-
AuthorContent
Silvermist
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9b)

April 15, 2013
6:42 PM

Post #9485381

What are some tips/advice you can give a beginner grower?

I started my seeds indoor in March, and moved them into bigger containers early April. I want to assure they grow well & bear crop. What should be my next steps besides watering, waiting, and providing full sun?

I do plan to leave them in these containers. Two of the containers are 8-12 inches deep.

Thumbnail by Silvermist   Thumbnail by Silvermist   Thumbnail by Silvermist   Thumbnail by Silvermist   Thumbnail by Silvermist
Click an image for an enlarged view.

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

April 15, 2013
8:12 PM

Post #9485499

They look really tiny to have moved them in the bigger containers already. are they regular size bell peppers or a dwarf variety? containers may be too small for mature sized pepper plant

Did you accumulate them to the sun? if not they are going to fry
Silvermist
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9b)

April 16, 2013
3:47 PM

Post #9486401

I did leave them outdoor in their original cup size & slowly harden them off. I gave in when my mother suggested I move them into bigger containers. I figure they're in containers and I can move them around so didn't worry much.
Silvermist
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9b)

April 16, 2013
3:48 PM

Post #9486404

flowAjen wrote:They look really tiny to have moved them in the bigger containers already. are they regular size bell peppers or a dwarf variety? containers may be too small for mature sized pepper plant

Did you accumulate them to the sun? if not they are going to fry

Sorry, forgot to answer your question. They are actually the Chinese Giants?
nelsoncastro
Victoria
Australia

April 17, 2013
10:51 PM

Post #9488090

Choose an area with plenty of light and warmth, or set up grow lights and a heat mat under your seedling tray or mini-greenhouse. Choose 3 or larger coir or peat pots, or some other container which can be planted directly in the ground. Peppers can be transplanted from plastic pots, but they do not like having their roots disturbed, so plan to transplant carefully if you choose plastic.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Gardening Questions Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cyclanthus bipartitus 'Gigant' bepah 3 Jun 11, 2010 9:05 AM
Welcome to the Beginner Gardening Questions forum! dave 53 Jun 18, 2013 4:28 PM
canna rhizomes help Allison_FL 20 Jan 16, 2013 6:55 PM
Where to locate my garden - light issues Martell 18 Apr 19, 2010 2:17 PM
Baby Oak Tree Seedtosser1 13 Jun 4, 2009 5:13 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America