Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Beginner Gardening Questions: planting tulips

Communities > Forums > Beginner Gardening Questions
bookmark
Forum: Beginner Gardening QuestionsReplies: 2, Views: 28
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Yorkknit
Aurora, IL

May 9, 2013
6:56 PM

Post #9515121

Hi
I'm new to this website and have a few questions. On the plant trades, how do we pay for the plants, or do we trade what we have for what someone else has? how are they shipped?
Regarding the tulips, I just got 2 tulip plants. all the leaves are dead. Can I plant now? If not, do I store in the basement or store in the refrigerator. I live in zone 5A.
altagardener
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 9, 2013
8:48 PM

Post #9515251

You should plant them now, rather than risking that they get dried out or forgotten.
WeeNel
Ayrshire Scotland
United Kingdom

May 10, 2013
2:02 PM

Post #9515950

I've never used plant trade so cant help you there, I would guess the payment either by other plant swaps or paying postage etc would be between you and the other person, others are involved doing this so maybe one will get in and help you out.

As regards the Tulip's, like Altagardener, I would stick them in the garden and mark with a cane or label where you put them so next year they emerge, you know what is peeping through the soil and you don't go dig them up or stand on them.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Gardening Questions Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cyclanthus bipartitus 'Gigant' bepah 3 Jun 11, 2010 9:05 AM
Welcome to the Beginner Gardening Questions forum! dave 53 Jun 18, 2013 4:28 PM
canna rhizomes help Allison_FL 20 Jan 16, 2013 6:55 PM
Where to locate my garden - light issues Martell 18 Apr 19, 2010 2:17 PM
Baby Oak Tree Seedtosser1 13 Jun 4, 2009 5:13 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America