Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Garden Showcase: Garden showcase - some albums may not be appropriate?

Communities > Forums > Garden Showcase
bookmark
Forum: Garden ShowcaseReplies: 2, Views: 37
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
mygardens
Croton-on-Hudson, NY
(Zone 6b)

June 8, 2013
11:23 AM

Post #9551118

I have started an album and I know this is just being developed, but I just want to note some problems that may or may not have been mentioned. When I click on a flower in the plantfiles, on some listings it says "View this plant in a garden." However, I have noticed that instead of seeing the plant in a garden setting, many people are just making albums of closeup images that might be more appropriate for the plantfiles. Also, when you click on "View this plant in a garden," the search function brings up many unrelated photos. ie: I clicked on Yellow Wax Bells, ( http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/54273/ ,) and then "view in a garden," and received photos of yellow roses, yellow iris, wax begonias, Yellow Jacobinia, etc. and I was only on page one of six pages. Very few garden photos with Yellow Wax Bells in a garden setting.

The Garden Showcase feature is a great idea for seeing plants in a garden setting. Look forward to getting the bugs worked out.
Meredith79
Southeastern, NH
(Zone 5b)

July 13, 2013
6:24 AM

Post #9597309

I agree with you! I haven't been interested in it because of the things you describe. I also have had a problem starting an album. IT won't save my info when I try to add an album.
LAS14
Albany, ME
(Zone 4b)

July 16, 2013
10:20 AM

Post #9601131

I restarted this discussion in Dave's Garden. I do yearn for a "garden showcase," without having to plow through phtos of individual flowers. I don't come here anymore.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1325404/

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Garden Showcase Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Introducing Garden Showcase! alisonrose 28 Jan 24, 2013 9:24 AM
"new garden showcase" louisdesena 4 Mar 14, 2014 2:32 PM
Garden Showcase lbgardens 2 Feb 12, 2013 2:44 PM
I think this is a genious and fun new forum... DavidofDeLand 1 Jan 22, 2013 10:37 AM
Great! now, how do I find a specific user's garden sallyg 6 Jan 24, 2013 2:07 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America