Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Insect and Spider Identification: is this a poisonous brown recluse spider

Communities > Forums > Insect and Spider Identification
bookmark
Forum: Insect and Spider IdentificationReplies: 3, Views: 79
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
joefly
Clearwater, FL

June 11, 2013
4:07 PM

Post #9555363

Is this Brown Recluse? Tampa bay areaAbout week ago felt light headed, headache, had trouble breathing and lots of post nasal drip mucous production choking me at night at same time I also had an ulcerated sore onmy leg that did not start to heal for about a week. I was later told by pest control that the place I moved into had lots of Brown widows around it so I thought I might have been bitten by Brown widow. I showed him the bite scar and he said it was a Brown widow bite. After looking around online I notice that most descriptions of widow bitessay that the bits from widows don't usually cause necrotic lesions. I saw that those types of bites ate usually Brown recluse. I ended up with another sore with pain on my thigh along underwear line. I was hoping it was going to turn out to be a pimple but today I thought I felt a bite on my foot while wearing slippers and a few minutes later I saw a little Spider on the ironing board near me. I took a picture of it and it looks like a Spider with a black violin on its back. Is this causing the necrosis and wounds I am experiencing? Is this a Brown recluse?

Thumbnail by joefly   Thumbnail by joefly
Click an image for an enlarged view.

Flapdoodle
Minot, ND

June 11, 2013
5:34 PM

Post #9555430

Definitely not a recluse spider of any kind; more likely a harmless wall spider.
missingrosie
Hillsborough, NC

June 11, 2013
7:37 PM

Post #9555582

Not a spider bite expert - but from what I can see your bite (if that is what it is) looks inflamed but not necrotic. If you continue to get those eruptions/ lesions - see doctor. Could be you have staph. The doc can get a closer loth. Staph infection can make you feel bad.
joefly
Clearwater, FL

June 15, 2013
12:59 PM

Post #9560087

Brown widow

This is brown widow and brown widow eggs around my house and scar left from wound. Pest control guy said I was bit by Brown widow and he showed me a scar on his leg that he said came from Brown widow bite and was the same looking scar that I have now where the wound above was. The wound was a hole in the top layers of my skin with blood and rawness in bottom of it. Hurry when shower water hit it and when standing made my leg muscle sore in that area. wanted make sure wasnt a brown recluse bite. I don't know sucked whatever it was.

Thumbnail by joefly   Thumbnail by joefly   Thumbnail by joefly   Thumbnail by joefly   
Click an image for an enlarged view.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Insect and Spider Identification Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
SOLVED: Tiny Red Critters Angel 26 Apr 26, 2014 7:18 AM
SOLVED: Do you know what kind of Spider this is? dignbloom 55 Aug 18, 2012 4:36 PM
SOLVED: green caterpillar xox_kitkat_xox 4 Jan 24, 2010 9:05 PM
SOLVED: Name this insect? Dinu 16 Oct 19, 2008 2:54 PM
SOLVED: Red Spider about the diameter of a penny gardenwife 24 Oct 10, 2009 10:41 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America