Hard to believe how time has flown, but the16th DG annual photo contest has begun! Find the details here. Best wishes to all the entrants!!!

Jack's Giant question

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

I have resisted a Jack's Giant for a long time, because of lack of space. I found this plant for 10 dollars and couldn't resist, reasoning that it could be controlled by pot size. When I got it home to transplant it, I found there is no bulb or tuber - just roots. Is it a tissue culture plant? Now it seems to have a few very tiny babies on it. I have an 18 gallon pot to move it up to, when it is ready. Will it form a bulb, or tuber?

Do Jack's Giants need lots of water? Could it be grown in a artificial bog, like sitting in a child's swimming pool (minus the child)? I have one of the hard plastic pools I grow other pots of tropicals in, I could get this big fella his own pool.

Any help is appreciated. I don't post much, but I read a lot.

Thanks. Phyllis

Thumbnail by peony1066 Thumbnail by peony1066
Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Have you posed each of your questions in a google.com search - you would find the answers there.

Saugerties, NY(Zone 5a)

Check & see if this helps

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

Yes, I have tried google. Perhaps I'm not posing the questions correctly, but as they say - experience is a great teacher.

Thanks to both of you for your responses. I'm off to read more about it.

Saugerties, NY(Zone 5a)

Phyllis, when I googled for you all I entered was Jack's Giant, sometimes less is more, still learning after all these years LOL

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks, Christine, I think I WAS using too complicated questions. Your tip is a good one.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.