Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Texas Gardening: who are the dg members in Fredericksburg Tx

Communities > Forums > Texas Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Texas GardeningReplies: 6, Views: 61
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
silverfluter
Fredericksburg, TX
(Zone 8a)

April 13, 2013
8:18 PM

Post #9483113

Hi, I haven't been on this site for a while. The recession side tracked me for about 3 years. But I was looking at the list of members in my area and noticed the list has grown quite a bit. So I'm curious, has anybody tried to have a local DG party? I wonder how many people I already know are on the list.

frostweed

frostweed
Josephine, Arlington, TX
(Zone 8a)

April 14, 2013
5:50 AM

Post #9483311

I hope they respond, but if they don't you can always come to ours.
Josephine.

patrob

patrob
Goldthwaite, TX
(Zone 8a)

April 14, 2013
7:11 AM

Post #9483395

Mary Lee! I was thinking about the RU's we used to have in College Station and wondering how you were earlier this morning! It would be great to see you again!
silverfluter
Fredericksburg, TX
(Zone 8a)

April 14, 2013
8:01 AM

Post #9483435

Hi Josephine and Pat. How are ya'll? We have survived the recession so far, though I hear there is more trouble coming. But for now we are very busy. I wish I had time to go to an RU. I hope you have a great one. Maybe next year I can do an RU.
I think about those RUs all the time, especially when I look at my ragged yard. I lost a lot of the plants I had in the gh because the shade cloth fell off and we didn't have time to put it back on there. We had such a warm winter and every time we had a warm afternoon my plants got really bad heat stress. The fan just couldn't keep up with the heat. But having fewer plants is actually a good thing because I have very little time for plants. Pretty much any energy I have gets used at the shop. I try to work at least 1 hour every day in my flower beds there. I was supposed to landscape them long time ago, but there just been very little time or money to do it. I have made a little progress but it's very slow.
For anybody who sees this thread and has an interest in a "party", I'm not talking about any thing really fancy and not necessarily a RU. I'm just curious who all these people are on the DG roster. A couple of years ago I looked at the list and there were not more than four of us.

Sheila_FW

Sheila_FW
Fort Worth, TX
(Zone 8a)

April 18, 2013
6:27 AM

Post #9488323

Hello there Mary Lee! ((waving))Just send out a note to those in your area asking if anyone is interested. Good Luck!
silverfluter
Fredericksburg, TX
(Zone 8a)

April 18, 2013
7:26 AM

Post #9488400

thanks Sheila! I looked in the addy exchange for these people and found out most of them haven't even started a single thread. I checked on about 20 people. I'll keep looking. I was surprised there is no mention made of when they joined. I can't imagine who would join a site like this and not post anything.

Sheila_FW

Sheila_FW
Fort Worth, TX
(Zone 8a)

April 18, 2013
11:36 AM

Post #9488651

I think a lot of people join just to be able to search plant files or get ids. But they should all be able to get a dmail from you and respond also.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Texas Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
who grows peonies in houston area? vossner 20 Jun 18, 2012 7:58 PM
Texas Invasives List PvillePlanter 18 Mar 14, 2014 5:34 PM
Anyone Up For A Chat? dstartz 29 Jun 30, 2007 5:44 PM
DGrs in SW houston vossner 5 Dec 29, 2013 2:55 PM
Mock Orange in a big pot? mkjones 21 Aug 15, 2011 1:29 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America