Beginner Gardening: planting tulips

Communities > Forums > Beginner Gardening
Forum: Beginner GardeningReplies: 2, Views: 29
Add to Bookmarks
Aurora, IL

May 9, 2013
6:56 PM

Post #9515121

I'm new to this website and have a few questions. On the plant trades, how do we pay for the plants, or do we trade what we have for what someone else has? how are they shipped?
Regarding the tulips, I just got 2 tulip plants. all the leaves are dead. Can I plant now? If not, do I store in the basement or store in the refrigerator. I live in zone 5A.
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 9, 2013
8:48 PM

Post #9515251

You should plant them now, rather than risking that they get dried out or forgotten.
Ayrshire Scotland
United Kingdom

May 10, 2013
2:02 PM

Post #9515950

I've never used plant trade so cant help you there, I would guess the payment either by other plant swaps or paying postage etc would be between you and the other person, others are involved doing this so maybe one will get in and help you out.

As regards the Tulip's, like Altagardener, I would stick them in the garden and mark with a cane or label where you put them so next year they emerge, you know what is peeping through the soil and you don't go dig them up or stand on them.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Vines for shade Foxglove 27 Aug 23, 2007 2:17 AM
wierd bug problem Ivey 9 Mar 7, 2010 7:54 PM
The ComposTumbler dave 43 Apr 18, 2009 5:06 AM
Are there any plants that discourage snakes? If not, any other ideas? Carol7 35 Aug 23, 2007 12:37 AM
Vine support pole Dinu 11 Jan 13, 2014 1:26 AM

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America