Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Insect and Spider Identification: Please identify this spider

Communities > Forums > Insect and Spider Identification
bookmark
Forum: Insect and Spider IdentificationReplies: 2, Views: 29
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
EddieK76
Noblesville, IN

May 2, 2013
10:34 AM

Post #9505416

We moved into this house which is in the suburbs if Indianapolis and we see a lot of these spiders. They are big bigger than any spider I've ever seen. This is one that I just killed. Please help me. I need to spray around the house and inside against these guys.

Thumbnail by EddieK76
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Flapdoodle
Minot, ND

May 2, 2013
1:14 PM

Post #9505625

Appears to be a wolf spider, but difficult to be certain because of its condition. At any rate, it is not a dangerous species, and you would be putting your household at a greater health risk from spraying that from anything the spiders would pose.
Gazoodles
Iowa Park, TX
(Zone 7b)

May 2, 2013
9:54 PM

Post #9506176

Just shoo the spiders into a paper cup with a dry paint brush or piece of paper and then turn them loose out in the garden. They are very helpful at keeping the bad guys under control.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Insect and Spider Identification Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
SOLVED: Tiny Red Critters Angel 26 Apr 26, 2014 7:18 AM
SOLVED: Do you know what kind of Spider this is? dignbloom 55 Aug 18, 2012 4:36 PM
SOLVED: green caterpillar xox_kitkat_xox 4 Jan 24, 2010 9:05 PM
SOLVED: Name this insect? Dinu 16 Oct 19, 2008 2:54 PM
SOLVED: Red Spider about the diameter of a penny gardenwife 24 Oct 10, 2009 10:41 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America