Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Yellowing leaves on sweet basil and peppers?

Spring City, TN

I remember reading how to fix this on one of the forums but can't find it now.....

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Too much water and cold and not enough drainage nor root room? Did you find out how to fix

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

Epsom Salts...Magnesium Sulfate...

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

Too little Nitrogen....

Talihina, OK

Okay I have one for Y'all I have a volunteer moonflower with the yellowing on the leaves ,now there are several others nearby and they do not have the yellow leaves ,already did the epsom salts thing but haven't looked today and that may have worked it's magic by now

Talihina, OK

went out and looked it does seemed to have helped maybe wait another day and see what it looks like then

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

If the epsom helped, it is a nutrient uptake issue. Try a bit of nitrogenish stuff

Nitrogenish, LOL!

Colorado County, TX(Zone 8b)

Chelated iron & sulfur, then triple-13 a couple of weeks later.

This message was edited May 20, 2013 7:02 PM

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Grits? You guys come thru the storms ok? Just heard about Moore and lookin at headin that way tonite, but StLou is catchin it too

Talihina, OK

Kitt we did ok but the whole state is just a mess another small twister over by Poteau last night ,it rained all night caught a hour break about daylight then more rain all day today and still booming and raining I had to go to the store a while ago cause you know WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGHT THE TOUGH GO FOR ICE CREAM

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Yup on the ice cream! Tho I miss the ol fashioned crank handle in salt water home churned stuff. yummmm

WOW!!

We oughtta find a hand crank for the next Round-Up!!!

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

They make em electric now. still good stuff tho. simple recipe too

Talihina, OK

This update on the yellowing leaves on a Moonflower plant ,the epsom salts and alfalfa pellets seems to have done the job it is 70% cured...

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Good!

Southern NJ, United States(Zone 7a)

My basil leaves were yellowing until I planted them, and then they perked right up. My peppers were stunted, probably due to exposure to some cold temperatures, but they're happy to be in the ground now and are growing noticeably. I have no idea if any of that relates to your problem, though.

Talihina, OK

The epsom salts pretty well did the trick but checked the ph a couple of days ago found it to be a bit high so lowered it with some copperus that works ok but have to extra carefull..tomorrow i will pick up some Ironite when I have to go to McAlester It being unavailable in Talihina

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.