Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
grits74571
Talihina, OK

May 20, 2013
12:40 PM

Post #9527297

Let me know what Y'all think about strawberries and Garlic in the same bed ,we grow a small demo bed at our class site and anyone is welcome to add plants so one lady brought some elephant garlic and another 18 big healthy strawberry plants so now I am not sure if these are compatible (sic?)
gardadore
Saylorsburg, PA
(Zone 6a)

May 21, 2013
6:45 AM

Post #9528176

I have made up a companion list based on viewing a variety of sources. On my list it says strawberries are good with Borage, Bush Beans, Lettuce, Onion and Spinach. Since garlic is a member of the onion family I assume it would be just fine.

The foe for strawberries listed is cabbage and family members.

As for garlic it is good for tomatoes and roses. Should NOT be planted with peas or beans (inhibits their growth - don't know why!) or potatoes.

This is not a Bible just an accumulation of other people's views on the subject! I tend to try to follow my list just to be safe but do have some of my peas fairly close to garlic which gets pulled in July. So far the peas have done fine in the last couple of years!
grits74571
Talihina, OK

May 22, 2013
6:13 AM

Post #9529477

Thanx Gardadore I found a really good site on that subject from one of the Univ. in Missouri very complete the biggest suprise was that one plant stood out as beneficial to ALL other and that was the Petunia

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Vegetable Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
very important question farmgirl21 31 Jan 8, 2008 12:31 AM
Need Source For Chinese Vegetable Seed berrygirl 18 Jun 15, 2008 7:21 PM
An accidental lesson Farmerdill 26 Feb 24, 2013 12:10 PM
Planting the "Three sisters" HilltopDaisy 94 Jul 6, 2011 3:38 AM
Rhubarb emilyrasmus 19 Apr 25, 2013 4:55 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America