Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Garden Visitor: The American Robin: First sign of Spring

Communities > Forums > Article: Garden Visitor: The American Robin
bookmark
Forum: Article: Garden Visitor: The American RobinReplies: 1, Views: 3
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Gardeningman
Kingman, KS

June 17, 2013
6:32 AM

Post #9562000

Forget the groundhog! Robins are one of the surest signs of Spring. Seeing robins hopping through the trees and hearing their songs in late March indictaes that the earthworms are beginnng to move closer to the surface of the ground, which is a tell tale sign that Spring is just around the corner. Robins are wonderful birds, and I enjoy and appreciate them every time I see them.

gwen21

gwen21
Gurnee, IL
(Zone 5b)

June 17, 2013
9:59 AM

Post #9562262

Well said, Gardeningman! Each spring, just when I think winter will never loosen its hold, I spy my first robin of the season and all seems right with the world!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Garden Visitor: The American Robin Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Robin Migration Indy 1 Jun 13, 2013 11:33 AM
Robin migration orangegrovegirl 2 Jul 2, 2013 1:57 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America