good morning

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

No nasty emails this morning, thank God!

I guess we're waiting for the storm. It is problematical as to how much snow we'll get, we being at the western edge of the projections. Right now, it's sunny in the east window, cloudy in the west.

I spent the rest of the day yesterday after the computer horrors being extremely ill. Stan figures it's stress - on a dairy farm????? Who'd a thunk?

My pansies are growing geometrically - since potting them up on Friday (thursday?), they have all put up new. larger leaves and look like real plants. I still only have 2 lisianthus seedlings, but I have learned patience.

I have the newly planted seed boxes sitting on top of the lights for warmth. I'll start checking them on Monday. Problem is, there isn't any room left UNDER the lights when they do germinate.

While I was being sick, Stan CLEANED the back room - runner, doormat, floor, sorted out all the junk and hauled it off, got everything else in a place. It is dazzling! What a sweety.

Off to do breakfast and a nap before church. Have a good day, stay dry and warm,
Kathleen

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Kathleen so sorry you have been ill - was this episode before or after I received your email? We went to church last night just in case the weather was bad. So far so good. Looks like you are going to get a few inches of snow, so take care and keep us posted as to your well being. God bless.

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

I got that crazy e-mail everyone was talking about. I realized I didn't want to open it but it tried to open anyway and gave me an internal error message. Then I had to shut the whole computer down twice to get rid of it.
I think the weather should be up to the 40's today. Gosh almost spring.
Visited my very pregnant daughter in the city yesterday. It must always be a few degrees warmer there. Lots of bulbs seem to be ready to bloom where as mine are just barely popping up their heads.

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Kathleen..hope you feel better soon :)
Nice to see you KathyJo..my parents visited me yesterday and it always is a treat to have them here. My mom especially liked all of my seeds growing inside and she was marveled at how differently they all looked while sprouting :)
Ahh....the weather..the storm is brewing and coming this way. It's snowing now and already there is a snow emergency to move vehicles off of the main roads for plowing. I have to give credit to this new mayor, he seems very in tune with all of the citizens and not select constituents. I think the South got flooded out and the Northeast will get snowed in. I hope everyone makes it through this blast safely. You guys in New Jersey beach areas..I'll say an extra prayer for your safety and hopefully, too, the beach erosion and damage won't be too severe. This has been a longgggggg winter. I think I will go into my seed room and dream of growing gardens :)
Trish

Richmond Hill, GA(Zone 8b)

I didn't get a nasty email. What was it about?

P2

Richmond Hill, GA(Zone 8b)

Just found what you were talking about. Glad I never joined that other place.

P2

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Morning folks! Bright sunny day. It is about 60* here. However we have water everywhere! Looks like another day that we are inside. I hope everyone is prepared for the big Nor'ester that ya'll will be getting. Sounds like it is going to be really bad. You folks have a great day! Many blessings, Lisa

Batchelor, LA(Zone 8b)

I got two more of the garbage e-mails this AM.
They were disguised as something from AOL.
You almost have to burn your computer to get rid of them.
Bud

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Got one in this morning(AOL one) and then just now while I was on line. I just deleted it right away. Sick folks in this world. Lisa

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

I was feeling much better, until I tried to open my email. Why can't they just leave us alone? A lovely Sunday afternoon shot to you know where!

It is starting to snow, lightly right at the moment, but picking up little by little. First, we were in the 2-3 inches area, now we're in the 1-2 feet area. Lake Erie will no doubt do some enhancement when the wind swings around from the NW. It's about due east right now.

Stay warm,
Kathleen

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

If anyone of ya'll have AOL for your ISP please read: One of the most effective things you can do to stem the flow of junk e-mail is to report it. This helps AOL learn more about the junk e-mail that our members receive and helps us build technical and legal solutions.

If you receive an e-mail from outside the AOL domain (meaning the sender's e-mail address includes a domain name - the portion of an address following the @ sign), forward the entire e-mail to Screen Name TOSSpam.

If you receive an e-mail from within the AOL domain (meaning the sender's e-mail address does not include a domain name - the portion of an address following the @ sign), forward the entire e-mail to Screen Name: TOSEmail1.

If you receive an e-mail with a suspicious attached file or inappropriate graphic, forward it to Screen Name TOSFiles.

Be sure to forward the original e-mail (click Forward when your e-mail message is displayed). Do not copy and paste your e-mail message into a new e-mail form.

***Lisa

southeast, NE

Thanks for the "heads up" on e-mail. Yes I received them too but I just deleted them before opening and didn't have any problems. I am not that computer "literate". Why would some people have problems with e-mail opening themselves up?

It's nice out - upper 30's - reached upper 40's yesterday. There is a lot of boot sucking mud everywhere. Remember my post about the annoying neighor. Well he stopped today and then had the audacity to complain how muddy our driveway was. You know I really had to bite my tongue (and keep from slapping him). I will have to admit our driveway is very bad. It slopes downward. Because of the way our place is situated, dh has to pile the snow on the top of the driveway and as it melts, it runs down hill. The driveway also seemed to suck up a lot of rock this year. I bet the rock haulers are going to be busy this spring.

Nelda calved last night. She was carrying an embryo. The little bull calf weighed 125 lbs. I just love watching those little calves the first day when they waddle after their moms.

You all have a good day!

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Jewell, our computer has Outlook Express. When the email comes in a highlight banner hits the first one and that is then open whether you want it to be or not. Also, we have to click on the email to delete it, and that opens it. I think there is a way to fix it, but I need to have some help to do it since I am just barely past turning on the machine. I'm better at animals than computers. I have found that I can delete the nastys in groups without clicking on the bad guy. To do that I go to edit, select all, and then delete. I learned that from the tech support guy. Trouble is that takes everything on the screen.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images