Hard to believe how time has flown, but the16th DG annual photo contest has begun! Find the details here. Best wishes to all the entrants!!!

orange bell pepper problem

Belleair, FL(Zone 10a)

I bought pepper plants at Walmart of the different color bell peppers. All the plants are growing well except for the orange. Its green & healthy but has never gotten tall like the others. It has little flowers at the very top of the plant but nowhere else. I planted them closer together cuz I read peppers are hand holders & it hasn't seemed to stunt any of the others but my orange pepper just wont grow any taller! I even moved a few plants away from it to give it more sun & wind but nada. I've attached pics. there's close ups of the top & side of the plant & also of all 4 plants to show how short the orange is in comparison. (The orange is the lower left plant that's tiny) I planted all these at the same time & all were the same size then. Any help would be appreciated. P.s. I know my camera sucks. I'm sorry I can't get better pics.

Thumbnail by brownthumb78 Thumbnail by brownthumb78 Thumbnail by brownthumb78
Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

I will not worry.
Not all pepper plants grow the same ... maybe it is just a different variety.

Charlotte, NC(Zone 7b)

I agree with drthor. As long as your pepper plant looks healthy, let it grow at it's own pace.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.