Photo by Melody

Bulbs: The Big bulb show starts off in the Front Yard Bed.

Communities > Forums > Bulbs
bookmark
Forum: BulbsReplies: 6, Views: 107
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

newyorkrita

newyorkrita
North Shore of L. I., NY
(Zone 6b)

April 13, 2013
12:08 PM

Post #9482593

The very front left side yard that is off the sidewalk. My Kaufmanniana Showwinner tulips started blooming out front there. I am very excited to see that that entire section is really comming together to put on the spring show and look like I envisioned when I was planning and planting.

The daylilies put on the summer show. Roses, TB Iris and lilies at other times. And last fall I really worked on adding to the spring show.

There are two rows of daylilies running along the front of this garden along near the stacked stone wall. You can see the daylily folliage in this more closeup view. Later the folliage grows more so you can't see the spaces between the clumps so much. Anyway, along the second row of daylilies the Showwinner bulbs are planted between the daylily clumps. In the first row the humilis violacea bulbs are planted between the daylily clumps. Between those two rows of daylilies groupings of Firespray tulips are planted.

Immediatly in back of both rows of daylilies are 200 mixed early tulips. That runs the entire length of this garden. In back of those early mix in running along the mid garden and directly in front of the Belgium Block mini terraces are 100 parrot mix tulips.

The Belgium Block mini terraces have daffs in the middle and daylilies at each end. Rembrant tulips planted between the daylilies at the right end, Bunch Flowering tulips between the daylilies at the left end.

And some crocus just stuck along the middle of the bed for some extra color. You really need to embiggen the picture to see what I mean.

There are at least 600 tulips in this section alone, along with lots of daffs.

Thumbnail by newyorkrita   Thumbnail by newyorkrita
Click an image for an enlarged view.

This thread has 6 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Bulbs Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Growing Tuberose in CA SteveK 2 Aug 27, 2007 3:24 AM
hyacinth bulbs debi_z 12 Oct 31, 2007 11:48 AM
Supplier for caldium bulbs Bulk??? plantsdirect 10 Dec 28, 2010 9:42 AM
what are these and why don't they bloom? woodspirit1 24 Jun 25, 2009 7:40 PM
gardeners......... help!!!! stephanie_74 12 Jul 7, 2011 5:00 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America