Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Beginner Vegetables: The New Season

Communities > Forums > Beginner Vegetables
bookmark
Forum: Beginner VegetablesReplies: 6, Views: 74
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Ozark
Ozark, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 15, 2013
10:32 PM

Post #9485594

Yesterday I fertilized and tilled my vegetable garden, and planted rows of seed potatoes, turnips, beets, and lettuce. Tomato and pepper seedlings are still inside under lights and it won't be safe to transplant them into the garden until May. I've even soaked some okra seeds and started them indoors.

After a long winter it's sure nice to work in the dirt again and to enjoy good garden soil that I've spent years building. Now everything needs doing at once, but that's a good thing. It's not all work, today I went river fishing and the third picture, taken today, shows some of our pretty Ozarks scenery from my boat. It's good to get outdoors again, and we caught a bunch of fish, too.

Thumbnail by Ozark   Thumbnail by Ozark   Thumbnail by Ozark
Click an image for an enlarged view.

HoneybeeNC

HoneybeeNC
Charlotte, NC
(Zone 7b)

April 17, 2013
6:46 AM

Post #9487036

Thanks for sharing your photos, Ozark. Your wonderful looking soil reminded me of the garden of my childhood back in Cornwall, England. Deep, rich, live soil.
terri_emory
Alba, TX
(Zone 8a)

April 17, 2013
12:05 PM

Post #9487413

ooooo, went fishing. I'm a wimp, can't fish unless it is warm out =(. Still, fresh fish for supper sounds good!
eweed
Everson, WA
(Zone 8a)

April 24, 2013
9:20 AM

Post #9495599

Teri-emory well! we know you went fishing but did you do any catching? lol.

Did you get any of bragging size. I have been known.
eweed
Everson, WA
(Zone 8a)

April 24, 2013
9:25 AM

Post #9495603

Terri how do you like these

Thumbnail by eweed   Thumbnail by eweed         

eweed
Everson, WA
(Zone 8a)

April 24, 2013
9:45 AM

Post #9495629

Oz that's good looking dirt. What kind of boat is it a john boat?

Gardening day here today. I have a light sandy loam hardly a rock in it. 3 or more in it and lots of weeds though. 30 years in it and still prone to grow weeds right along with the good stuff.

1st two pics in the salt water last 3 from Baker lake isn't that a pretty place?

Thumbnail by eweed   Thumbnail by eweed   Thumbnail by eweed   Thumbnail by eweed   Thumbnail by eweed

terri_emory
Alba, TX
(Zone 8a)

April 25, 2013
9:59 AM

Post #9496776

OK, now I'm hungry! Pan fried fillets--outside over campfire always seems to end up better. ☺

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Vegetables Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Beginner Vegetables forum! dave 24 Mar 24, 2013 6:54 PM
Tomato problems jkehl 40 Oct 15, 2010 1:06 PM
starting a vegie garden wilflower 28 May 24, 2012 2:38 PM
Nasturtiums and squash? Terry 41 Mar 24, 2007 8:07 PM
Bees Please jkehl 95 Apr 7, 2013 7:37 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America