AuthorContent
pjbors
Ashland, OH
(Zone 6a)

May 28, 2013
12:08 PM

Post #9537139

Hello friends,
I have had my angel trumpet plant in a large planter for several years and have had great success with it. However, since I moved to Ohio three years ago, the plant has struggled with what looks like spider mites or maybe aphids. I attached two photos of the leaves with the pests. I have not seen any webbing on the plant so I'm not sure they are spider mites. I have used SCHULZ Fungicide 3 regularly with no success. I have removed the plant from its planter and replanted it in fresh soil in an attempt to remove any possible nest or homes for the pests. I have read elsewhere that I should cut all the growth to remove the bugs and let it start over. However this happens every year when I cut it back for winter and it sprouts new shoots in the spring. Any advice would be great as I am frustrated.

Thumbnail by pjbors   Thumbnail by pjbors
Click an image for an enlarged view.

JoParrott
Richland, WA
(Zone 7b)

May 28, 2013
2:52 PM

Post #9537397

Those are aphids, and just about any insecticide spray will take care of them.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Garden Pests and Diseases Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hollyhock Rust ??? snuggles 8 Feb 25, 2008 1:41 PM
Pests: Calling all slug experts! (Not for the faint of heart) candleberry 162 Jun 18, 2014 7:41 AM
PROOF that milk kills mildew Wintermoor 26 Jun 26, 2007 4:54 PM
These ants are a bane Dinu 18 Nov 13, 2007 5:18 PM
Getting rid of yellow jackets ButterflyGardnr 23 Jun 18, 2009 2:34 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America