn't matter, cuz the gas flowed from the full one to the empty one so they emptied it too... Bob's been running all over the place to get the right size cap - they're aren't standard, and bringing the old one, well - it's difficult to match it.

Last night we went to an Irish Dancers performance - kids from age 3 to 18... very good (but very loud - hard shoe is what they call some of it, like River Dance... my head is still pounding)
They actually did a "nod" to River Dance style.
It was called "a History of Irish Dance). Some of it was a kind of "soft shoe"

Today the moms got carnation corsages at Church. Here's a pic of them.
also, the store that donated them - one of the dads took a pic of us with some kids, so we can give a copy of this pic to the store for their bulletin board

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B   Thumbnail by Tallulah_B         
Click an image for an enlarged view.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

May 13, 2013
12:53 PM

Post #9519224

Lovely carnation corsages Susan .. are you in the pic of the Congregation? All I remember is that you're a brunette !!!
Finding the right gas cap for a Motorhome is a tedious task to say the least. In the end, Bob may have to shell out from the main dealership .. be glad you live in a BIG city .. we have had to order parts for trailers/boats from head office, and, it has taken WEEKS if not months for them to appear.
Hopefully your ears have forgotten the 'drum of the dance' !!

BEtty, our morning was bright and sunny, now the clouds have rolled in being pushed from the NORTH by brisk winds, looks like the woodstove will be ON DUTY tonight !!

Called the surgeons office this morning, the news is so disheartening I am not even going to type it. Suffice to say, I am ASHAMED of Ontario's health care system !! I guess compassion flew out the window !!

TTFN

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 13, 2013
1:15 PM

Post #9519247

How disappointing for you "M", keep trying to determine who has the ideal medical coverage us or USA..I think the USA you can almost get same day service which is wonderful but if you can't afford it doesn't help, then Canada, we've wonderful coverage but have to wait so long..catch 22 isn't it.

winds have died down here but lordy it's cold!

am hoping I can get a bit of work done outside when I get home, with company coming don't have much time to clean things up and after the storms we've had everything needs cleaning.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 13, 2013
6:29 PM

Post #9519531

Marilyn - I'm in the back - follow the word "Christ" on the right hand banner, straight down to my brunette head lol (have some grey in it, but I'm far enuff away for it to still look brunette...)

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

May 14, 2013
3:09 PM

Post #9520585

Don't know how l missed you Susan, again, great pictures.

Kind of an odd day here weather wise. Some sun,clouds,then a spitter of rain,cool temps as well.

My BIG deal of the day was making a Cinnamon Swirl Cake. Someone had posted it on Facebook last week and I have been dying to make it. Turned out well, super easy to make, but, personally, I always use butter if it's called for... A definite difference.
I have to say, I was exhausted after making it. I have lost my stamina.

Hope you're getting your yard work done Betty.

Blood work for me tomorrow. Gordon will be ferrying me in the wheelchair. Hard to grasp that.

TTFN

M

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 14, 2013
4:39 PM

Post #9520682

Oh "M", it was black flies last week and this week too darn cold to work outside. Managed to cut grass last night, tonight thought I'd get weed whacking done but ended up organizing my cupboards.. Can you tell me how I got 2 green garbage bags from my kitchen and washroom cupboard ? Lots of expired food for one.

I'll do the refrigerator early next in the morning and then it's a trip to the grocery store..what a waste.

Laughing to myself, always nice to get company, gives you energy to clean corners you normaly skip. Girls arrive Thursday afternoon so doesn't leave much time. At least at Christmas you can hang tinsel on the spiderwebs. Lol

"M" the marble cake is it the one you make inserts with toothpicks and add chocolate to marbleized?

I'm sure Gordon doesn't mind one bit infact I'm sure he would rather do it than you over exert yourself.

Tv bingo shortly, Ann should be arriving soon.

Ahhh did I tell you she will be a grandma in October, 1st time grandma and getting twins..she is so excited but worried about her daughter, she has been quite I'll

Going to go see if I can see what else I can throw out in my dresser drawer..

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 14, 2013
4:43 PM

Post #9520688

wow - good day today... went to church service at the Care Home down the street, then this aft went to a Job Fair - spoke to one co, and they're pleased with the interview, now to send their findings to the co-owner of the company.
After I got home I got a call from the U of C, Faculty of Medicine, for an interview next Tues...
and sometime this week I will get a pre-screen phone interview from another company!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 14, 2013
6:28 PM

Post #9520842

Well Susan let's just hope things look up for you..now watch, you'll get a few offers. Lol

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 14, 2013
9:13 PM

Post #9521008

lol that happened once before - that's when I got the job in the office, at the lab. I had 3 offers...

Tonight I went to the AGM for our community, and our mayor and alderman were there... I spoke to the alderman, and he said that he and the mayor did not think it financially feasible to move the trailer park I live in... not sure if this has been brought to council, but there are a total of 9 member, and with our mayor and alderman being 2 and I know of one other that agrees...well, that leaves 6 on the council that I don't know what they would vote... but it's an election year, so who knows.
I've emailed the alderman for clarification - being excited about what I hoped he was saying, I may have missed some stuff... like council approval...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 15, 2013
3:40 AM

Post #9521116

Morning,

Rain,rain,go away!

Susan lets hope that the park will remain as is..

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 15, 2013
5:28 AM

Post #9521182

As the alderman said last night "people are not living there because they want to live in a trailer, they're living there because they like the neighbourhood"... and I add, that they also can't afford the houses in the area...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 15, 2013
6:29 AM

Post #9521245

Yep, all points the truth..if they could afford to live in a mansion they would!

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

May 15, 2013
3:24 PM

Post #9521872

24C today, with winds gusting to 80kph!! Gord was hanging onto the wheelchair to keep himself grounded LoL

Your company arrives TOMORROW Betty? Gawd, seems you just mentioned it, but, that's how quickly time flies by .. I hope if you were planning on having any wine, you have purchased it already as I keep hearing the LCBO 'may' go on strike on, I think, Friday ..

Went by the Sally Ann today and got 5 or 6 more books, I seem to have rekindled my love affait with reading .. HEY, I like it :-)

Nail appt tomorrow, a BIG deal as I have steps to manoeuvre, but, Gordon is coming with me ..

Susan, with an election year happening you'll be expecting nothing but 'transparency' with these politicians. Hope the verdict remains NOT to move the park.

Off to bed

~M~

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 15, 2013
4:13 PM

Post #9521916

too true, Betty, too true...

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 15, 2013
4:16 PM

Post #9521920

THey don't have a verdict yet, Marilyn - I think it's just the wish and opinion of the Mayor and alderman... they would have to take it to the council... and I only know of 1 other that supports not moving = total of 3 out of 9.
Hopefully some of the "old guard" that voted to move us is voted OUT! One of the 'old guard" is not going to run again.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 15, 2013
5:50 PM

Post #9522045

"M" winds were very high here as well..I can just see Fordon holding on for dear life..glad reading is relaxing you..would make for a long day if you had no hobby. Did you hear about the incident in cochrane re young man and the bear?? Heard him tell his story, wow what an experience, likely he will be years recovering?.if you didn't hear I will tell you the story

Susan, fantastic news, maybe tomorrow will be your last day of being a lady of leisure..lol

Lordy, Lordy what and evening I've had..

Decided to do my groceries on my way home, ah/ha, ahead of the game! Save me doing it tomorrow as I'll be anxious to get home, Joyce will either have arrived or will arrive later in the evening..1 more sleep.

Young Noah was waiting for me, said he forgot last week that he was suppose to come and the days he remembere it was too late..best $20 I ever spent, did he do a good job edging or what, his grandparents are well know landscapers so he gets it honestly.

Put my groceries away, thought maybe I could get at a few spots I missed the other day as it started to rain and/or black flies were so bad..

Uncovered the rider, drats no key, spent an hour looking for it, no could find! Looked in jackets, pants, lawn furniture, she'd, rocks. Lol. Grrr
Called Greg, he loves these calls, what are sons for?? Said he was bringing me a bigger tv for my craft room, really?? Don't need a bigger one but guess he didn't want to put it in the garbage..might put it out Saturday as they are having a treasure hunt, anything one doesn't want they can put at the roadside but if nobody takes it you have to have it away from the roadside by 5pm.

He checked out his 50 keys and one started it, loaned it to me, he and Melanie bought a bed for Kyle's room, Noah's is completely redone, so they were on their way to Barrie to pick it up, said I'm careless with things so will drop in to pick it up tonight..told me to run into the lawnmower store and they would give me another..

Off they went,

Happy as can be I get to cut grass, the most favorite thing of all, cut for no more than 5 minutes ran out of gas...drats and more drats..had about an inch in container so got it back to the back yard..know the weeder has gas, went to get it, first time use this year..shaking my head, last year I took the spool off and couldn't put it back together, there it sat so couldn't weed.

Noah was just about ready to leave when I notice the large water feature spray unit was struggling, the leaves opened on the tree above had its castings fall in the holes of the feature and only half of them working..by now Noah's friend came to see him so I asked would they mind staying so I could try and clean the unit, tried with a broom being about 1' in the pond, no go so in I went 3 1/2 ft in, cold cold water, froze my, well you now, got it working..in to wash swamp clothes , now it's hot bath time..had a million things I wanted to do but forget it..company will have to take house as it is.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 16, 2013
5:47 AM

Post #9522448

It truly IS Spring, as we're now getting rain - light, but rain nonetheless...
Gotta go study up on the University so I can tell them why I want to work there LOL

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 16, 2013
5:49 AM

Post #9522452

it's a sunshine day...

finally nice weather..I'm about 2 weeks behind in landscaping..hoping young Noah up the street drops in tonight, more edging is needed..

Look who is coming for dinner...Joyce (Joycet) am really excited about this week, almost as excited as everyone here heading to Jamaica tomorrow lol

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

May 16, 2013
6:56 AM

Post #9522544

I'm not off to Jamaica, it'd be nice, but, our temps are climbing steadily.

Can't help but chuckle a bit when reading of your exploits last evening Betty .. easy to laugh when it wasn't ME it was happening to!
I am more that sure your place will look fine for your company, after all, they're coming to see YOU !!

Windy again, but, not as blustery (yet) .. nail appt is at 1pm.
Should do some paperwork I have left for a long time ..

TTFN

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 16, 2013
7:08 AM

Post #9522561

the past two weeks of lousy weather put me behind, some of the fix'its like weeder was on my mother's day list of to do's but we all know what kind of weather that weekend brought.

Sunshine here today as well and much the same for the next 3 or 4 days..think holiday Monday though we could have rain..hope not because we are heading to Toronto, Kensington Market, lunch at the CN Tower and Casa Loma, doubt we can fit anything else in.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 16, 2013
7:17 AM

Post #9522569

wouldn't it figure... I found a voice mail on my cell. It's from the lady that interviewed me on Tuesday.
I called back, but got Her voicemail lol

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 16, 2013
10:08 AM

Post #9522752

thought I'd provide you with this link..bottom page, click John Tory - man tells story about his fight with bear..

http://www.newstalk1010.com/Hosts/LiveDrivewithJohnTory.aspx

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 16, 2013
11:50 AM

Post #9522847

I got through, and she wants to have me come in for an interview tomorrow am - 10:45...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 16, 2013
12:43 PM

Post #9522910

that's exciting Susan..

"M", are you all prettied up now?

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

May 16, 2013
1:09 PM

Post #9522934

Got home at about 2pm and sat OUTSIDE in the sun (and wind) for about an hour or more .. watched Gordon and Lorna work about the property .. felt wonderful even thoug I was sitting in a wchair :-)

Susan, how exciting (nerve wracking) for you .. big hugs and BEST of luck tomorrow!!

My nails look so nice, she noted that they weren't that bad before she started doing them, had to tell her I kind of live like a 'princess' these days as I am unable to do a lot of things that would have guaranteed a broken nail or 2 !!

Am thinking holdiay weekend festivities etc will be damp in this area, and chillier ... not sure if we're having dinner guests or not ..

Betty, how horrifying for that fellow, and how fortuitous the ladies came by when they did !!
We're watching our back bush area carefully when outside, bears are pretty stealthy for their size .. I'm sure the dogs would warn us if they picked up a scent ..

ENjoy your evening everyone

~M~

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 16, 2013
3:38 PM

Post #9523091

Well, I'm back from my interview at the University - it went Fantabulously!!
answered all their questions with stellar answers, and afterwards when I asked them what, about my qualifications, they found was a "fit" with the position, one of the ladies said "Your resume pretty well 'ticked off' all our requirements and then some!'. She said they will be calling Tues or Wed with the Next Step, but they also know I'm interviewing on at another University job on Tues, so said "if they offer you the position on the spot, please let us know" then she said "I don't want to prejudice you against the other job, but if you want an 'employment home' then this other one is a "floater" position, and I don't think you'd like it".
hmmmm is she already fighting over me? lol
btw - they don't call it HR anymore - it's "Talent Acquisition". I guess HR is payroll and such, whereas these people are doing hiring/firing...

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

May 17, 2013
7:11 AM

Post #9523726

Well Susan, looks like some exciting days ahead for you .. best of luck !
TALENT ACQUISITION .. lordy .. quite the title ..

Looks to be a nice day here so far, a bit cooler 16C, and, perhaps rain overnight .
Lorna is off to see the prosthetist for an adjustment, Gord had a funeral of a colleague, so, he left dressed in his 'dress uniform', looks so nice with the white gloves ..
I'm sitting and considering my options .. I fer sure have a boquet of flowers from Mother's Day & our anniversary that need rearranging and snipping , best start there ..

Enjoy the day

~M~

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 17, 2013
7:59 AM

Post #9523782

Good morning - getting ready for my interview this am.
Yes, Marilyn - job titles are changing again lol
I don't really like being an Administrative Assistant, cuz that's everything from mailroom clerk, to the VP's assistant (Executive ass't being held for the President's assistant lol)
I have a business card that says I'm a Sr. Administrative Assistant! That way, I'm not going above my skill set, but it says I'm not entry level, either!

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

May 17, 2013
1:56 PM

Post #9524087

Nice to hear the first interview went so well Susan, can only hope the second one was as good and I don't envy you having to choose. However the 'permanent' position would likely be better than the 'float' one ?
I 'floated' as an RN for 2 years .. it was 'OK', but not something I really took to .. some nurses just LOVE not knowing where they'll be working when they're going on shift, I LIKED knowing my patients and their families .. as I have said, best of luck !!

Got the bouquet of flowers trimmed and re arranged .. am amazed the Frezia are doing so well after almost a week .. they usually tend to start to droop and drop their petals soon after I get them home.

'Pill night' tonight, best find something for supper ..

TTFN

~M~

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 17, 2013
1:59 PM

Post #9524090

Marilyn, the floater position at the University is a permanent one too, just not at the same desk or dept... for different people all the time... I LIKE working for the same team - gives me stability.

Just got back from the Drs - I have osteoarthritis in my left knee, and a tear in the meniscus.
The osteo got worse when I fell in Apr 2011, but it was there before. He's referring me to a specialist, and as I'm willing to travel just outside of Calgary, it will be quicker.

Good interview this am - they offered me a job, starting next Thurs, but told them I would have to get back to her, because I had an interview yesterday and another one to come on Tues.
Also (altho I didn't say this to her), they don 't pay benefits, and it's "contract" but full/time permanent. It saves the co $$ if they don't hire more than contract, but they don't let anyone "go" either.
Originally they were hiring for an office assistant to the private assistant to the owner, but said that they wouldn't put me in that position. Reason being - I'm better than the current one cuz she's task-oriented only and can't see the bigger picture around her. She's good at what she does, but I can do both, and if I were to work under her that would stifle my abilities because she wouldn't have me do anything more than "tasks"
I've told her that I would be getting back to her on Tues pm or Wed at the latest. She gave me her cell # so I could call her on Sat or Monday (yes, she knows it's a long w/e...). She really wants me there, but without benefits, and contract?! oh it's M-F, 10am to 6pm and that's not a problem. It's only 1/2 drive from home, and that's good.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

May 18, 2013
8:48 AM

Post #9524853

Susan .. i would imagine you will also get a referral to a rheumatologist? Sounds as though your GP is sending you to an orthopedic fella , probably to repair the tear .. but, if you do in fact have osteoarthritis, a rheumatologist is a MUST (just sayin) :-)

The situation in the job dept sounds promising .. as we have all said at one time or another .. "never rains, but, it pours"!

Cold and damp here, cloudy .. Lorna is out tying aluminium pie plates to sticks in the Hosta and perennail beds .. they clang around in the wind and keep the wildlife away .. we have an increasing number of BUNNIES this year !

Take care all

~M~

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 18, 2013
11:29 AM

Post #9524985

no, my Dr is sending me to a rheumatologist.
He isn't doing anything about the tear, but it was mentioned in the letter to the R Dr...so I dunno.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

May 20, 2013
6:17 AM

Post #9526819

Great to hear you're going to a rheumatologist .. if need be, he'll send you on your way to an orthopedic surgeon.

WHAT a 'holiday weekend' !! High winds and lots of rain .. not doing much of anything here ..

Enjoy your day

~M~

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 20, 2013
9:16 AM

Post #9527049

first thing - I just have to wait until they schedule me into a rheumatologist...

not much rain here - it's 14c and 10am...

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

May 21, 2013
4:18 PM

Post #9528805

Pretty quiet here. Lots of rain, but thankfully no tornadoes! The footage from Oklahoma is heart breaking.

Hope your visit is going well Betty.

M

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 21, 2013
8:54 PM

Post #9529193

It's supposed to really rain on Saturday... we're heading out in our Motorhome on Friday afternoon, and back around suppertime on Sunday.

And I have my 2nd interview tomorrow am at 11:30... at the job I really want - U of C, Government and Community Engagement - Administrative Assistant.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

May 22, 2013
8:42 AM

Post #9529684

Good luck with the interview Susan.
Hope the camping trip goes well.

Rain has stopped, time to cut the grass!
Gordon and Lorna are busy changing the oil and spark plugs on the two riding mowers, doubt I'll be cutting any grass this season.

Have a good week

M

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 22, 2013
3:05 PM

Post #9530178

Head's pounding... 2nd interview started ok, but I don't feel I did well enuff for what they wanted.
it was a woman from HR, John (potential boss) and Don (HIS boss). Intense, hard-hitting, and high pressure questions. Cuz they said it was a high pressure job, I guess they wanted to test me. And test me they did... 3/4 hour, with intense questions about behaviour and "what would you do in this situation" stuff (t's a BDI - Behaviour Development Interview). Those are usually tough, but this was "ramped up"...
They'll let me know my standing by end of the week. After being told I was one of two being considered, they now are saying they may "re-visit" previous applicants. Sounds like they didn't find what they wanted, in me. Still, I may be harder on myself than I should be, but it didn't "feel" good.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 22, 2013
6:15 PM

Post #9530422

Dropping in with quick hi..sure hope you are all well..all but exhausted but sure had one heck of a nice visit

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

May 23, 2013
8:58 AM

Post #9531080

Waving HELLOO to BEtty :-)
I assume you are 'company free' now ? Glad to hear all went well ..

Susan .. gads, that intervieww sounds as if it was more like an 'inquisition' !! I know I wouldn'r have been able to have handled it, and, likely would have said so and walked out. At least you stayed and completed it, HUGE pat on the back for that !!
I guess now you just 'wait and see'?

I am UP! First time in a longtime .. have been using my BBerry for emails etc while in bed, so, if you notice 'weird statements' it's probably because it fills in words on its own .. and, if I don't check and RE check, sometimes things look a bit goofy ..
I won't be up long .. but, at least I took a stab at it .. just that it is SO painful to walk from the back of the house to the kitchen area where the laptop is, but, I feel pretty good ..

Lorna and Gordon are hard at if in the beds etc .. right now they're clearing away the bales of straw we had to put down in Dec/Jan over the septic field due to the lack of snow. .. quite a mess, and, as we're having the septic tank pumped, it has to go ..

Lorna's parents arrive June 16 for a week .. needless to say I am more than a bit frantic about that .. but, she can't go to see them on her own, and, they are fully aware that I am not in good shape .. no 4 course meals and mega baking .. feel bad, but, I know my limits .. (finally)

Hope everyone is enjoying good weather .. we had frost overnight, sun today though but with a north wind ..

Take care

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 23, 2013
10:40 AM

Post #9531225

How right you are "M". They left at 9:30 and were across border at 12:12 ..good time, not sure she obeyed speed limit though. Lol..no problems at the border, straight through!

Funny how great you feel with meds, adrenaline going..right now I'm in my Jammie's, had hot bath, seems now that I've stopped I'm feeling all the aches and pain..might have had something to do with being in large pond waiste deep twice, working in smaller pond while wearing wet clothes..being. Out for hours doing hypertufa mushrooms. Lol. Thought I was smart doing it but not so funny now.

Minute "M" I saw your post about Lorna's parents being here I said. " oh no ". Wouldn't have thought I'd them coming seeing as how you are feeling..hope they pack a big lunch for you all.

Have you been having this inclement weather??

iPad does the same, half the time I don't re read and one of these days it will get me in hot water

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 23, 2013
11:06 AM

Post #9531252

Marilyn - I'm glad the interview is over!! f'sure...

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

May 24, 2013
10:52 AM

Post #9532550

Hope your less 'achy' today Betty ...
Cooler temps won't help, and, I see your area is as cool as ours .. with frost overnight ..

I was kind of taken aback with the announcement that Lorna's folks were coming, but, they miss her ( as she does them) and, it's easier for them to get on the plane to travel than it is for Lorna.
They have said I am to do NO cooking, meals will be pre arranged .. sounds good right now, but I am going to have to calm down a whole lot in a month !!

Have found myself sort of glued to the Mike Duffy, Rob Ford sagas .. good grief, talk about the lives of the 'rich and famous' .. NO THANKS !!

Have a great weekend .. no pond surfing Betty LoL

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 24, 2013
11:04 AM

Post #9532561

"M" some places had light snow, luckily all I have to contend with is cold temps and wind.

Sun was out off and on earlier so I put a jacket on and did a bit of gaining..bought a weeping pea shrub tree so thought I'd get it planted...very fern like, says it does well in poor soil, likes sun and will withstand the sub zero climate..think I will look for other trees that does same.

Well as long as you do listen and let everyone else do the cooking and cleaning and you just sit and enjoy the company and rest I'm sure you will be ok

Kyle borrowed my car today as his needs a transmission so he will pick up gas for the lawnmower, was going to cut grass tonight but think I shall wait and hope its warmer tomorrow.

What day do they arrive?

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

May 26, 2013
9:13 AM

Post #9534506

Lorna's parents arrive June 16 and leave the 23 .. I think I can handle that long. Had it have been TWO weeks, well, no way !

Beautiful sunny, but, northwind cool, day here .. I am planning to sit out later in the day.
Gord and Lorna are out right now looking at TVs .. gone are the days of a TV lasting 10-15 years .. now apparently it's 6-8years .. the TV in the living room has decided to stay on the dark side .. repairs would be $100++

WELL .. 'it' happened yesterday .. the east gate of the dog compound came open .. went to check on Piper and Lilly, and, they were GONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Piper was actually trying to get BACK IN at the north gate, but Lilly had run out onto OLIVER ROAD, we could see traffic stopping .. Gord wasn't home, so, Lorna got into the SUV and drove quickly down and onto Oliver, a very kind lady in a van (I wrote a THUMBS up to her in our local paper) had gotten Lilly OFF the road and into our neighbours yard .. Lilly saw Lorna and ran TO her, not away !!! Lorna gave her a treat right away ..
GADS what a harrowing 15 minutes !! And, I was useless .. hobbling around on the patio .. and that darned Gordon had his cell phone OFF !!
Bottomline, all turned out well .. but, Lilly knows she did a BIG BAD !!!
I think I'm still recovering. We THINK the brisk NE wind blew open the gate .. all 3 gates are now roped off at the top !!

Best go .. starting to feel the whoozies comin along :-(

TTFN

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 26, 2013
11:43 AM

Post #9534654

"M" you still have a few weeks before their visit, perhaps it will be a good week for u health wise..

Oh no, can't even imagine how fanatic you must have been..nothing worse either than being the one at home wondering what is going on..hooe there was some doggy scolding going on when Lilly got home..

Not sure if I told you, Sharon's litter was born last week..3 dogs..2 males died and girl survived but having a rough time..mom had 'c' section but guess it just didn't help

ViolaAnn, Joyce (Joycet) was here for a week, she really wanted to see your hosta's but it was a tad too Dar with everything else we had planned..perhaps another time.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

May 27, 2013
7:21 AM

Post #9535577

Oh Betty, how sad for Karen and anyone involved with the litter. I do so hope that little girl makes it.
My cousin who breeds and shows Shelties, had a litter of 4 boys born about a month ago, happily they are doing well.

Laying here in bed, need to get up and DO something. Want to make a casserole and a cake. Imagine lying in bed THINKING about it! Took pain medication a half an hour ago, so I should be able to make it to the kitchen.
Makes me want to cry, or scream... Sometimes I just don't get it!!

A beautiful day outside as well, sat out yesterday getting some sun.. Will try again today.

Murray and Alison are coming over tomorrow to help set up the.new TV, the. Future shop wanted $300 to do it!

I better get a move on while I still can

Enjoy your day

M

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 27, 2013
7:47 AM

Post #9535598

sunshine here as well..

disheartening for sure..I've been dealing with body aches for a bit now, getting fed up for sure so can't even imagine being so active such as you were then having to deal with this! Know you feel you must be doing something but maybe you should just go sit in the sun.

Spoke with Sharon this morning, she said it was actually 3 she lost..one wasn't totally formed.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 27, 2013
9:49 AM

Post #9535726

Marilyn - very very very harrowing, indeed, with all that traffic!! SO glad the furries got home alright!!!!!!!!

Betty - how is Sharon's girl puppy doing???? how sad the males went over the rainbow bridge so soon...

Well, it was an "interesting" trip camping this weekend...
1st, we got the 2 gas tanks filled up, and by the time we were about 30 miles from the site, we only had 1/4 tank left in ONE. It was 1/8 tank by the time we got to the gas station not far from the campground. Then, we discovered the water was shut off at the site, and we could only get it from the main taps. We drove there, and when trying to fill, the water ran out and got the batteries wet - we couldn't start the motorhome. Someone from another site boosted us (the manager wouldn't) and we got back to the site ok. Good thing we had 2 camping water bottles with us!!!! The previous owner is coming by this afternoon to show us where the valve is, so we can shut it off...
Then I lost my watch, and I can't find my car/church key set... I don't have a spare set for the church but I do for my car thank goodness. I bought another watch, and still on the lookout for my set of keys,
We called the previous owner of the motorhome, and he's coming by this afternoon to show us where the valve is, for the fresh water holding tanks.
oh, and we had a new experience - learning how to use the dumping station LOL
We've booked to go again June 16 to 21st - Bob has vacation (banked time which is paid) time coming to him - about a week - so it's all good. :-)

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 27, 2013
12:01 PM

Post #9535852

Sharon said the little girl is at regular weight and doing well, thanks for asking.
glad you got some time sway, each trip is a learning experience for sure. Those older units sure are gas guzzler..here's hoping your next trip will be in sunshine.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

May 27, 2013
2:28 PM

Post #9535981

Oh Susan, you brought back so many memories for me.
We camped in assorted accommodations for over 30 years, from tenting to a 20 foot trailer with all the bells and whistles.
I wish you both a fun summer in the motor home.

Betty, happy to hear the little female is thriving.

Had some company drop in tooday, and enjoyed a few hours outside. Kinda pooped now, but I feel good!

Have the cake to make tomorrow, and Murray and Alison will be over to help set up the new TV.

Hope your aches have diminished Betty.

TTFN

M

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 27, 2013
4:20 PM

Post #9536078

Glad the weather was nice enough for you to sit out and enjoy your company. Is it a new system you bought? You have to ve a genius just to decide what tv you should buy..I'm lucky, boys are always buying new technology and I'm more than willing to take what they are replacing.

We had an rv as well, sure do miss it.

"M" did have plans to be outside till dark..

Construction on the route I travel made the trip 1/2 longer. When I got home young Noah said he'd been here since 4:30pm..is doing a fantastic job with the edging..he informed me his friend was selling his scooter so I said if he came a few more nights he'd have the money for it..

I didn't even put on old clothes, took all the hypertufa mushrooms out of glas containers and distressed them. Need a set (3) for DIL Melanie whose birthday is Wedn, DS Sharon wants a set as well as June..think they are made but I've lads of supplies so my idea is to make more this week and put them away, always someone I need a gift for.

Then came the Mosquitos, in numbers to carry me away so inside I came..had my bath, cooked supper, turkey tv dinner and now looking for something half decent to watch. Lol

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 27, 2013
5:33 PM

Post #9536149

Peter came by to show us more about the motor home - seems he took the fresh water tanks Out when they got a hole - too expensive to replace... but now Bob knows where the hot water tank is, and the fresh water is plugged directly into the plumbing, just like your home...
Oh, and he showed Bob where all the plugs, etc were - the hot water plug was out, so that's why the water ran to the batteries..

wanna hear a funny? My mom got picked for Jury Duty - she's 94 and in a care home!!!! lol

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

May 28, 2013
7:34 AM

Post #9536785

Betty, the hypertufa pieces are so nice in a garden, your recipients are lucky to get them.
Did you do just mushrooms? I have seen some gorgeous planters, heart shaped filled with Hens and Chick's.

Susan the choice of your Mom certainly does give me cause to reflect on the system used to pick jurors.
I always thought it would be an interesting thing to do, then my son was chosen, and, it was a rather gruesome murder trial, really affected him.

Was all set to make a cake, Gordon got the sugar and flour out for me, he then took the dogs for their walk and I hobbled into the kitchen, took out the eggs and butter and then called Lorna to put it all away, I was exhausted.
I am so fed up with this weakness and the pain, see my family doctor on Thursday. His hands are tied by the system, and so, i wait...

Back to my book, thank goodness I like reading.

M

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 28, 2013
7:55 AM

Post #9536812

this was the set I did in the workshop, did more sets on the weekend, will try and make stems tonight then caps tomorrow night so I can clean up all the supplies and containers from the back deck..driving me crazy seeing them there..

Did make this hand, when it was starting to set I put it in a container so the fingers would lift and palm might lend to planting a succulent in it, didn't bend quite enough so next time I'm pouring will try a few, need to buy rubber gloves..

Think "M" you had best not take on any projects, however little right at this time..be positive that after the operations you will be running circles in that kitchen cooking up a storm

Thumbnail by Bettypauze   Thumbnail by Bettypauze         
Click an image for an enlarged view.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 28, 2013
9:10 AM

Post #9536921

Marilyn - my previous boss said he wanted to be the "Expert witness" in a trial case - he's been at several, cuz he's a pathologist.
Sorry to hear your son's experience at the trial was so gruesome...

well, my DH found my missing keys - in his work pants pocket! He kept insisting that he didn't have 'em, and I said he HAD borrowed them... well, glad they're found!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 28, 2013
11:06 AM

Post #9537055

give him a kick in the pants Susan, after you looking all over only to have him say he had them...lol

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 28, 2013
12:49 PM

Post #9537203

lol don't think I Didn't, Betty lol
Boy, was it EVER raining here... thunder, etc... big booms!
it's settling down now, but think it's heading to downtown where Bob works... and he rode his bicycle to work... well, it's an hour until he's off work, so maybe it will move past him by then...

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

May 28, 2013
1:46 PM

Post #9537309

Great news about the keys, small story here :-)
Gord went our about 10 days ago .. now .. when he goes out, he has a LIST, his arms are filled with all types of objects to either be dropped off at someones or disposed of somewhere .. anyway .. his diabetic tester went missing .. same deal Susan, we looked EVERYWHERE .. I finally pulled out my 'catholic card' and said, gonna say a prayer to St. Anthony (he supposedly finds lost stuff) .. so .. I did .. Gord got a new tester and 2 days later .. where did we find it .. ON TOP of my SUV caught in the railings on top, by a thread!! The SUV had been to town at least twice and the tester did NOT move .. so .. Gord now has 2 testers .. the day it went missing he must have rested it on the roof of the car and forgot it !!

Spent THREE hours outside today .. partly cloudy and about 13C .. but nice enough for me, AND< I am becoming more proficient at piloting the wheelchair .. the dogs and cat completely avoid me though LoL

Hope everyone has an enjoyable evening

~M~

OHhhhhhhhhhhh .. the TV got set up, took a bit of fanagling for sure .. but .. it's good to go .. it's 51" hard to get used to something that big, at least to me .. nice and clear though :-)

~M~

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

May 29, 2013
6:08 AM

Post #9538077

Holy doodle! Did I get a lot of sun yesterday!
I felt rather warm through the.night,but, blamed it on the duvet.
Got up this morning and went to wash my face and I was actually glowing!
My doc will NOT be too happy, I have learned over the years, that he is not a 'tan fan'
Perhaps I'll be less lit up tomorrow, although, today is supposedly the last nice day before a few showery overcast ones.

Enjoy your day

M

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 29, 2013
6:16 AM

Post #9538090

Morning all

"M" Toronto was hit wait torrential rains early this a.m., Don Valley Parkway lowland areas under 2-3' water..think small tornado might have hit Brampton..

I was busy this a.m. and didn't go downstairs to check if any flooding in my basement, few gardens were under water earlier but by the time I left there were puddles here and there so likely I'll not have to water for some time..

More and more doctor's give the what for re sunburns..I'm amazed with the amount of work I do outside in the sunshine I get no sunburn and no tan so to speak, guess my skin is rhyno thick lol

off to find something to keep myself busy today!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 30, 2013
6:39 AM

Post #9539289

lol Marilyn "by a thread" eh? lol too funny. We all know that prayers work. Too bad it hadn't been found before you bought another one, but now he has a spare :-)

We didn't have a tornado, but boy, the torrential rain! really bad on Tues, and still hard rain this morning, but not as bad.
Glad Bob fixed the roof where our home was leaking. When we came home the floor had buckled a bit and he's now pulled up some of the parquet flooring to get to the swelled sub floor. He put that gooey black stuff on the roof and it seems to have helped cuz BOY did it ever Rain yesterday and the day before... yikes! sheets, tons, and more than I would go out in!!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 30, 2013
7:37 AM

Post #9539369

Not looking good for our weekend, rain and thunderstorms are predicted..already soil is saturated and it's sitting on the ground so not sure where it shall go. Was tempted last night to cut the grass but everything felt so damp, think it's tonight or never!

Lordy, I've done well with the mushrooms..managed to give a set to Melanie for her birthday, a set for my sister, set for Julie (was her birthday last month) and June took a set..dug holes in my driveway last night, made a set (3) of stems to test how it would work, if ok when I take out tonight I'll dig a few more sets..

I've enough materials to do about 8-10 sets lol NOT that I need them but will try and make them so that I can stock up, put into back shed, one never knows when one need gifts.

Susan, glad Bob got all the leaks fixed, now onwards to repair the flooring

"M" how is it going today?

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

May 30, 2013
1:48 PM

Post #9539756

Back from my docs appt .. what a challenge to get me out !!!
I am now SO tired I doubt I'll even eat supper ..

He is going to speak to the orthopedic surgeon himself tomorrow, and, I am now on ANOTHER new pain medication, supposedly long acting .. we'll see.

Went over to Safeway and Gord ran in, while he was in there it started to POUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thunder and lightning, called home and Lorna was holding Piper soothing him .. it has stopped for now ..

Susan, good to hear you got through the storms OK ...

TTFN

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 30, 2013
4:07 PM

Post #9539919

Hope meds help..storm brewing here as well, just a rumbling, every once in a pwhile it starts to rain then stops as quickly as it started.

Poor Piper, Sailor was terrified of storms..miss the old gal!

Bought some fish for small pond today,,started with 12 -one died..hate having creatures..should have known better

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

May 31, 2013
5:08 AM

Post #9540490

New med is effective, but, makes me VERY drowsy ..

Apparently an Air Ambulance helicopter crashed in ' Northern Ontario' overnight, all aboard perished, not sure where in N. Ont.

Foggy dreary day, back to bed with me !!!

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 31, 2013
5:14 AM

Post #9540499

We've had rain overnight, sun coming out so I will have a leisurely day at home..bit queezy, I so hope Suzanne didn't pass on what she had to me..

Must listen to the news..terrible.

"M" maybe once you've had the meds in your system for a few days they'll not make you as drowsy. Are you up and moving a bit?
Will sit and plan out the next 3 days, seems I accomplish more when I do.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 31, 2013
6:21 AM

Post #9540574

so tired... yawning, and eyes tearing...
glad sun's out, Betty (((((hugs)))))) cuz of course ur missing Sailor...
what terrible news re: air ambulance...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 31, 2013
6:57 AM

Post #9540625

you get out and do something nice for yourself Susan..it's a must!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 31, 2013
12:48 PM

Post #9541016

well, I got out, but can't really afford to do anything for myself... but it was nice to take a drive and get some groceries :-)

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

May 31, 2013
12:59 PM

Post #9541032

Just realized it's been a long time since I've been here. Had the bell team down to London, ON for a large festival last weekend and have been playing catch-up ever since. For those of you you aren't over on the thread "What's up in your garden" (or similar name), I posted pics of my new viola d'amore over there with a list of names. She needs a name.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 31, 2013
2:35 PM

Post #9541126

I liked 'Octavia Patience'..
Lucky I didn't decide to take a drive your way seeing Joyce (Joycet) so badly wanted to see your gardens. Bet all enjoyed the festival activity.

Susan, not sure grocery shopping would be relaxing, price of things is enough to depress you.

Talk about a storm passing through...we take warnings to heart seeing as we've had several tornado's in our area..doubt I will have power for much longer

Sounds like the angels are having a bowling tournament up there.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 31, 2013
3:36 PM

Post #9541186

tell me about it, Betty...

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

May 31, 2013
4:03 PM

Post #9541220

Have reduced a number of names. This is what is left:

Alvina, Amalia, Angeline, Antonia, Cordelia,
Emeline, Estelle, Grace, Gwendolyn, Hannah,

Honora, Magdalena, Marguerite, Miranda, Octavia,
Patience, Pearl, Serena,

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 31, 2013
4:07 PM

Post #9541225

1- Octavia
2- patience. ( thought in post on other thread it included oth Octavia Patience)
Really like the sound of it
3- Honora

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

June 1, 2013
10:32 AM

Post #9542022

I have always loved the name 'Magdalena'.
All the names are nice though.

Rainy day with some thunderstorms as, poor Piper, he jumps up on the bed and cuddles with me, I even SING to him lol.

ViAnn, the bell festival must have been enjoyable.

Was going to start a new thread, but copy and pasting using this playbook is not something I have done as of yet.

Enjoy your weekend

M

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 1, 2013
10:40 AM

Post #9542030

Moved us over to here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1315776/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Canadian Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Brugmansia 'culebra' available Dennis_taylor 6 Nov 12, 2007 5:22 PM
Rice Lake, ON OhioBreezy 27 Sep 19, 2007 7:46 PM
Hi from Québec / Saskatoon spklatt 53 Sep 8, 2008 11:40 PM
Welcome to ginnylynn from Blyth, Ontario OldFlowerGirl 21 May 20, 2008 3:34 PM
Petunia 2 u 2 DCarrington 44 Apr 14, 2013 11:01 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America