Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Water Gardens: Goldfish and the lilies

Communities > Forums > Water Gardens
bookmark
Forum: Water GardensReplies: 4, Views: 111
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
helenchild
Decatur, GA

June 7, 2013
6:01 AM

Post #9549678

Now that the water is clear I decided to repot a huge lilie plant in hopes it will bloom more. Its yellow. The peach one is going gangbusters but the yellow hasn't really been blooming much. I guess its probably since it was really crowded in its pot. The peach one might be as well but since its doing so well I will leave it alone.
Anyway now I can see the goldfish and I liked this picture. Some of them have nodules on their bodies. I first noticed them this spring but they don't seem to be bothering them at all. They also don't seem to be progressing in anyway. Anyone with an idea about the lesions?

Thumbnail by helenchild   Thumbnail by helenchild   Thumbnail by helenchild
Click an image for an enlarged view.

MerryMary
Ocoee (W. Orlando), FL
(Zone 9b)

June 13, 2013
6:38 PM

Post #9558204

If you can gert a better pic of the lesions you're talking about, maybe (?) I can help you...I don't see anything in this pic? Can you explain more? :)
helenchild
Decatur, GA

June 14, 2013
3:52 PM

Post #9559193

In the picture the fish on the right has a raised lesion on its body that is visible in the picture. It is lighter colored than the fish, you can see its outline on the edge of the fish's body, closer to the tail than the gills. I haven't taken a fish out to examine them more closely so really can't say much more that that. Not all the fish have them and the ones I have noted don't seem to be changing from when I first noticed them this spring. (after I finally got the water clear.)
Thanks.
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 2, 2013
3:51 AM

Post #9648250

How did your fish make out?
helenchild
Decatur, GA

September 2, 2013
7:14 AM

Post #9648400

The bumps have gotten a little bit bigger but the fish still seem fine. I haven't noticed any new lesions either. So who knows? I will keep an eye on them and post any big changes.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Water Gardens Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Lotus/Kitty Litter Mardell 36 Jun 21, 2011 5:29 AM
This is my waterpond before we started the new construction! TraciS 9 Feb 19, 2008 1:35 PM
No Pump Water Garden gardening101usa 4 Mar 12, 2007 5:50 PM
Easy and inexpensive pond... BigDaddy99 85 Aug 8, 2008 11:05 PM
How many ponders are out there ?? List your names - Update! judycooksey 364 Jul 24, 2014 8:15 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America