May Weather - Snow Again

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Rain & snow overnight. 70+yesterday, now 34.
"Stuff" falling from the sky through Saturday.

Our Farmers Market opens Saturday. Won't that be fun. Predicated 30's & moisture falling.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Lots of rain going on down here in Central Florida, and inch on Monday, half inch yesterday and more on the way today, but we sure can use it. Up to 80.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

How do I get in on this rain thing?

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Move east ?

(Zone 7a)

And north?

We have a spot of rain this AM, 40 with a high of 50 predicted. I had to turn the furnace back on.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

80's dry sunny , a few clouds , no wind , only HOT !!!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Almost same as ju. lol. We had some wind and alot of clouds but it was still hot and dry. I worked outside all day and I have a tan going on now!! Whoo hoo!! LOL. Next 2 days we have a chance of snow with up to 2 inches possible.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Our previous week:


Apocalypse in Saskatchewan

3 major news stories from the same province in the same day... Fire, Flooding, Snow
http://imgur.com/a/2SjOV

High plus 3 and we are heading UP (for now)

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 9:51 AM PDT on May 02, 2013
Clear
85 F
Clear
Humidity: 4%
Dew Point: -4 F
Wind: 15 mph from the NNE
Wind Gust: 26 mph

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We had rain & a little slush. Only 40 miles east of us, they got 15" of heavy, wet snow.
Big mess.
Sunny here today, mid 40's.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

80/59
partly cloudy
Wondering , early summer?

Thumbnail by juhur7
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

juhur please what is the name of those tulips?

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Purple Muave Prince is as near the full name as I can remember .. Only ones that have done any good for me ......

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

2 1/2 more inches of rain past 24 hours, but I see some sun trying to peek out. The call is for more rain today and windy, up to 76.

Those are really pretty tulips Juhur.

Very Hungry caterpillar in my garden

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

They're calling for 95F and low humidity today. The Camarillo Springs fire is still burning, 10,000 acres and 10% containment.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

36 and still some snow on the ground. Still drizzling too. We got about 3 inches here at home but the next town over got 5 inches and the Weather Channel was at my old job all day I found out tonight.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Kelli I've been seeing that on the news, I hate the fires that rage in Calif. they did say better weather today to try and contain it, hope so. We lived very close to the San Bernardino mountains and in 76' or 77' had to evacuate our house because the fires were so close, leaving all our things behind. After that my Mom and Dad sold the house and moved here to FL. We had two feet of ashes all around our house but at least there was a house.

Gosh pepper I thought you were posting 80 degree temps??? What a strange spring.

We did get stormed on again yesterday evening and It is still drizzling here...still. But next week looks like cooler nice clear weather...holding on to that thought. ☺

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

It was almost 90 on Thursday and 39* on Friday morning. This is a very strange spring.

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

snow we recd. May 2nd 14" on the ground. Broke tree limbs and trees.

Maxine

Thumbnail by Maxine
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Hi, Maxine. We only had a dusting.
Today was miserable. 35 yet at 10:30. Farmers Market quite busy in spite off.

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

I think Archie said the temp as of now is 52 with no wind. Snow is melting and running off the roof of the house.
We will have so much clean up and lots of brush to haul into the woods.
Good thing I have a young man hired to help me, as Archie still can't walk with out help.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Sunkissed, earlier in the week we were in the 80s. Then a cold front moved in and brought snow. lol. Its all melted now. Currently 46 and cloudy.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

15C/59F was the high today

I am so excited...I found this plant locally for cheaper than I'd get it off the net.

http://www.medinilla.ca/history.html

has anyone here grown it?

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Lilypond, what a beautiful plant.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

The sky is blue today...I missed that blue sky. Mostly sunny high 81F

Maxine I hope there weren't any tomatoes in those cages under all that snow.

Lily what a magnificent plant!

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Juhur thank you for the name. :)

Maxine :o)

Sunkissed Magnificent certainly is a fitting name ;) Have you tried growing it in your greenhouse climate?

I was so shocked to find this beauty in my small prairie city!

Am praying it loves our climate (given the fact that we have more moisture flowing through this city than ever before I'm guessing we won't be dry as dust this summer).

Kelli I saw one article here that showed a pic of California on fire and the caption asked if we were looking at Mordor or California :S Did you get any rain yet (wish we could send our excess your way). At the very least (as payback for warming us up) I hope you are having cooler temperatures?!? (your warm air went up to British Columbia and crossed the mountains and came down to us). Now that our snowpack has melted, due to your generosity, our prairie sun can do it's stuff (we just had too much snow that the sunlight reflected off it and only compacted it more). In reality slow melts would have been kinder, re flooding, but we would still be melting in August.

Currently 20C/68F here. So hard to adept to this heat wave until we acclimatize.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

40% chance of rain today, 60% chance tomorrow. They are calling for a high of 70F today.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

It is rain lightly here now and has been all morning , 58 degrees going for low 60's , feels cold after 70's and 80's ..
WIND IS EAST at 16mph GUSTING 24 TO 26


lilypon ' your most welcome

Thumbnail by juhur7
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Currently mid 50s and partly cloudy. All in all a nice day.

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

68F for a high today. The NOAA map of Indiana has the strangest pattern for the highs of what may be yesterday. The far north had 75F and the southwest corner had a high of 52F. Also the SW had a low of 35F while I had a low of 52F.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

That is strange , only a few miles difference and that 58 degrees earlier was our high , forecast saying different ,only that was it.. odd weather ...saying 53 for a low tonight and it is 52 and falling here , something is just not right here in Hoosier land..

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Sunkissed, no tomato's. Use them to hold my peony flowers up as one knows when it rains they are on the ground due to the weight of the flower head. Works!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

That's the same low that went through here causing the snow. We had no snow to speak of, 30 miles east had enough to close schools. Farther east up to 18".

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Got 0.3" of rain last night!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

69 and the sun is shining finally!!

Found out today that my nephew found a copperhead snake in my garden over the weekend. Luckily he didn't try to pick it or anything and told my dad. I laid down cardboard last year in it and ended up making a snake haven. Ooops!! Don't want that. That's what the field is for. lol

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Mid 60's ,, rain in the morning , sun in the late afternoon and evening .
All my cardboard ever caused was beds for cats and dig in's for Toads ,, lol

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I never thought it would attract snakes either. I walk on it all the time. My cats also dig in there. Every open area of dirt in the yard they think is for them. lol.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

The low that was up here moved down below you folks and settled in for a brief stay.

Meanwhile California's heat is warming us up to summer temps.

Edmonton, Alberta was 30C/86F today

My location was 24C/75F today.

I'm having a hard time adjusting to this heat.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

After reading the above :S I'm thankful the only snake I've ever seen is the garter snake.

Glad to read your nephew is alright Pepper.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Lilypon it was like that here when from the 30's to 80's it went , That was hard to adjust too ..
Gater snakes
King snakes
Black snakes
Rat snakes (lots of )
Racers (rarely) All these and water and Hognose I have seen around here

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

    You may upload up to 5 images
    BACK TO TOP