Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Garden Visitor: The American Robin: Robin migration

Communities > Forums > Article: Garden Visitor: The American Robin
bookmark
Forum: Article: Garden Visitor: The American RobinReplies: 2, Views: 6
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
orangegrovegirl
Port Saint Lucie, FL

June 17, 2013
2:05 PM

Post #9562502

I recall only seeing them once a year here in my section of Florida, east coast, zone 9, and that is usually about Late February. I think perhaps we're on a migratory path back to the northern US but where do they migrate to? South America?

gwen21

gwen21
Gurnee, IL
(Zone 5b)

June 17, 2013
7:08 PM

Post #9562813

There's a map on this Cornell Lab of Ornithology page showing their winter range:
http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/american_Robin/lifehistory.

It looks like most Mexico and parts of Central America as well as most of Florida are included.

orangegrovegirl
Port Saint Lucie, FL

July 2, 2013
1:57 PM

Post #9583609

Thanks very much for the website. That's a really nice site; I've bookmarked it for future reference. Yes, it seems the entire state of Florida is part of their winter stopover. We don't see them for very long - maybe for upward of two weeks, but then again, the website said they're not always on the ground. Beautiful birds... but then, I think all birds are beautiful (even the awkward looking ones!).

Thanks again, Montine in (very hot) Florida!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Garden Visitor: The American Robin Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Robin Migration Indy 1 Jun 13, 2013 11:33 AM
First sign of Spring Gardeningman 1 Jun 17, 2013 9:59 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America